Thread: S52 Top End Rebuild (Machine Shop Needed)

My Cars
    E36/8,E36/7,E36,E30,E23

S52 Top End Rebuild (Machine Shop Needed)

The head gasket is blown on my 99 M3. I installed a new head gasket about 2 years ago when I rebuilt the head after a money shift (bent all 12 exhaust valves). At that time I had a fresh valve job done and replaced all the valves and valve seals, so I'm just going to have the head decked this time.

Anyone have any shop recommendations? I searched, but couldn't find any recent threads.

I'll be installing a multi-layer metal head gasket and ARP head studs this time. I figure if I'm going to do it, might as well go all out this time. Plus I've been considering supercharging this car, so a metal head gasket and the ARP studs will be welcomed when I start adding boost.

If anyone is interested in lending a hand, let me know. I've done a bunch of these, so I know what I'm doing, but it is always nice to have some other people around when wrenching. I'd even let you drink my beer!

Thanks,
    -bj

2002 M Coupe | 2000 M Roadster w/ LS | 1998 328i w/ S54 | 1987 325is w/ M52 | 1985 735i Turbo

My Cars
    E30 E46 636
    I'd recommend Automotive Machine in Arlington (since I've used them with no problems), but Automotive Machine & Supply in Fort Worth seems to know what they're doing very well on BMW's and other imports.

www.automotivemachine.com/

I will probably use them next time I need a shop, only because they are nice guys and have sold me so much cheap, good, BMW parts sometimes at 1/10th of the price of the competition. They may have the parts you need there, too.