Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    2001 525i
    I downloaded the V44 base and program from the 5_Fourm and extracted the files. The extracted file name is EasyDIS-base-44-v1.0.nrg, and burned it to a DVD. I followed the instruction to install the V44 base, changed the settings in VMware, mount the file in Deamon lite tool and changed the booting and sequence for DVD in the BIOS. However, the installation was stuck because the system did not find bootable file in my DVD and seems trying to boot from the network. Not sure if I burned the file correctly? Could anyone help me?

P.S I am installing DIS V44 in my XP laptop.
    Last edited by VitaminXX; 07-04-2010 at 10:26 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    where exactly is this .nrg now? just on the dvd?

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2001 525i
    The *.nrg is in the following folder, \DIS V44\Easy DIS Base, on the DVD. The file is not on the root. Does it matter?
    I can burn the *.nrg on the root of a new DVD again. But should I just burn the file to a DVD as normal?

Quote Originally Posted by enda320 View Post
    where exactly is this .nrg now? just on the dvd?

My Cars
    05/1995 E36 318i M43
    David,
    I'm using the files available on 4shared and I'm following Randomy's instructions exactly with the same software versions. You know, it's not a big problem for me bacause the important part (DIS itself) is English, just the base is German although I set US English as a language and USA as a coutry.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Cube, the EasyDIS base on the 4shared site definitely runs ok in English.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminXX View Post
    The *.nrg is in the following folder, \DIS V44\Easy DIS Base, on the DVD. The file is not on the root. Does it matter?
    I can burn the *.nrg on the root of a new DVD again. But should I just burn the file to a DVD as normal?
    keep the .nrg on your PC, not on a dvd.
    i had mine on the desktop.
    then use daemon tools to mount the .nrg , and it will pretend to be a dvd drive.
    See if that helps.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2001 525i
    Thanks. i did it again as you suggested. However, I was stuck at booting as previous.

Below is the screen shot of my setting.
    The VMware virturl machine.

Daemon tool lite

GT1-BIOS

The booting screen. This is where I was stuck. I unpluged the internet cable. But I was stuck here again. Is the *.nrg not trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by enda320 View Post
    keep the .nrg on your PC, not on a dvd.
    i had mine on the desktop.
    then use daemon tools to mount the .nrg , and it will pretend to be a dvd drive.
    See if that helps.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I just burned the file to a CD using Nero and mounted it with Daemontools v3.47, but you can mount it from the desktop as enda320 described. From your screenshot you are not mounting the disk properly. Highlight the physical file location and mount the image from there by double clicking on the image file.

My Cars
    2001 525i
    David,

Great. I installed it successfully. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to install TIS for DIS V44?
    Last edited by VitaminXX; 07-11-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    I'm actually doing that right now.
    grab it on an iso, eng lang version, there is one from 2007 going about.
    mount the ISO in your vmware virtual drive, fire up the GT1 and you'll see it listed at the admin screen as TIS V3.00 08/2007 (yours might be different)

all you need to do then is click the installation button in the TIS list, and it gets to work.

Looks to be pretty slow going, it's 1.5gb in a windows system (it'll run in XP separate if needed) or you can shove it in the vmware, as it's already allocated itself 16gbs or so, so might as well use that space for something.

I was thinking about updating the DIS too since i have Progman on the go, but i wouldn't want to lose the setup done with the EasyDIS and Ken F's work

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Why not just create another Vm with the later DIS version? You can install DIS v57 on the EasyDIS base exactly the same way as you install v44 - just using the later program file. Versions of DIS later than v44 can only run diagnostics and require Progman to be used for coding and programming. I currently have 3 vm tabs - DIS v44, DIS v57 and PROGMAN v32.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Similar set up to me. I've got Progman on, and v44, and i have v57 on desktop PC so all working, but i don't have the HD space for another 16+gb of virtual fun.
    I might back up my v44 for now, swap the v57 on, and see how that goes, but i think it's a non easyDIS version.
    I'll have to take a closer look at it and see if my v57 has been "cooked". The touchscreen calibration works, so i think i'd be on my own sorting it.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    1tb hard drives are cheap at the moment. I am also considering loading the lot onto a WD 320gb passport external HD for the ultimate in portability.

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    Does anybody know how to connect an actual ebay yellow diagnostic head to this DIS v44?

I've successfully loaded this onto my laptop and it works fine, but I can't seem to get my ebay yellow diagnostic head to connect to it? It doesn't see it anywhere - I've configured it via a video shown on Digital Kaos website and still no luck.

