Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here - just got my M3

My Cars
    96 M3, 86 Saleen Mustang, 96 FullSize Bronco

Cool New here - just got my M3

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and to say thanks in advance to the guys and gals who run bimmerforums.com for having a great resource available to us for spreading information about these incredible cars...

I just got my first BMW on Friday - a 96 silver M3, and I'm in love with this car. I now understand why people are so fanatical about them. I've always been an American Iron kind of guy (i still own a Saleen Mustang and a Ford Bronco) but these German cars are in a class by themselves.

I look forward to meeting some of the San Diego crew...I'll post some pics soon...BTW, anyone have a set of Contours they are willing to part with?

Edward

My Cars
    05 330i ZHP

Welcome!

You'll love the car more and more as time goes on...

Cheers,

Jeff B.
    95 Cosmos M3

My Cars
    2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII, 2005 Chevy Z51 C6
    Congrats on the purchase! It's true, the more you realize what the potential of the car is, the more you're gonna love it. Welcome to the group...
    Rel
    1999 Titanium Silver ///M3 (SOLD)
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

2003 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Borla cat-back, AEM SRI, GReddy TT, Sony CDX-CA810X

2005 Lemans Blue Chevrolet Z51 Corvette

My Cars

Thanks for the welcome

And I think I just sourced a set of Contours in Riverside that I will pick up this weekend !

So, does the grin ever stop auto appearing on your face when you get in the M?

Oh, I found a pic of my car - from the ad that the dealer had - so here it is....

My Cars
    2013 335i xdrive msport
    Welcome to the board, there are great guys all around and many are very knowledgable about BMW's.

Hope you enjoy it here on the board and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the other moderators
    ~Chris

My Cars
    95 M3 & 98 M3 Sedan
    Oh, I found a pic of my car - from the ad that the dealer had - so here it is....

Where is it? :
    2008 Honda Odyssey Touring
    1998 Arctic Silver ///M3 Sedan (Bone Stock )
    1995 Arctic Silver ///M3 3.2L OBD1-Vortech SC Stage 2 w/ Schrick Cams, Aftercooler, and FMHE. Aquamist 1S, 3.38 LSD, AA Gen III exhaust, BMW OEM X-brace, //M Motorsport Brace, Front Euro Floaters w/ Ultimate Axxis, Koni Sports w/ H&R sport springs, Eibach Sways, UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR, Euro clear all around and Ellipsoids, Alpine CDA-7864 w/ Blaupunkt Amp JL stealth boxes, Forged LTW Staggered Rims.

The Forced has been Introduced!
    Euro 6spd Gear box - Installed!

98M3 OBD2 parts, Intake manifolds, Reducers, etc etc.......Click here to email me

My Cars

Ok, let's try this pic again...

hmm, trying again - can I attach an image that is just sitting on my hard drive?

My Cars
    Aha, nice, nice. Especially the color.
    Rel
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

My Cars
    95 M3 & 98 M3 Sedan
    Nice car........instead of Contours.....very heavy try getting the LTW WHEELS.......

This could be your twin brother.........hahahahaha
    1995 Arctic Silver ///M3 3.2L OBD1-Vortech SC Stage 2 w/ Schrick Cams, Aftercooler, and FMHE. Aquamist 1S, 3.38 LSD, AA Gen III exhaust, BMW OEM X-brace, //M Motorsport Brace, Front Euro Floaters w/ Ultimate Axxis, Koni Sports w/ H&R sport springs, Eibach Sways, UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR, Euro clear all around and Ellipsoids, Alpine CDA-7864 w/ Blaupunkt Amp JL stealth boxes, Forged LTW Staggered Rims.

98M3 OBD2 parts, Intake manifolds, Reducers, etc etc.......Click here to email me

NICE!

Nice car!! Join the Titanium Silver club LOL!!!

I just need to get the OEM spoiler... car look MUCH better with it IMO...

2001 Titanium Silver M3 (SOLD)

She will be missed : ..... But it is for the better

My Cars
    95 M3 & 98 M3 Sedan
    How could i join........my car is an Arctic Silver..........

how about Join the Silver club!

Definitely the tail really makes up the car. it took me 8 months to install the damn thing......primer, sanding, paint! Can't handle the nag from the wife no more! she said.....if it's not installed by the end of the month......it's going into the TRASH!

guess what.....it was installed the next day!

My car is Silver with black leather........your's is dove gray right?

that's nice! i like it!

Originally posted by M3Jokster
    How could i join........my car is an Arctic Silver..........

how about Join the Silver club!

Definitely the tail really makes up the car. it took me 8 months to install the damn thing......primer, sanding, paint! Can't handle the nag from the wife no more! she said.....if it's not installed by the end of the month......it's going into the TRASH!

guess what.....it was installed the next day!

My car is Silver with black leather........your's is dove gray right?

that's nice! i like it!
    Thanks alot. The next trip I make is a trip to the local Dinan dealer, which is a drive for me but I am willing to go their... Not sure if I want to get the Dinan free flow exhaust of the AA DTM exhaust though.....

Gotta love the interior

My Cars

Hey, I recognize that interior !

Ok, so is my car Arctic or Titanium? The things you learn up here...

And yes, I love that interior - it's soo nice looking to have the contrast..

Does everyone up here run the clear corners?

My Cars

Are the LTW wheels the Lightweight M3 wheels?

Originally posted by M3Jokster
    Nice car........instead of Contours.....very heavy try getting the LTW WHEELS.......

