Thread: Black E36 convertible HARDTOP

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet

Black E36 convertible HARDTOP

SOLD, with a full price offer!

I have a black hard top for an E36 convertible (cabriolet) that will fit from 1994 to 1999 325i, 328i, or M3 convertibles. Fall is coming and this will be the best thing you've ever done for your convertible, literally saving your soft top and making it 10x more comfortable for the rainy season.

These are rare and the most amazing thing you can have for your car.

They literally transform it into a coupe with a nice quiet ride, rear window defroster, and rear courtesy lights. The hardtop will go on/off in 30 seconds and only weighs about 70 pounds as it's made of aluminum. Some of the E36 cabrios came with the hardtop mounting kit, others didn't. If you do need to get this, it'll be part # 54218163061. The mounting kit runs $100 to $120 online, and I can tell you where to get it if you need it, and can also show you what to look for to determine if you have the hardtop mounting points on your car already. (however, if you have a couple ratcheting tie downs, you can temporarily secure the hardtop from the grab handles to the seatbelt anchors in the rear for your drive home. Again, I can walk you through this.)

Price is firm, because these are very hard to find and I know what they're worth. I sold another one for $2,000 last year, so I know that this one will go for $1,500. They are no longer available from the dealer, but cost over $4,000 if I remember correctly.

An OEM Hardtop stand and OEM hardtop cover are available seperately for additional cost. (see below)

Hardtop is in excellent condition with one barely noticeable scratch. The hard top is black (Schwarz II).

Here are some pictures of what it will look like on the car:

I will sell the hardtop stand seperately for $150 and the Hardtop cover for $25. (this is half of what they'd cost at the dealer).

I live and work in Vancouver, WA. This will be sold to the first person to meet up with me and get me the cash.
    Last edited by trayson; 09-19-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    a few too many
    got a set of rear body latches that lock down the rear by chance?

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by owwwch View Post
    got a set of rear body latches that lock down the rear by chance?
    If you're talking about the hardtop mounting kit, then no. However, the best place to get them is www.bellbmw.com as they have them for about $85 shipped IIRC.
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    a few too many
    ^^thx

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i Convertibl
    In your ad to sell the Ee36 hard top last year, you mentioned you know how to tell if the car came with the necessary hardware to attach a hard top. Is that something you can post?

My Cars
    e34 and e36 4 doors :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cbnsingram View Post
    In your ad to sell the Ee36 hard top last year, you mentioned you know how to tell if the car came with the necessary hardware to attach a hard top. Is that something you can post?

i can tell you you let your top down leave the tonnu(<-spelled wrong) open
    look an see if you have the little things in there close to the sides
    an it will have a wire hooked to a thing that goes down....
    i cant really explain it two well sorry

hope this was helpful
    thx....

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by cbnsingram View Post
    Sure. Read this thread, it'll have pictures that show what the hard top mounting kit looks like (both installed and out of the car) and will give you part #'s in case you need to buy one.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d+top+mounting

-Trayson

www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    1994 325ic E36 Convert.
    Hey there:

Just curious as to where you find these hardtops.
    I am really looking to get one.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

I have a black hard top for an E36 convertible (cabriolet) that will fit from 1994 to 1999 325i, 328i, or M3 convertibles. Fall is coming and this will be the best thing you've ever done for your convertible, literally saving your soft top and making it 10x more comfortable for the rainy season.

They literally transform it into a coupe with a nice quiet ride, rear window defroster, and rear courtesy lights. The hardtop will go on/off in 30 seconds and only weighs about 70 pounds as it's made of aluminum. Some of the E36 cabrios came with the hardtop mounting kit, others didn't. If you do need to get this, it'll be part # 54218163061. The mounting kit runs $100 to $120 online, and I can tell you where to get it if you need it, and can also show you what to look for to determine if you have the hardtop mounting points on your car already. (however, if you have a couple ratcheting tie downs, you can temporarily secure the hardtop from the grab handles to the seatbelt anchors in the rear for your drive home. Again, I can walk you through this.)

Price is firm, because these are very hard to find and I know what they're worth. I sold another one for $2,000 last year, so I know that this one will go for $1,500. They are no longer available from the dealer, but cost over $4,000 if I remember correctly.

An OEM Hardtop stand and OEM hardtop cover are available seperately for additional cost. (see below)

Hardtop is in excellent condition with one barely noticeable scratch. The hard top is black (Schwarz II).

I will sell the hardtop stand seperately for $150 and the Hardtop cover for $25. (this is half of what they'd cost at the dealer).

I live and work in Vancouver, WA. This will be sold to the first person to meet up with me and get me the cash.

My Cars
    1994 325ic E36 Convert.

E36 Hard Tops...PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aharmonlaw View Post

Hey there:

Please advise.

Thank you.

Tony.

Hey there:

Please advise.

Thank you.

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post