I don't want to use an emulator head given that I already have a yellow diagnostic head in possession.

Any help or suggestions please.

Thank you.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you want an educated guess, I would say you need to configure protocols so that vm is set to run and choose SOFTING as your translator. Then you will need to set up the yellowhead by accessing the Administration tab, config menu, diagnostic head then Admin menu, connection setup. (ie do everything you would normally have to do to run a diaghead emulator, but since you have a diaghead, there should be no need for an emulator). Finally, restart ediabas from inside DIS so that your changes are adopted. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by David Mc; 07-27-2010 at 10:48 PM.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    ok i have a (prolly dumb) question.

So I did the steps, had some problems but more searching and i got them all fixed. Everything from the OP is installed and working, even have INPA installed for good measure.

So...
    What's the next step? I don't have my cables yet (ordered but not received), but from my searching i've read about some kind of server and ip addresses setting and editing an .ini file and all that, but I haven't found any other step by step guides like this one that says what to do AFTER installing all this stuff, but BEFORE you can connect to your car.

Or is the next step, literally, connect to your car and code away?

If it makes a difference, I'll be using this on both a 1998 528i and 2002 525i.

EDIT: OK, uh, nevermind, i think i found it. Now just gotta wait for my cables to find out!
    Last edited by knux11; 07-28-2010 at 02:24 AM.

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you want an educated guess, I would say you need to configure protocols so that vm is set to run and choose SOFTING as your translator. Then you will need to set up the yellowhead by accessing the Administration tab, config menu, diagnostic head then Admin menu, connection setup. (ie do everything you would normally have to do to run a diaghead emulator, but since you have a diaghead, there should be no need for an emulator). Finally, restart ediabas from inside DIS so that your changes are adopted. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks for the suggestions - I've set up the vm to run, so that side is taken care of and I know how to connect the head within the admin menu, the thing is it doesn't show up at all as a free diag head. Might have something to do with the ediabas setting.

Will give the suggestions a try and report back. Thanks.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    ediabas.ini - "Interface = STD:FUNK" for a yellow head to the best of my recollection
    Last edited by David Mc; 07-28-2010 at 08:01 AM.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    okay guys, my first problem, i didnt get far lol... i set up the VM as described, and set the easyDIS base in daemon tools, but my VM isnt powering on at all... something about no operating system.. do i need to download unix or something or did i miss something???
    Last edited by OPEY; 07-28-2010 at 07:28 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    UNIX is in the EasyDIS base disk. Try re-mounting the disk in DAEMONTOOLS.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    alright, its not giving the error anymore, but the screen is just staying black without the bios coming up... is it supposed to take a long time?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Are you using vm player or vm workstation? You should be using vm workstation and as soon as it is powered on, you will get a title screen followed by some lines of script. If you are using vm player it will only display the vm you have already created, which in this case contains nothing (i.e. black screen).

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    im using vm workstation 6.5 and daemon tools pro 4.36. it powers on but nothing ever happens

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    that happened to me. I'd say read the instructions again. Did you get to the bios menu? adding in the startup delay may help. The instructions are excellent with the exception of the omission of the startup delay part.

That was happening to me when i tried to skip doing the BIOS startup order change thingy because i couldn't get it to go to the BIOS. Once I put the delay in there i got it and everything was smooth from there on out.

If you got to the black screen, you prolly missed the bios part. If you don't have the delay in there, it goes by very quick. you have to mouse click in the window and then press F2 while that startup screen is up, which goes by so fast you don't even have time to read it.
    Last edited by knux11; 07-28-2010 at 09:58 PM.

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    OPEY

What's happening to you happened to me when I first to create the VM image.

You'll need to delete the original VM disk image and start again and put in the BIOS delay described earlier to get into the BIOS screen.

There's 2 ways to get into the BIOS screen, F2 and ESC - I find F2 lot easier to use. But input the BIOS screen delay first, otherwise it's almost impossible to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    ediabas.ini - "Interface = STD:FUNK" for a yellow head to the best of my recollection
    I am re-creating my VM image again will report back if it works.

I've tried STUPIDGUY's DIS v55 with v44 Coding image and it works with the ebay yellow head fine, but it runs a little bit slow for some reason.

Anybody know how he set that image up for it to work with the ebay yellow head? I've tried to ask him but haven't gotten a satisfactory reply yet.
    Last edited by NZM3CSL; 07-28-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast