Thread: 2001 BMW 330Ci won't start...no fuel odor

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330Ci

2001 BMW 330Ci won't start...no fuel odor

It was running fine yesterday, parked it in the garage, and this morning it would not start. Electrically things seem fine, starter motor turns over nicely, but nothing beyond that! I do not smell ant fuel / gas in trying to start it several times....

Any advice please. It has 100k miles on the clock.

If I were to guess, I think it is a fuel supply problem... Any pointers as to how I can trouble shoot or narrow down better... I am not a mechanic, but handy

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    2001 330i and 2005 330i
    You should be able to hear a buzzing as thefuel pump energizes the system just prior to ignition; rear passenger seat area. A better guess is the in-line filter under the car. Roughly under the driver's seat area.
    Under the hood, under the driver's side plastic cover panel is the fuel rail. It's equipped with a schraeder valve fitting (like a bicycle tire). Get a friend and some rags. Open the metal cap and press the valve with a rag while your fried turns over the key. Ought to be gettcng liquid fuel at that point. If not and you can hear the pump, go for the filter. (Don't work under the car using just that scissor jack. Get a real jack and stands.)
    Johnny Murray

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Pop the hood, you will see the two plastic covers that go on top of the engine, Remove the one on the drivers side (2 10mm bolts) then you will see a little schrader valve (like what the tires use) take the plastic cap off, and push down the little pin in the middle. (caution fuel MAY spray out at you) if no fuel sprays out then you have fuel delivery issue (ie. fuel pump, fuel relay) That is also really easy to check. Pop the back seat cusion out (real easy just clips that hold it tight) you will see a round circle where the bench belongs, with an electrical connector attached to it. With the key turning on, disconnect the connector and Check to see if you have 12 volts (app.) at the connector. If you have 12 volts, then you need a new fuel pump. Very easy DIY.

Very common problem on these models.
    -///Mike ///Michael ///Mikey

pwn noobs /thread

hooRAH is offline Certified Ziptie Mechanic
    My Cars
    01 330Ci 5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjmurray View Post
    (Don't work under the car using just that scissor jack. Get a real jack and stands.)
    I was going to say "or ramps", but if the car doesn't run, that wouldn't be a very good suggestion, now would it?
    01 330Ci 5spd / 07 Honda Pilot EX-L
    Will read/reset SRS codes in South Florida for beer money

My Cars
    2005 330 ci Convert

Crank but Doesn't Start

How did this turn out? What was the problem?
    hoffpaul@gmail.com

My Cars
    07 e90 328i
    Yeap, curios to know, my car did EXACTLY the same...
    2007 335i - Helga II - cesconetto.com