This could be your twin brother.........hahahahaha
    Those are some nice wheels, but I've always been a huge Contours fan - and I just arranged to pick up a set this weekend !

Nice cars, everyone - I'm amazed at how much I'm falling in love with this car everyday.

My Cars
    Actually I only put my clear corners on last month. I've always been more into spending money on performance or functional mods rather than visual ones. But I really like the look of the clears. Really glad I did it.
    Rel

My Cars
    Oh and a 96 would be Arctic Silver.
    Rel

My Cars
    1970 Cadillac DeVille
    Edward,

Welcome aboard. Just stay away from the flywheel/pulley debate and you'll be just fine here. j/k

I'm curious. As a self admitted american car aficionado, what do you see as the attributes of your M over your other/past American 'sports' cars. It's been so long since I've even operated an American car, the 'cheap' hp associated with a Saleen has me wondering now and again. (once you go insane like me and start looking at all sorts of performance goodies for your M, you'll understand)
    In the slow lane

My Cars
    95 M3 & 98 M3 Sedan
    Those are some nice wheels, but I've always been a huge Contours fan - and I just arranged to pick up a set this weekend !

At first, i had the typical 10-spoke ( For-Sale now, i'll post it next week.....w/ 235/40/17 70% thread.......yokohomas)

then i had my heart on the Contours.......but found out that those were VERY HEAVY, compared them to the LTW.....so i just got them right away.......buy the way how much did u purchase your Contours for?

Igot my LTW for 600 bucks.......can't beat with 60% thread left on the tires....(Michelin Pilots) Staggered. One rim had a small amount of curb rash. that it.....other than that perfect condition.

are your Contours Staggered?

My Cars
    Why the M over the American Iron - I don't know that it is a "this one over that" - I think both, as sports car, have characteristically good traits and bad.

My Saleen is a tuned roadracer built for the street. With it's chassis, suspension and power, it makes for a fearsome car to carve corners with. I love the styling ( I wanted this exact car since I first saw it) and it's a bit of a fire breathing beast. But it is a beast - it's a sport's car that needs to be muscled a bit and beaten into doing as told. Once hooked up and on track, she's good to go. Think of the Saleen as that very fast but very headstrong horse - half the fun in the Saleen is getting it to do what YOU want it to do This is not a complaint at all - driving tail out with 300 ponies is fun, and on the right course, a very quick way around.

The M is super-refined - that well trained horse that anticipates your moves and knows where you want to go with the slighest touch to the reins. It's smooth, silky smooth, quick, acceraltes like a missle, brakes like the hand of God has just touched down on it and turns with glee into any corner. It's the refinement that I wanted for a daily driver and occasional canyon runner..

Not to offend anyone, but the Saleen is my mistress (gorgeous but tempermental, possibly mentally ill but I'm like a moth drawn to the fire) and the M is my wife (gorgeous, but very sexy and stable, soo much woman you would never leave for too long ) Sexist, comments aside (no, I"m really not married with a mistress ! ) it's a good enough anology....

Next question -

Yes, my Contours are staggered - and I'm picking them up for $1200 with rubber - some Dunlop 8080 z rated tired. The rims looking very very clean..
    96 Arctic Silver M3 - Kuhmo Estcas on Hartge Type D 18's, PAR Intake, Sharked, Elipsoids w/ Gen Iv HID Blue DDE's and smoke corners/SuperFog, TMS LTW flywheel & TME's, X-Brace, JT RSM's,ConeCam video gear & stealth mounted V1 w/ InV1siMirror,JT undertray, Motorsport rotors w/ Ferodo DS 3000 and 2500's, Bilstein Sports with Eibach's,SwayBarbarians & UUC SS Comp Evo SSK, SuperSprint exhaust and Schroth harness'es, JT brake ducts......Coming - front and rear JT braces...
    My name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You lapped my father. Prepare to die.

My Cars
    Wow! That was an excellent description of your different ride's personalities. We might have another writer in our midst.
    Rel

My Cars
    1970 Cadillac DeVille
    Interesting description Agile.

At the track a month ago, my pit mate had a saleen, while his brother had an M3. They were opposites, and neither would let the other drive his car, except that saleen brother got to do a parade lap at lunch one day. Anyway, when asked about the two cars, saleen brother said, 'mines a blunt instrument that needs to be muscled around the track, my bro's M3 I could drive with one hand. . .I really like the M3 but like the grunt of my saleen'

On the other hand, saleen brother decided to dump his car b/c of serious heat soak issues, I guess due to his supercharger setup (it was over 100 degrees that day).
    In the slow lane

Silver99M3 wrote:
    Nice car!! Join the Titanium Silver club LOL!!!
    Another one for the "Silver" club.

Rey
    1999 M3 Coupe
    Ellipsoids
    Euro Clears
    17x8.5 MVR Wheels
    Kumho 712 235/40 Tires
    ECIS CAI
    ES Tuning DTM Exhaust
    UUC "Old School" Clutch Stop
    ACS Shift Knob/E Brake/Pedals
    JL Audio CS110R-W0 Sub
    MTX Thunder 4202 AMP

Stuff Sitting in the House
    Reiger Splitter (Needs to be painted)
    OEM Wing (Need to find time to install)
    ACS Roof Spoiler (Needs to be painted)

Nice car!!

Originally posted by RT225

Another one for the "Silver" club.

Rey,

That is a nice car you have their. What kind of rims are those??

My Cars
    05 GT3,M3 LTW, E90 325, E46 325, E46 M3 Conv,
    Hey, can I join the club?

Anybody want to buy some wheels?

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Count me in the "club"
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe