Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: E36 Rare Parts Post

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by tejawxyz View Post
    MParallel, Would you be moving on to a different car when your car nears "Completion?"
    Hell no. This car will be driven till it detoriates. If the engine goes, I will swap in an M54B30 (yes no Euro M3).

And with all these mods done, the car should be worth a fortune, but as we know, for the market it's just another 15 year old, high milage car, worth a few pennies.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    M3, M5, M6, 850i 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    My latest ebay pick-up. These are somewhat rare.

These will fit perfectly in my BMW Motorsport theme I have going on.

Here in the U.S.A.; I have only seen these door handles on the ultra rare 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight.
    Last edited by KINGM6; 02-10-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    1988 BMW M6 coupe -------Cinnabar Red
    1995 BMW M3 coupe -------Cosmos Black

My Cars
    1995 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by SethuM View Post
    acs type 1 one piece 16x8 rims.
    cant find another set anywhere!
    I have those

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    ^ Me too. Mine are reps.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGM6 View Post
    Here in the U.S.A.; I have only seen these door handles on the ultra rare 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight.
    they came on the 325is M-Technik's too

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by Joylove View Post
    Still would love to see the factory nav computer in place. Is it in the trunk?
    It's in the glovebox. And since it's not deep enough, the install instructions tell you were to cut the back of it to fit the computer. Basically you are left with no glovebox at all.

IG:

My Cars
    E36 touring
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbrn View Post
    They are if they are the 17 x 7.5 with +41 offset.
    Really?! I have a set on my touring that I'm about to refurb!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323IS
    I wouldn't mind having a cup holder that really worked, the glove box unit...where and how much usually. I also love the door handles. I am not as much a purist as MParallel but I am a gadget freak, I want every option available. and it all has to work.
    A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

for Zach, Everett, and Lilly

My Cars
    95' 328i 2dr / 00' 728iL
    Mparallel

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG RESPECT

i really Love your car and the way you think

and Please NEVER EVER sell your car !!!! no one is going to take care of her as much as you !

i wish i could make my car as good as yours

here in Egypt if you bring your car here it's going to be worth more than 25,000 $

but the problem is entering your car to Egypt ! you can't do that

i bought mine for 15,000 $ and it's only a 316i Coupe

those cars are really rare here ( coupe and cabriolets ) and they are expensive

my car doesn't have anything rare

Could you please post more pics of your doorcards and the other extended leather parts ?????

I love them and i wish i could get some extended leather parts one day

and how many miles or KMs have you got on her ?
    Last edited by fahdyehia628; 09-18-2011 at 12:16 PM.

My Cars
    Classified
    Surprised no one digs the hurricane interiors

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hurri...0&tx=122&ty=64

these LTW badges for the side molding are rare also. They are out of production and have been for some time. You can only get reps from DDM or other crap like that.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=e36+l...w=1366&bih=587

And what about the german vaders that have the green suede on the bolsters/headrest. Cant find em, there on the other computer. Anyone know the ones I mean?
    Last edited by 4fifth; 09-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.

My Cars
    1996 328CiA M-Sport
    Wondering if the adjustable driving light height is rare?

I have a variable switch next to the gauge dimmers that move my driving lights up and down. It is infinitely variable ( like the dimmer switch ) and has marks 0,1,2 . It was in case you have a heavy load in the rear and the front of your car rises up, as so not to blind other cars. Will try for pics if anyone is interested.

My Cars
    95' 328i 2dr / 00' 728iL
    Quote Originally Posted by mwood View Post
    Wondering if the adjustable driving light height is rare?

I have a variable switch next to the gauge dimmers that move my driving lights up and down. It is infinitely variable ( like the dimmer switch ) and has marks 0,1,2 . It was in case you have a heavy load in the rear and the front of your car rises up, as so not to blind other cars. Will try for pics if anyone is interested.
    i've got this

i think it's a Euro spec feature

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is
    I have blue interior, if that is rare. I'm told that it's uncommon.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by fahdyehia628 View Post
    Mparallel

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG RESPECT

i really Love your car and the way you think

Could you please post more pics of your doorcards and the other extended leather parts ?????

I love them and i wish i could get some extended leather parts one day

and how many miles or KMs have you got on her ?
    Thank you man. Appreciate it. I put up lots more pics of my car in a dedicated "interior metamorphosis topic" I did last year. If you do a searh on that word and my name you should find it easily. It has many extended leather pics in it.

I just returned from 2 weeks German Eifel / Nόrburgring driving, and on the last lap, I went over 225.000km. And still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by 4fifth View Post
    these LTW badges for the side molding are rare also. They are out of production and have been for some time. You can only get reps from DDM or other crap like that.
    Oh no, not that myth again. Dude, go to you nearest dealer and give them the p/n. That part is all, but out of production. If the dealer can't get them, then they are stupid or unwilling.

IG:

My Cars
    Classified
    Hell no. This car will be driven till it detoriates. If the engine goes, I will swap in an M54B30 (yes no Euro M3).

And with all these mods done, the car should be worth a fortune, but as we know, for the market it's just another 15 year old, high milage car, worth a few pennies.
    I beg to differ. You just have to find the right buyer. A non-mexicanized car is rare. A clean E36 M3 with under 50K is rare. It all depends what you consider rare.

Why an M54b30 if I may ask? If your going to cross platforms why not put an s54 in? Seems like itd be just as much work.

My Cars
    E36 touring
    Quote Originally Posted by DrinkCoffee View Post
    I have blue interior, if that is rare. I'm told that it's uncommon.
    I'm breaking an E36 coupe with a blue interior at the moment. It's the only one I've seen in the UK, but to be honest I've not really been looking

My Cars
    93,5er,m50tu,3pedals
    Quote Originally Posted by philip77o
    Not a e36 part but it's on my e36... style 16 wheels... Never saw these anywhere else...
    I think those came on the Olympic edition e34

My Cars
    1997 318is 5MT
    Oh no, not that myth again. Dude, go to you nearest dealer and give them the p/n. That part is all, but out of production. If the dealer can't get them, then they are stupid or unwilling.
    Maybe it is different over in Europe, at least when I was looking here in Canada a few months ago only the Dealer was able to offer me them. And even then they had to be brought in from the other side of the Country, where I got the last 2 of 3. I looked and inquired everywhere on the internet even Tischer could not source them.
    1997 318is 5MT / Arctic Silver - Bilstein Sports / H&R Sports, TSW Nurburgring 17x8, Michelin Pilot Sport AS+ 225/45, 3.45 LSD, RE RSM's, Remus exhaust,
    Depo Euro headlights 35w 5000K, M3 spoiler, M3 rear bumper, Clear corners, sides and tails, Euro 3-Spoke steering wheel, Motorsport International side moldings, M-Technic lighted shift knob,
    UAS Keyless, C33 Aux In

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by mwood View Post
    Wondering if the adjustable driving light height is rare? ...
    Not at all. Stock on most E36 models over here in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselbro View Post
    Maybe it is different over in Europe, at least when I was looking here in Canada a few months ago only the Dealer was able to offer me them. And even then they had to be brought in from the other side of the Country, where I got the last 2 of 3. I looked and inquired everywhere on the internet even Tischer could not source them.
    I guess so. It's always hard to know which country has what parts. Although eventually, they all come from one of the large storage houses over here in Europe.

I have to say I did get mine a few years ago. Maybe stock is lower now. But the part is not listed as N/A so should be no problem to get them (over here).

IG:

My Cars
    Ti

Fantastic philosophy. Everyone asks me why I've sunk almost twice what I paid for it into my car and that's what I tell them. I fully expect to drive it until it's just dust. Also your handles have inspired me, that's my next head hunt as far as rare parts go.

EDIT: So that this post isn't just ballsucking I have ACS Cup mirrors (which are apparently getting harder to find), BBS RZ412 wheels (extremely hard to find in the U.S.), and a Stanceworks Zero Clearance Coilover kit (1 of 20)

(can't find pictures of mirrors, but they're the most common anyway)

Last edited by My98HellrotTi; 09-20-2011 at 09:14 AM.

My Cars
    05 325i_99 323IS_94 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by tejawxyz View Post
    ^^ Neat color. Only 3? You should mod to control the rear fogs
    IT would seem we have the same car! Although my spoiler needs painted out of curiosty what steering wheel did your car come with?

For Sale: (E36) Trans ECU, OEM amber corners, Stock Mirrors, stock amp,E46 Amp, Need to Use an SRS Reset / E36Code puller? E46 Programming Module PM me
    Wanted: E46 Post facelift Carbon Fiber Hood. Have and E36/46 problem..MSG ME. I would be glad to help you out!

Want error free LED License plate lights for less? Go here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4#post21079814

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by My98HellrotTi View Post
    Fantastic philosophy. Everyone asks me why I've sunk almost twice what I paid for it into my car and that's what I tell them. I fully expect to drive it until it's just dust.

Also your handles have inspired me, that's my next head hunt as far as rare parts go.
    Lol thanks. The E36 is just a great car with a great chassis. And it well maintained, not need for something newer and duller.

If you're interested, my handles are for sale. I decided not too fit them, as I had a change of heart and prefer the stock smooth handles. Although it is something extra to make the car even more special.

IG:

My Cars
    13 740L, 95 M3, 98 750IL
    17x7.5 style 19

Quote Originally Posted by The_Stig
    Post your rare OEM parts here!

Got the idea from the Whoretex in the Mk2 section, good God VW made lots of parts specific to a year or part of a year of specific trim levels. It's just nuts. I did a search for this and didn't come up with anything.

--------------

I've got a factory Arched M3 spoiler (as opposed to the more common non-arched one) which I've been told is rare.

I have a full set of Style 5's mounted, plus the spare. But those aren't exactly "rare".
    How much for the style 5's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast