Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use CarSoft cable with INPA and DIS

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525I
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM30s View Post
    If it does, so does the hardware interface, at least to do the functions it is designed to do. Remember older cars require yo to use ADS and a K-Line capable interface, not an ADS>OBD adapter. Maybe the one you have won't be good enough. A member here made one that does it all- get one from him instead of a dodgey chinese copycat.

To check, simply fire up INPA and see if it does. Best to use 6.4.3 FWIK.

Once that reports status and reads the module errors properly, setup your VM networks. Host and DIS must be able to ping each other and resolve each other's hostnames. Set your EDIABAS.ini on the Windows host to ADS and Windows XP. Set the name of the DIS here too.

Then from the DIS (SCO UNIX VM) and check it pings the Windows Host. It needs to talk to IFHSrv.exe. To get this going, run it from the C:\EDIABAS folder and then go back to the DIS>Administration>Calibration and run the APITest. Once that reports a list of options in German (instead of an error), you are ready to exit back to the Diagnostics software and run it.
    I have manage all software to work, and the api test works now, i haven't been able to test it in my car, because the car its in the mechanic and i found some issues, i couldnt find the lambda sensor, and after i switch the gasket from the valve, but now it just smokes a lot, i really want to put this working in order to see the errors from the car, thanks from your answer, i know that my car works only in ads, so i set all things to ads, but in dis, i only made the test successfully, by changing the translate to fisten.

My Cars
    745LI
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you are using a Carsoft interface, you need to start Carsoft and run a single diagnosis on your DME to establish communication with the interface first. As soon as this has been done, you need to run INPA and quit Carsoft. Seriously, a dedicated INPA interface (which also works with DIS) is so ridiculously cheap these days that I cannot understand why anyone would contemplate using a Carsoft interface with INPA for any reason other than to preview the software.
    do you have a link to the dedicated INPA interface ?

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525I
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
    do you have a link to the dedicated INPA interface ?
    yes i have, here it is....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160499165761

I had a bad installation of the carsoft, i fixed it, but now i will test it soon, and let you guys know how it was.

My Cars
    1994 - 530i, 2004 X5 3.0i
    Were you able to resolve the conflict with the 192.168.68.0 and the netmask of 255.255.255.0? I get the same complaint when trying to set these values in the TCP/IP properties tab of the VMnet1 (VMware Network Adapter). I set the IP to 192.168.68.1 and it seemed to work, at least on one of my cars (530i, an E34). The same setup with only the OBD cable changed (from round type under hood to rectangular type under dash) does not work with my X5 (E53). I seem to connect and all based on API test, but can't read any modules. Not sure, but was thinking that I may have created an IP conflict with the diag unit, which is a carsoft setup. Does anyone have any advice regarding the allocation of IP addresses?

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525I
    Quote Originally Posted by prattsky View Post
    Were you able to resolve the conflict with the 192.168.68.0 and the netmask of 255.255.255.0? I get the same complaint when trying to set these values in the TCP/IP properties tab of the VMnet1 (VMware Network Adapter). I set the IP to 192.168.68.1 and it seemed to work, at least on one of my cars (530i, an E34). The same setup with only the OBD cable changed (from round type under hood to rectangular type under dash) does not work with my X5 (E53). I seem to connect and all based on API test, but can't read any modules. Not sure, but was thinking that I may have created an IP conflict with the diag unit, which is a carsoft setup. Does anyone have any advice regarding the allocation of IP addresses?
    maybe you have to change under the ediabas.ini the type of adaptor, and the ipconflict, i solved by restarting my pc, and antivirus and firewall disconnected. The api test also ok, after uninstall the network cards into gt1, and installed the first one that appear to install to my computer, and didnt made any changes to the other setting that its there in network, but, i cant connect to my car still!!! in theory all its working... i think i may have a bad com, but this week i tried with a real machine from a professional, and in the beginning it was giving an error on the dme, saying it was damage but dont know how he fixed it, later on he could access all sort of data, unfortunately he could not erase my dashboard errors, don't know why he couldn't do do it will try another time to conect.
    Last edited by amazze; 11-08-2010 at 12:29 AM.

My Cars
    1995 850Csi, 1990 750iL
    Thanks for the info guys. I've gone through this entire thread but can't seem to get my setup working. Problem is, I have an E90 on which I replaced the switch column. Now the Steering Angle Sensor needs to be initialized, but of course the module has to be coded. I have the yellow GT1 and the orange OPS head and they work well for all the diagnostics, car and key memory settings etc I've done so far. But for this particular situation Progman keeps making up a measures plan before it can code the switch cluster that involves replacing the IHKA unit as it's not the right part number according to Progman. a) Can I get around this problem with Ediabas, INPA and NCS? b) How do I get the yellow or orange diag head to work with Ediabas etc.?

Thanks in advance...
    Alison Moyet said it best: "Is this love!"
    1995 850CSI RHD, Active Rear Kinematics, 94k miles.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525I
    Im not the best person to answer you, but ediadas its a program, and the dighead, ip, that we have to put into gt1, its an alternative to your expensive hardware, so since you have the right hardware, try first to contact some one that sells and works a lot with that, if that didnt worked, i think you should search a little more, because i have seen some answers, dont know where, that shows how to work with the NCS you must search the link to a shared folder that as the instruction and documentation...

My Cars
    528iT
    Just to clarify
    for a 99 E39 i should install INPA with the ODB option even though i am to use the ADS connector?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you are installing INPA and/or DIS v44 and intend to use an ADS interface, you should set "Interface = ADS" in Ediabas.ini. This will be done automatically if during the installation of INPA you choose ADS as your interface type.

