Thread: 745li stalls after warmed up!! I need help!!

My Cars
    2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Unhappy 745li stalls after warmed up!! I need help!!

I'm working on my friends 2004 745li because it stalled out on him while driving. It starts up just fine but after idling for about twenty minutes, the idle slowly starts to get lower and lower until it finally just stalls out. I connected a fuel pressure gauge and it started at around 50psi, as the pressure slowly lowered the idle got progressively worse. I replaced the fuel pump hoping that was the problem but it still happens everytime. The check engine light is not on and there are no service lights on. Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i Auto
    What's the fuel pressure regulator doing?

My Cars
    2003 Honda CBR 600rr
    Car is good now!, replaced fuel filter because of low flow. was only putting out 1/4 pint in 30 seconds at fuel rail and needs to be almost 2 pints. flow before filter was good. Regulator is part of the filter.
    Thanks anyways drsnooz.

My Cars
    '05 745 li
    that same problem is happening to my car. i took it to my uncles shop to get the codes read and nothing. he thinks its the air flow sensor or something like that. but this helps alot. i hope i get it fixed today. its embarassing coming to a stoplight and a 745 sits at the light not wanting to start. thanks again. how hard was it to change the fuel filter.

how did u figure out that it was putting out a fourth instead of 2. let me know cause the last idea i have left is the fuel filter. cant get the part till tues. this blows.
    Last edited by Latinoheat11; 09-05-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 745LI/K1200GT
    Easy fix is bring it to a BMW mechanic, who knows what they are doing. The main problem I see all the time are people buying this kind of car thinking it is an easy fix and cheap. And they don't have the money to fix it.

My Cars
    E65 E63 E64
    Hey there did you have any issues after ? Which exact part did you replace ?
    I’m having the same issues but it seems to throw gas every time I press the power on but idk if that’s the correct amount