Thread: *My (ahem) FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE with Bekkers / Driiv Autosport

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr

*My (ahem) FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE with Bekkers / Driiv Autosport

We all have heard the stories of people getting ripped off, and people having GREAT experiences with companies. Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with a company you think will be hassle free, if (God forbid) a problem arises, they are going to take care of you and live up to their word. I'd say neither of the two happened.

This past week week I was on vacation (and missing my beast) and decided to order some tailights. I saw on ebay bekkers / Driiv Autosports was selling the hella smoked tails for our car. One was just the lenses, and one was the lenses + the ballasts. one for $300 and one for $240 both with free shippnig...

I called and spoke with a few employees about purchasing the lights. i told them I have an 02 m5, and will be ordering the kit with the ballasts, then selling my stock celis tails to a friend with a 99 5-series and HE will be needing the ballasts. The guy understands, takes my info down and ships the lights out.

I come home from vacation excited like a little child to put my lights in. they go in at 8am after an 18 hour drive followed by a much needed photoshoot. The lights are 4 bolts and 1 plug, takes seconds. The fit was great, BUT the celis lights didn't light up? The right not at all and the left only 2? wtf?!

I call the company and they *inform* me that I ordered the kit for the 96-00 and those tails are different than the 01-03s. I *remind* them I told them i was using these in my 02 and selling the ballasts (with stock tails). They pass me around to a few people (oh hold for *** and then someone picks up the phone "hello driiv autosports" as if I just got dumped back into the mix) until someone who knows more about the product talks to me.

"Those lights won't work on your car you need the 01-03s". *GREAT* but why didn't you A. tell me that when purchasing as I told you my plan and B. not just include the 01-03 smoked since you knew I wasn't going to be using the ballats?!

The employee then tells me he'll call me back after he talks with a few people...this was at 10am. By 4, I haven't received a call back. I call back. The gentlemen said if I cover the cost of shipping them back to them, they will ship me the new ones right away. I SPECIALLY SAID..."IF I GET THESE OUT TODAY, THEY WILL GET TO YOU WEDNESDAY, CAN YOU SHIP MINE OUT ON WEDNESDAY WHEN THEY ARRIVE SO I CAN HAVE THEM BY FRIDAY?!" (2 day shipment time). Their reply:: "oh yes, i'll have them packed up and as soon as they hit the door they'll go out. We will figure out the money difference when they go out". A little skeptic I thought, but hell, it's a reputable company so sure.

I pay the fee, ship them back out THAT DAY. Follow the tracking number, and they show up Wednesday as expected. I call them again, "did they arrive? everything set to go out today?" their reply:: "oh yes, they'll be going out today just gotta package em up" ....I thought they were already packed up from monday? but guess not...oh well.

You guessed it, they didn't go out Wednesday.

I call back today (to find all this information out) and talk about the re-imbursement of the cost difference. They told me, on their website, that on their website (not ebay, where i originially mentioned i saw their lights) the smoked 01-03's are going for $300 so there will be no re-imbursement?! WTF! I am pissed! I say...wait a minute, you have them on ebay for $240?! they say brand new, 01-03 "highest quality" He then re-assures me those have scratches and are scuffed from shipping. "we shipped out the *new* set, which is $300 not $240" I respond with, "if they are scratched and are scuffed why isn't it in the auction?!" He continues to give me the run around about "MARKETING" (ok so now marketing is lying?!) and how they are just "moving some old inventory". Basically I am receiving "new" ones and not scuffed ones from shipping.

HELL. I can't buy a break. They are keeping (excuse me, stealing) my $70 (difference) and the lights won't be hear till saturday (ill be gone, hence the big deal about friday) and won't have them this weekend for the scheduled photoshoot.

figured i would let you guys all know my circumstances and let you decide if you will give them your business. Until then, I'll be peeing more money down the drain dealing with companies I don't trust, and can't keep their promises. I hope they find this thread, and realize customer service is imperative in this industry and first priority...Not "moving some old inventory".

