Thread: CAS 3++ Downgrade

My Cars
    X5,650i

CAS 3++ Downgrade

Hello,

This is my first post here. I’ve been doing BMW keys/locksmithing for a little over 2 years now.

I have a 2007 X5 and 2009 650i with CAS 3++ both with the ME9.2 DME which only gives the 4 digit ISN. So even if I could dump the DME the 4 digit ISN would do me zero good.

Here is my questions…while using Wink FP, NCS, etc is it possible to downgrade the CAS 3 to assembly line, write the keys, then upgrade back up to version it’s currently on? I am going off this post from another forum, perhaps someone here will understand it a bit better than myself (Note: I do not have the actual vehicle. The CAS/DME was mailed to me to make a key.) Below is the other post:

“ all this talk about risk and fancy tools for cas is very crazy.

simply use winkfp, read uif history and flash original matching zbnr hw version or the zb from before the upgrade, they will all be in the log file.

dont bother with backups, ive killed 20 different cas+ modules by simply fogetting to check or uncheck uif write after data/programming. some modules like it, some dont.
    if you brick it, play with options and flash again, use decent cable like (bimmergeeks which has proper firmware) and decent charger, certainly 70 amps is overkill.

cas module should be flashed with ignition off all together.

if you cant find version number to match HW, find latest kmm_ATSH file and use it. i dont want to paste 500k lines here

its a basic and procedure and absolutely not necessary to use any aftermaket tools.”

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Subscribed for the sake of information...