Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    1987 RX7 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    Good news

Now for connection trouble....

PS...running this on a desktop is a waste of your time. You cannot access any functions of the program, as it needs to be attached to car to get any further than a few pages in....

What this means is: In order to really play with it...you have to be connected.

Pro Tip: Get a float charger for your battery. You can play for hours...and you DO NOT want to know what happens if your coding something and your voltage drops...
    I know the desktop is a waste, but I still have 325 GB of free space after the install so no biggie. It's also faster than the laptop so it was easier to figure out the install on as practice.Then I only had to do it once on the laptop which also minimized catastrophic errors on the laptop.

And I've already been through 3 months of BMW Fast Track training and I start my 6 month S.T.E.P. training on Monday so I am aware of the power requirements of these vehicles for diagnostics and coding. But thanks for the heads up.

Thanks!
    -Pat

My Cars
    BMW

Question

If yor are installing the easy dis v.44
    does it need the yellow head to be connected to my laptop, or not.

I was installing without VMware
    Directly to IBM T30

And the error was

WARNING: portmapper on server 192.168.68.30 is not responding

And then shuts down...

What could be the problem...

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Native install is a bit different from the VMware setup, you need to make a slight mod as indicated in this extract on how to set up DIS on a T30 by Morroman Portmapper.pdf

My Cars
    BMW
    but where can I download this SCO OpenServer 5.0.7. I found some sites, but not sure, which programm or update or etc is right for me...

My Cars
    wow! interesting.thank u for detailed explanation with pictures.

My Cars
    E30, E36, E36, E39, E83
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Are you attempting to use DIS or EasyDIS for your native setup? I believe that this problem is the result of DIS detecting a hard drive which is a different size from that it expects. I am told that if you use EasyDIS for your setup, this should avoid the problem. Only secondhand information I'm afraid, but better than nothing.
    I am using EasyDIS-base-44-v1.0.nrg. I figured that it might have something to do with the hard drive. I think I will try to partition it to the 18.65GB and see if that works. I would really like this to be a native setup. Otherwise, no big deal. I have another PC in that garage with a touch screen monitor. That would be kind of cool too.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Native install is a bit different from the VMware setup, you need to make a slight mod as indicated in this extract on how to set up DIS on a T30 by Morroman Portmapper.pdf

is this document sopoused to be one page, or is there somthing missing, what happens after the keybird stuff comes up.. what then

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Timoa, I can only post one page of the 6 page guide here due to forum limitations on enclosure size. If you want the whole document, PM me with a valid email address that can accept enclosures.

Blumpie, if you set the hard drive size as you intend, all should work.

My Cars
    BMW
    ohh my god.. I cant find PM anywhere.:
    I know that it looks stupid...

But anyway, my email adress is timo@frameco.ee

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    You cant PM until youve been a member for 10 days and have 15 posts.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    BMW
    OK, Thank you for that information. Then There is going to be some time before i can PM.

David Mc can you send me that file to my email adress. I wrote that two posts ago.
    Last edited by timoa; 02-28-2010 at 11:37 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Done.

My Cars
    BMW
    Yes, its done and its working.
    But there is another problemnow.

when I go to the diagnostics, or programming it just hangs, sandwatch for mouse and thats all it does... Does it need to have yellow head connected or not.

I dont have one yet so its not connected.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    What type of interface are you using and what is the model and year of your car? If your are using an ADS or VAGCOM interface, it is usually just a matter of making the correct settings in EDIABAS. If you are using something else you may need to install a virtual interface adaptor (i.e. Diaghead emulator).
    Last edited by David Mc; 03-02-2010 at 05:36 PM.

My Cars
    e91 330d
    I do have a running EasyDIS v44 but it does not recognize my EDIABAS/INPA interface.
    i am using DiagHead Emulator and it is recognizing the interface an sends the free diaghead message. but it also says "not connected" even if the interfece is connected to my e91 330d Built 2005.

need help...

thanks
    bruno

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Bruno, if your interface works with INPA/EDIABAS, you should not need to run a diaghead emulator. Just set the port and interface type etc. in EDIABAS.ini (e.g. Interface = ADS or Interface = STD:OBD etc.), in DIS, make sure that the translator is set to Fister and protocol is set to "Vm is set to not run". Restart EDIABAS in DIS when you are done, then run an APItest to make sure you have communications. Don't worry if the LED status indicators at the top of the screen don't work, if the APItest passes, you should be good to go.

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    David you open up a new can of worms for me..

Does this means you run DIS without the diaghead emulator?

I have tried to do the changes like you said above but then API test fails and also if I try and view Administation/Connection setup it gives the error "connection type could not be determined" ?

Ok, I see that you still need to start the FSH server, thank you, will test mine this way as well

cheers
    c

Ok tested and everything still works ok apart from the lights that does not show comms anymore.
    David just out of curiosity, what is the advantage, if any, running like this and not through the diaghead emulator?
    What is the "Vm is set to not run" doing differently?
    Cheers
    C
    Last edited by Katvis; 03-02-2010 at 02:40 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, I do run DIS without a Diaghead emulator. My interface is switchable between ADS and OBD functionality, which I can easily alter by changing only one setting in EDIABAS.ini and I am able to access full functionality of the program with both configurations. With vm set to not run communication with my interface is established directly as the result of program settings and I don't need to play around with other settings to switch interface modes.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    hey guys

My mouse is stuck in VMWare, DIS_v44 ... any help ?

it looks like on Video Virtual disk was not allocated immediately ... maybe this is the issue ?

Ok i try to delete VM and create again

no luck

first time after DIS_v44 instalation it stuck on THE SYSTEM IS COMING UP
    second time after reset it loads language screen but stuck there ...

any help ?

which VMWare version do you use ?

It looks like some issue with v6.5.1 which i use !!!

================================================

After I upgraded VMware tools from version v5.x to v6.5 in one VM and from v6.0 to v6.5 in another VM, the mouse in both VMs got “stuck” inside the guest, and I had to press Ctrl-Alt to release the mouse (it wouldn’t release automatically when I tried to move out of the guest window. Here’s the solution.

Update 01/11/09: This worked great until it stopped working. I’m not sure what caused it to stop working, and repeating these steps didn’t fix the problem after that. I was able to get it working again after a series of uninstall/reinstall VMWare Tools, but it was messy and didn’t work in all my VMs. So I’ll update this post when I find either a permanent solution or a reliable repair that’s relatively straight-forward.
    • If you have another solution for this, please leave a comment!
    • If you work for VMWare, please fix this! I never had this problem in v5.x!
    last update :

issue resolved !

just played with some VMWare setting like Enabler folders whatever

I am at the final stage of protocol ...

Now i am not able to see EDIABAS.ini. under cd /etc ... any help , please ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
    After the # type cd /etc another # will appear at the beginning of the next line – after it, type vi EDIABAS.ini.
    You should view this file to ensure that the correct IP address 192.168.68.1 and port 6801 are identified. If not, use the UNIX command summary to edit and resave the file.

yaaa this is UNIX not windows
    this is mistake - the name of file is small - ediabas.ini ...
    Last edited by champaign777; 03-07-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Quote Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post

yaaa this is UNIX not windows
    this is mistake - the name of file is small - ediabas.ini ...
    Hi Guys
    The more I think about it the more I think I have done more damage than good to give you guys the link to the videos...;( I apologise, I thought it would be of some help, but it seems like it is to confusing.

One thing we must never forget is that EasyDIS-Base was already heavily modified by BMWECU and there is a lot of the steps and settings that are shown in the video as well as some tutorials on the internet that is not necessary anymore.

I am really sorry if I wasted a lot of your time with the videos, I will not recommend it again to somebody..!

Cheers

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    no no the video is very helpfull ...
    it just have another setup for ADS
    Now i need to figure out what is the right setup for E39 which should be STD:OBD
    right ?

Somebody can post hosts and ediabas.ini files for STD:OBD ?
    How i should setup E39 ? Still cant do test in API for STD:OBD ...

I am getting IFH: CONFIGURATION ERROR ... help please

Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post
    max, remember to first hit the mouse button in the VM screen otherwise your keyboard input is still for the windows environment and not the VM machine.

so as soon as your VM starts press the mouse button with the cursor in the vm screen and then hit F2, have to be quick with the fingers though...

cheers
    c
    PS unless you start your VM in full screen mode of course

yap full screen is working ...

did you get VMware always working ? my always stuck before loading GT1
    ... did you try v7 ?
    Last edited by champaign777; 03-08-2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    330ci
    The EDIABAS.ini is located under /usr/ediabas/ and you need to ensure that REMOTEHOST is set to 192.168.68.1

Also, you need to use scoadmin (under unix) to ensure that your network cards are set correctly.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    yap after i am in GT1 all is working but I am not able to load GT1 all time
    also when load from Snapshot it looks like working till you dont do reboot
    after reboot its stuck in a black screen - the same as you load GT1 issue

I think it is VMware issue

My Cars
    E39,E53
    Chaps

In the unix setup you need to type "ediabas.ini" in lower case upper case didn't work on mine but lower case did

mouse stuck in vmware then hold CTRL & ALT should release it.

I had problem with portmapper but realised i had 2 machies with same IP addresses.
    swapped one and worked for me.

regards

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    CTRL & ALT / CTRL & G just move you mouse from Windows to VMware and back

my DIS dont want to come ... need to do reboot 2-3 times

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast