My Cars
    X5

Some noise coming from the suspension? Creaking noise from the 'axle pin'?

About a week ago, my car starting making some noise whenever I stopped or accelerated from standing. It also made some terrible noise whenever I turned the steering wheel (especially to the right). It sort of sounds like a creaking boat. Lastly, whenever my car was in drive and I was stopped (brakes), the right side of the car would vibrate causing some very unpleasant noise.

I brought the car in, they replaced the wishbone and some hexnut and although the problem isn't as bad anymore, it's definitely still there. I asked some friends and they stated that it has something to do with my 'axle pin'. Could someone explain this a little more or help me diagnose the problem?

The dealership here in Pittsburgh is terrible. Shuttle service doesn't run all day (had to ride my bike and rollerblade to the dealership once because they called me to pick up my car after the shuttle service stopped for the day). Everytime I get my car back, the radio has been changed and the seat position has been moved. And what happened to the free wash? And now, they can't even diagnose my problem and get things fixed...

Thanks for any help any of you can provide. I'd like to diagnose the problem elsewhere and bring it back to get it fixed for real this time.

My Cars
    Too Many
    Ball Joints, my brother had them both replaced about 2 months ago

My Cars
    bmw

Arrow

Greetings,

I have just begun haveing this problem also, when turning the steering wheel to the right an odd creaking noise is heard...can anyone help diagnose this?

Very Best Regards...
    2000 BMW X5 4.4i

My Cars
    bmw
    replaced wishbones/bushings and now makes a humming noise at 20+ mph only while making right turns.

Any one else with this problem?