Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use CarSoft cable with INPA and DIS

My Cars
    E46 M/332i x 2; F87 M2C
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    From the list of programs choose INPA(_.IPO) as the one you want to run, not INPA(_.IPS)
    This.

If you are running from the command line, execute INPALOAD.EXE, not INPA.EXE.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Does it matter if you install DIS before INPA/EDIABAS?

Issue I am having:

• DIS freezes on the diagnostic screen on the vehicle selection screen.
    • I can't pass the API test. i followed the instructions in the "read me first" doc.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The order of installation should not be critical, but the ability to pass the API test is - try this:-
    1. Shutdown DIS and the IFHSrv32, ensure that the Ediabas server is also closed.
    2. Ensure that all firewalls (i.e. Windows firewall programs and firewall programs activated from antivirus software) and antivirus programs are disabled.
    3. Start the IFHSrv32 and DIS.
    4. Go to the Administration tab of DIS and from the "calibrating touch screen" button, enter the EasyDIS configure-matic menu.
    5. From the Configure Ediabas/configure processes and choose translator options, Check that vm is set to not run, Fister is chosen as the translator, then attempt an API test.
    6. If the API test passes your installation should be set to go, if not, proceed to the next step:-
    7. Shutdown the IFHSrv32 and again check the process configurations in DIS to ensure that vm is set to not run (I have encountered the situation where changing this setting whilst the IFHSrv32 netserver is open, will not allow changes to "stick").
    8. After confirming that processes are correctly configured and that Fister has been selected as the translator, restart Ediabas from the configure Ediabas option inside DIS, then shutdown DIS by selecting Option 0 from the configure-matic main menu.
    9. Start the IFHSrv32 netserver and then DIS and settings should have been correctly locked, if you have done everything else correctly, your installation should now be functional.
    Last edited by David Mc; 01-01-2011 at 01:45 AM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    ^^^

Thanks - that worked.

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Thank you guys for help, INPA worked, but I got another meesage when I chose mileage indicator reset (<=255km)

ApiCheckJobStatus: Job-Status error: [ERROR_NACK] instead of [OKAY]!
    Continue script processing?

Also when I want to make SMG adaption

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    What vehicle are you connecting to?

My Cars
    BMW E30
    It is E36 M3 1998 euro, SMG gearbox

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The service indicator on E36's does not have the ability to be set for mileage, which is why you would be getting the mileage reset failure. I have never attempted to reset adaptation values on an SMG gearbox as these are default shift data based on engine rpm, load and road speed normally only relevant to automatic transmissions.

My Cars
    BMW E30
    I see, I'm trying to do API test, I entered 12345 as a password but seems like it is wrong, I'm using DIS v57, does it have another password ?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    No, the password is the one you initially selected during installation of the program.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Hi Modded,
    is your version of DIS v57 built on an Easy DIS Base or is it a DVD or a version of DIS57 with a virtual machine already set up that you bought? If it is the latter it may not be built on Easy DIS. You can still get it t work but you'll need to also run a Diaghead Emulator if you're not running an Easy DIS Base. To get out to the Unix system from DIS v57 click CTRL+SysRq (In my case on a Dell I have to click CTRL+FN+SysRq). From here you can make the Scoadmin, Ediabas.ini, hosts.ini changes required. Login as root, the password for these versions are usually set to either: 1235, password or no password at all (just click return)
    The Scoadmin procedure is a slightly different view but the procedure is similar.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    I'm having an issue using the Carsoft cable with DIS - I followed the "READ ME FIRST" Instructions
    The cable works for INPA and Carsoft.

• IFHSrv32 is running
    • Translator to FISTER
    • VM is set to not run
    • Passed the API Test
    • No firewalls or AV running

Here is an example of trying to use the diagnostic feature.

1. Choosing "DME Digital Motor Electronics MS43" and then clicking on the Green arrow. Notice how none of the lights light up on the upper right hand corner.

2. I click on "OK" for the short test (Not sure what this does)

3. This error comes up. I am also getting an 800.49 error.

4. Stating that a Control module cannot be detected.

I am assuming the cable is the issue? Again, the cable works for both Carsoft and INPA.

I resolved the post above.

• Open Carsoft and run any diagnostic
    • Close Carsoft
    • Open IFHSrv32
    • Open DIS

The key for me was to close Carsoft after running a diagnostic. The first time around I left Carsoft open.

Now to find the option to disable my magnetic clutch switch.
    Last edited by phamine; 01-01-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW E30
    David, I didn't put a password during installation.
    rebel, yes I bought it with a virtual machine already set up. I followed your instructions I hit ctrl+sysrq, I put root as login, but I'm not able to enter anything for the password, the cursor is not moving. I hit enter, Login incorrect.

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded E30 View Post
    David, I didn't put a password during installation.
    rebel, yes I bought it with a virtual machine already set up. I followed your instructions I hit ctrl+sysrq, I put root as login, but I'm not able to enter anything for the password, the cursor is not moving. I hit enter, Login incorrect.
    Try 12345 as a password, then ENTER, the cursor will not move, thats normal.

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    Try 12345 as a password, then ENTER, the cursor will not move, thats normal.
    I appreciate your help

rebel.ranterou
    Now what should I do on that screen?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Other options used as a password for the pre-cooked versions of DIS are password or just hit the return key (i.e. no password)

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded E30 View Post
    Now what should I do on that screen?
    There are 5 things you have to do, 3 of which you change from the screen you got into logging in as root. Have a read of David mc's "Read this first" pdf file to see how to do four of them.

1. Modify the "hosts" file
    To do this:
    a) Type cd /etc (press return)
    b) Type vi hosts (press return)
    A couple of lines will pop up (i.e. the hosts file contents)
    c) Navigate your cursor to the line At the line 127.0.0.1
    d) Type the letter o to open a new line
    e) In the new line type type 192.168.68.1 diaghead diaghead (be sure to press tab betwee IP address & the first diaghead)
    f) If there is a gt1ap1 line delete that line by typing xx at the start of the line (xx is the delete comand in Unix)
    g) To save your work type:

:wq (colon w q)

Here is what your "hosts" file should look like when you're done:

Next:

2. Modify the "ediabas.ini file
    To do this:
    a) If you are already in the etc file you don't need to type:
    cd /etc.

If you have just logged in as root then type cd /etc (This changes you to the etc directory)
    b) Type:

vi ediabas.ini

c) Change the remote host to 192.168.68.1
    d) Change the Port to 6801
    d) Save your changes by typing the following
    :wq (colon w q, type all three)

Here is what your "ediabas.ini" file should look like when you're done:

Then:

3. Remove and re-add your Network card under scoadmin
    a) If you are still in the etc folder simply type:

scoadmin

b) From here you need remove & re-add the network card as per instructions in David mc's "Read this first" instructions. It is only very slightly different.

Here is the screen you get when you type scoadmin:

4. Modify the local ediabas.ini file on your c:/ drive
    a) I assume you you have INPA installed & working? If not follow Rondomy's instructions on how to do this
    b) If you have followed the instructions to get INPA working then you will ave covered this step. Again it is about identifying the RemoteHost = 192.168.68.1, Port = 6801, Interface = STD:OBD.
    c) Find the IFHSrv32 file & create a shortcut to it on your desktop, you need to run this before you run DIS everytime you use the tool.

5. Download & Install the Diaghead Emulator
    a) Because you bought a ready made virtual machine the likelihood is that it is not built on a EasyDIS Base. This means you have no choice but to use a Diaghead Emulator. It is a small tool that takes the place of a yellow diaghead.
    b) Open Diaghead Emulator as well before you do any diagnostics. Set it to "Run" when DIS is opened in your virtual machine.

I skipped through these instructions briefly because it is all written already in the "Read this first" document & also the INPA install thread.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 01-06-2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: FIXED the "Read this first" links
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    You can avoid the functionality issues by using the INPA v5.02/EDIABAS v6.4.7 files to update your INPA v3.01/EDIABAS v6.4.3 installation rather than doing a clean install using the later software.
    Is it worth updating to this version?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Not unless your car has a build date later than 12/2004. Even then, this will only make a difference when using INPA as EDIABAS is just a communications protocol.

My Cars
    BMW E30
    rebel, your instructions = awesome .
    but those links are not working, would you post them again please?

My Cars
    m3 - 98
    I try to reset airbag light with INPA and I have this error :

EDIABAS-Error
    ApiCheckJobStatus: Job-Status error: [error_ecu_rejected) instead of [OKAY]!
    Continue script processing?

I can read and reset ECU code, EWS... but I can't reset airbag light. I only read them..

any idea?

I have a 1998 M3 Sedan

Thanks!!

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Would Somebody send me diaghead emulator?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Hi moddede30,
    The file I linked to ("Read This First") is in David Mc's 4Shared site above.

My Cars
    BMW E30
    rebel and david are my heroes in this board

OK I got it, but why my screen looks different?
    After saving my work I typed vi hosts and I found after gt1ap line is blank!

Last edited by Modded E30; 01-04-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast