Thread: Increased emissions

My Cars
    545i

Angry Increased emissions

I have a 2005 545i with almost 80k when I got this warning engine malfunction warning with a decreased power, I pulled over my car and shut the engine off. Then I restarted and the RPM's started to jump all over the place I waited then they settled down and as I put the car i gear it wouldn't move. I have just had it towed to a dealership in El Paso, Texas. I got there after the service department was closed has anyone ever had this happened? Is it covered?

iluv2flie
    Last edited by iluv2flie; 09-04-2009 at 09:41 AM.

My Cars
    2004 545i SMG w/Sport Package 1997 Lexus LS 400
    Hard to say what it is. The increased emissions can be set off by a lot of different things.

If I had to guess based on what you said I think you got a fuel pump issue. Out of warranty expect to pay about $800 to $1200 depending on what the dealer hits you for labor charge and mark up of parts.

Keep us all updated.

My Cars
    545i

Angry Increased Emission

The Mass Air Flow Sensor is out...hmmm I guess with this out you car will not move the part cost $400 labor $420 and my thermostat is stuck in the open position again total cost $1132.86. But what is crazy before I left Tallahasse I had my car serviced and they told me that I needed a new engine wiring harness, I breaks down here and they said it's ok....wonder if the dealership in Tallahasse set me up????????

My Cars
    2004 545i SMG w/Sport Package 1997 Lexus LS 400
    Well at least it was something easily fixable. Just amazing how little 1K goes at a BMW dealership.