Thread: Foam Carbon Fiber Wing...DIY

My Cars
    Spec E46
    you da man!
    #609 SE30

My Cars
    2013 BMW M3

Carbon fiber wing builder required

Require several wings built for a novel UAV/MAV aircraft. If interested, please contact me at info@usysinc.com

My Cars
    Toyota GT86
    Hi Michael9218

This is an amazing thread. Extremely insightful. It has actually encouraged me to build my own wing using your instructions.

I have the wing stands done. Now I just need the wing (the hardest part). I have chosen an aerofoil and will get the polystyrene cut soon.

I will use my disgression of course, however the pictures would really help me as I have never used epoxy or hardener or body fill or cf before.

Currently I cannot view any pictures because there is a photobucket 3rd party hosting image there. Is there any chance you could provide the photos? I know this post is suuuuuper old. But it's the only proper detailed one I've found yet.
    Thanks in advance!!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    install a browser add on that will show the images. i use chrome and installed "photobucket hotlink fix" and i can see all of the pics.

My Cars
    '95 M3 IP #595, '07 Z4MC
    Should be updated now. For some reason I can't get the Smugmug photos to show in BFC so I used links. The wing worked well for 6 years. I'm still playing around with cf composite on a new build, but will likely source a wing from a vendor. In 2009 there weren't many options. Today there are many and I don't know if I would bother today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123