F
    M
    L

My Cars
    M52 5MT Sport 01/98
    Thats the tough part about buying online sight-unseen. I feel your pain man, happens to the best of us. Keep on them, they'll hopefully come through for you.
    Rules to live by:
    - Fast, reliable, cheap. You can only have two.
    - Do it right, or do it twice.
    - BMW: Just because you can afford to buy one, that doesn't mean you can afford to own one.

1998 528i 5-speed sport - sandbeige with technical graphite trim - Jim Conforti Shark Injector - CDV delete - MY2000 M5 Xenon headlights - MY2000 M5 tails - PP M5 front bumper - E46 M3 paper filter - E60 545i shifter w/ E46 ZHP knob - 12" Alpine Type-R & 500w RF - CD53 w/ AUX input

My Cars
    '84 e30 318i
    thats extremely shitty of them. they prolly get little business because they rarely beat anyones pricing. karma is a b****....
    Quote Originally Posted by volodka1985 View Post
    I have a manual I6 e39 and it's a great car but sometimes when i need to accelerate fast and it doesn't( cause it can't) i just wanna slow down, pull over, open the hood and shoot the poor bastard in it's inline 6 heart....

My Cars
    2003 530iA
    This is no good.
    I would post on the other forum and all forums they conduct business. Make people aware.
    Looking for a DIY? Parts? Check this out, it might be your ticket

Stable: e92is, e53 N62, e46M54B25, Tribby & e39 M54B30 R.I.P.

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    Thanks for letting us know

However, I think you made a mistake when you tried to explain the guy that you were going to give the ballasts to a friend. You confused the poor bastard and it wasn't necessary IMO. Also, I've never heard of celis tails being specific for certain models only, is that true?
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr
    i doubt it's true. but they didn't work. i am sending them back.

their return policy was "you pay to get them back, then we'll figure out the money situation when the new ones get shipped out"

. and what's confusing? "i have an 02, i don't need the ballasts kit BUT I am purchasing it to just sell off"

My Cars
    530i, 325es
    sucks man... especially cause bekkers is usually good... i would email tony at bekkers he taken good car of my previous orders...

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr
    tony was the one that told me the ones on ebay are scuffed and the ones he sent me are brand new...go figure...

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Sorry to hear man.
    There is indeed a difference between the retrofit lights and the 01+oem celis lights.
    Not sure about the specifics of the difference, but the retro lights need the ballasts.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. When i bought mine from them, I went straight to the website per Tony's suggestion. I didn't go thru ebay.
    I hope this all gets resolved for you.

*edit*
    And I hope they don't hold you financially responsible for this mis-communication.
    Last edited by FP5241; 08-28-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr
    UPDATE 1: I talked to tony on friday and he said the package went out Thursday and will be arriving Saturday. So while i was at my conceal and carry class from 8am-8pm, my neighbor ever so kindly let the dogs out and drank my beer and hung out at the house waiting for fed ex. I also wrote a note that said please leave package in case nobody is home.

He never left the house.

Fedex never came.

and I still have no tracking number from bekkers who promised me that yesterday. They assured me the package went out thursday and would deliver on Saturday.

UPDATE 2:

I call in Monday morning asking for the tracking number b/c it was never emailed to me (as promised). Turns out the tails didn't go out till friday and won't be here now till Tuesday...this AFTER Tony said "they went out Thursday they will be there Saturday". Now I am finding out I have been lied to on more than more occasion. What is the big deal about saying "i f***ed up, i'm sorry, let me fix this by _____ (offer solution)."

I've had it with bekkers.

I'm sorry but I haven't worked with a company I have been more disappointed with in a LOOONNNNGGGG TIME...
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 08-31-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Profanity

My Cars
    E39
    Thanks for the HU.

My Cars
    2004 -Z4-2.5i,96-Z3-1.9L
    thanks for that info, i will add them to my DO NOT BUY list!

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Wow Dan....
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti"

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr
    UPDATE: Finally picked up the tails from fed ex "home" and inspected them. This after tony tells me these are BRAND NEW, NO SCUFFS OR SCRATCHES because I paid the extra $70 for the FLAWLESS ones not the $240 ones that HAD SCUFFS.

I think this speaks for itself.

This one is so deep your fingernail catches it...

been calling them non-stop today and line is always busy, getting im not the only one having problems. what to do oh what to do...

My Cars
    996tt/330/Element/M3
    I had a similar experience.

Never again am I going to give any of my money to those clowns.

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr
    still awaiting email back from them...

My Cars
    e 30

ur a dumb@$$

why do u feel like u need to cry like a lil girl cause u didnt get ur way , ur lil plan of ordering the wrong stuff and trying to make them work, and sell the retro kit to ur buddy for the price that u paid for the kit, back fired do u realy think crying on the forum makes a , and what the deal man bad mouth company , there are some realy great guys there who work hard to take care of consumers , ur just pissy cause the dumb@$$ that didnt get his way, that what u get for being cheap

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by wmt View Post
    why do u feel like u need to cry like a lil girl cause u didnt get ur way , ur lil plan of ordering the wrong stuff and trying to make them work, and sell the retro kit to ur buddy for the price that u paid for the kit, back fired do u realy think crying on the forum makes a , and what the deal man bad mouth company , there are some realy great guys there who work hard to take care of consumers , ur just pissy cause the dumb@$$ that didnt get his way, that what u get for being cheap

wow...a whopping 8 posts...all promoting Bekkers...hmm
    You probably work there...good job promoting your company here...i wont be doing any business with Bekkers.
    Franklin Joseph

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Quote Originally Posted by UDM Motorsport View Post
    wow...a whopping 8 posts...all promoting Bekkers...hmm
    You probably work there...good job promoting your company here...i wont be doing any business with Bekkers.
    Pretty much sums it up.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti"

My Cars
    e 30

my sincere apology

I would like to take the time to apologize for my actions on the forum, it was very unprofessional of me to let my emotions on the situation get the best of me. I hopefully wish this does not create a negative impact on bekkers.com, for i sole acted alone off of my own emotions, I would like to send my sincerest apology to the customer and to the forum , thanks for your time , sincerly wmt

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i/6
    I picked up this old thread after searching Bekkers and Driiv Auto to see if these guys have previous complaints. This company appeared legitimate and dealing with Tony initially was a good experience as he appeared knowledgeable. I ordered facelift hella headlights and a Hella celis taillight kit for my '98 540i/6 back in late December 2014. My credit card was charged the full amount the beginning of January 2015, and delivery was supposed to take about 3-4 weeks. I didn't mind too much having the full amount charged as this was a special order. Fast forward to mid March and still no parts; excuses of back orders all along the way. I cancelled my order with Tony and requested a refund; which he graciously and apologetically offered. The problem is I NEVER RECEIVED IT!! He emailed me a revised invoice and credit acknowledgement showing the refund and claimed it was processed; however, as of today, 3 weeks later, the money has not been refunded. I have my bank investigating and working to get my money back. Tony has stopped responding to my emails and they don't answer their phones. I share the experience and the level of detail so this doesn't happen to our members or anyone else who puts their trust and hard earned money in this company. I will update the progress of my refund, but in the mean time suggest you STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM BEKKERS AND DRIIV AUTO!!

My Cars
    AMG, BMW

Some things don't change

I ordered some floor mats for my wife's AMG and specifically called and spoke with Tony. I wanted to verify the mats would be he "AMG" mats, not the normal Mercedes mats (I can get them anywhere). He of course told me they were the original style from the manufacturer. I plopped down the money, got the mats and they were Mercedes mats.. I sent Tony an email; we went around and around sending him pictures of the labels, mats,etc.I finally got him to give me an RMA and have not heard from him since.I have called and sent emails to no avail. I think my Dad used to call people like that "a crook".

My Cars
    audi
    I have been fraudulent by this dealer. Ask money for refund.