Thread: Clifford Alarm Systems

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    I'm looking to upgrade the alarm system that came with my newly bought (used M3). It's not the stock BMW one, but something called "Auto-Mate" that previous owner had installed. Never heard of them but for now it does the job. Looking at Clifford alarms. They have so many models put no prices on their website.

Anyone have any suggestions as to which model is good and what are the prices?

Thanks,
    Gio

My Cars
    97 M3
    intelliguard 7000
    97 M3/2

I have the Clifford AvantGard 4. One of the coolect features for me is It allows me to Plug my laptop into the car and make adjustments to the alarm myself. (I'm not sure what the consumer software lets you adjust though, I'm running the Shop version of the software..)

I've used the Intelliguard 700 in several other cars and that is a good solid alarm as well. (I guess clifford added a 0 to the model number since I got my last one..) ::shrug::

Alot depends on what features you want. Most of the Cliffords are pretty feature rich, it just depends on what you need. I've noticed that I almost always end up adding one or two extra features or sensors to the system. But I'm a hardcore gadget freak.

never had any problems with Clifford. I'd recommend them to anyone. Just make sure that your shop uses adaptors to interface the alarm with the stock wiring. (Unless the stock wiring has been cut by the previous owner) Makes for a clean install that is easy to service and doesnt damage the car.
    CountZero

"I didnt escape, they gave me a Day Pass"

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    So what were the price ranges for each? I see that the AvantGuard 4 is the top of the line. How much did that one cost? I too am a technophile(gadget freak) so I'll want all the bells & whistles.

Gio

My Cars
    95 M3
    FYI, Clifford went bankrupt last fall and was bought out by DEI. The word on the street is that the most recent Clifford systems (past couple years) are pretty suspect.
    Also, stay away from AutoLoc systems. They provide nice homes to electrical gremlins. Try Viper alarms. I've head some preety good thing about 'em. BTW, I have the BMW/Alpine alarm. Real basic, but works reliably.

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    Oh really? I didn't know Clifford went bankrupt. Actually when I looked at the back of my alarm remote control it says DEI. Hmmm......could they be on in the same? I was thinking about Viper as well. I'll have to look into them as well.

Thanks for the heads up Alan.

Gio

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    Anyone know of a good shop for installing alarms (preferrably Viper or Clifford) in the LA area?

Thanks,
    Gio

seatownm3 Guest
    i have the clifford intelliguard 8000, love it. It was $515 installed with an additional shock sensor.