If your interface is a switchable ADS/OBD type, when you switch to OBD you will need to restart INPA after modifying the "Interface = ***" line in Ediabas.ini to "Interface = STD:OBD" and running the OBD setup file in c:\\Ediabas\Hardware\OBD.

My Cars
    e36 318is, e38 730d
    Quote Originally Posted by slepac View Post
    Just to clarify
    for a 99 E39 i should install INPA with the ODB option even though i am to use the ADS connector?
    There is no ADS connector. There is either the BMW 20-pin connector, or the OBDII standard compliant connector, or both. You should use the 20-pin if there is one.
    As for interfaces (the piece between the computer and the car connector), the most common are OBD and ADS. If you have an OBD interface, set INPA to OBD. If you have the ADS interface, INPA can function in both modes, but it can do more in the ADS mode.

My Cars
    2003 745li

Communication problem

I've done this over and over.I'm using a Carsoft West adapter and OBD2. It works fine with Carsoft. It seems to stop with INPA. I installed exactly as directed onXP. After I run Carsoft I run INPA as directed in the instructions. That is where it ends, it comes up with a communications error. As a fact I cannot run Carsoft afterwards without a complete disconnect and restart?
    Looking for suggestions or experience. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you are using a Carsoft interface, you need to start Carsoft and run a single diagnosis on your DME to establish communication with the interface first. As soon as this has been done, you need to run INPA and quit Carsoft. Seriously, a dedicated INPA interface (which also works with DIS) is so ridiculously cheap these days that I cannot understand why anyone would contemplate using a Carsoft interface with INPA for any reason other than to preview the software.
    What is the name of this interface and where is it obtained? Thanks

I have an OBD2 reader that has an interface. Think I will try that with INPA.
    Last edited by fxstsb; 12-19-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Try something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-E...motiveQ5fTools a normal OBD2 reader won't work with INPA.

My Cars
    528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by jarda View Post
    There is no ADS connector. There is either the BMW 20-pin connector, or the OBDII standard compliant connector, or both. You should use the 20-pin if there is one.
    As for interfaces (the piece between the computer and the car connector), the most common are OBD and ADS. If you have an OBD interface, set INPA to OBD. If you have the ADS interface, INPA can function in both modes, but it can do more in the ADS mode.
    Got it.

I am using the carsoft interface, but i am getting the communication error when trying to get iINPA to connect, carsoft works fine. Do i have to do some pin adjusments on the interface? I am using a USB to serial adapter. Maybe try another adapter?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Some machines are really picky about Carsoft interface retaining some system settings and not releasing them for when your trying to use INPA. Usually its easier to just get a different interface.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    528iT
    Well, 2 new serial adapters and the ebay INPA interface on their way.
    Anybody have an average shipping time for the interface coming from China?

Update:

Acquired a Dell D630 with a native serial port.
    Ran Carsoft DME diag, closed it, tried INPA, no go.
    Ran again, kept it open ran INPA and found success.

So yeah as noted, very finicky.
    Last edited by slepac; 12-21-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1994 M3
    Hello.I bought a laptop with native serial port and an ads interface on serial.I tested it on inpa 6.4.3 and I can acces all modules except dme 1.7.It says sys-0012:identification error.The car I tested is a 93' e36 bmw 318is.
    Any suggestion?

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525I
    Quote Originally Posted by slepac View Post
    Well, 2 new serial adapters and the ebay INPA interface on their way.
    Anybody have an average shipping time for the interface coming from China?

Update:

Acquired a Dell D630 with a native serial port.
    Ran Carsoft DME diag, closed it, tried INPA, no go.
    Ran again, kept it open ran INPA and found success.

So yeah as noted, very finicky.
    you shouldn't have buy the inpa on ebay, i have one... couldnt conect it for months..., but good luck... there are many solution from members that belong to this forum, its a bit more expensive, i really need one of those but i already spend on this one i have, so im waiting... time $$$, and that i have patience enough to start all over again....
    Last edited by amazze; 12-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You can read the DME using Tool set 32 from the INPA program set. The SGBD file to load is DM172K20 for the DME in the M42, DM173K20 for the M43 or DM524S0 for the M44.

My Cars
    1994 M3
    Thanx.After i load dm17k20 in tool set 32 what should I do next?Is toolset 32 the only way to acces dme in inpa because the menu is in german and are many codes there(jobs)?Will it acces engine in dis/gt1?
    Last edited by hover2008; 12-22-2010 at 05:03 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I have not tested it, but have been told that you can access the DME using DIS/GT1. Change the language of your Toolset 32 to English (by selecting the Toolset 32 option from the Konfiguration menu and ticking the Englisch version box.

My Cars
    530d 2001

DIS french

Hello
    I seek hopelessly a version of DIS in French.
    Excuse me for my bad English
    Thank you in advance

My Cars
    BMW E30
    What Error compiling script file means? I got INPA connected to my car when I switch on ignition key. but not able to do anything!What does that message mean???

My Cars
    E46 M/332i x 2; F87 M2C
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded E30 View Post
    What Error compiling script file means? I got INPA connected to my car when I switch on ignition key. but not able to do anything!What does that message mean???
    Did you start IPS? You need to run IPO.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
    Did you start IPS? You need to run IPO.
    How to do it please?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    From the list of programs choose INPA(_.IPO) as the one you want to run, not INPA(_.IPS)

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast