Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4
    Hey guys I don't know if this thread active anymore, but Ive read through most of it hoping to find someone who encountered the same issue as me, but to no avail.

So I got DIS initially installed on VMware and I changed the mounted image to the "GT1_v44_progams" I restarted the Virtual machine and it ran all the way up to the point where the machine said "There System is coming up Please Wait!!!"

I believe the system has froze as I let it sit on that screen for over an hour and zero change. Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You need to reinstall the GT1 v44 program files.

My Cars
    2006 BMW e90 320d
    Or simply install ISTA-GUI, Windows native application

My Cars
    mini
    Looking for some help for a R60 (countryman) with DIS. I have EasyDIS v57 working but my vehicle (R60) and engine (N15) are not listed. For INPA, NAM forum keeps an up to date datens list that allows for selection of N18 with the R56. Is there an equivalent update for EasyDIS or do I need a later version (is there one) or a different software? Thanks for the help.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Unfortunately there is no provision to update DIS. v57 was released in 2007 so although it works OK for cars of that era, you would be better off obtaining a copy of Rheingold ISTA/D for diagnostics or ISTA/P for programming and coding. I use Carly for BMW with our 2010 Cooper S (N18 engine) Carly have just released an update with some coding capabilities for Mini but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

My Cars
    mini
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Unfortunately there is no provision to update DIS. v57 was released in 2007 so although it works OK for cars of that era, you would be better off obtaining a copy of Rheingold ISTA/D for diagnostics or ISTA/P for programming and coding. I use Carly for BMW with our 2010 Cooper S (N18 engine) Carly have just released an update with some coding capabilities for Mini but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
    Thanks David. I am just looking for diagnostic help at this point. I was able to pull codes from INPA but was struggling to cross reference them correctly (saw same numbers meaning multiple things), so I looked towards the next SW which appeared to be DIS, well there was a humbling experience for an engineer getting that up and running only to find out it doesn't appear to work for my car. So now onto Rheingold ISTA/D, thankfully someone on bimmerfest was able to send a link, will see how that goes.

Thanks for all the support you've provided for DIS in this thread, wouldn't have been able to get it going otherwise.

My Cars
    mini
    Thanks David. I am just looking for diagnostic help at this point. I was able to pull codes from INPA but was struggling to cross reference them correctly (saw same numbers meaning multiple things), so I looked towards the next SW which appeared to be DIS, well there was a humbling experience for an engineer getting that up and running only to find out it doesn't appear to work for my car. So now onto Rheingold ISTA/D, thankfully someone on bimmerfest was able to send a link, will see how that goes.

Thanks for all the support you've provided for DIS in this thread, wouldn't have been able to get it going otherwise.

My Cars
    bmwe46
    Untitled.pngwhat should i do. This don't want to disappear. and the screen which was before don't come back.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you have a snapshot of your working VM saved, go to Snapshot manager on the VM dropdown menu and choose revert to snapshot. Whenever you install DIS, it is always a good idea to take a snapshot of your working installation as these provide a backup/restore point in the event of an unexpected crash.

My Cars
    bmwe46
    Thanks mate.But for now i need to find out what i must supose to do next. I mean to reainstal everything or what?

My Cars
    2006 X5 4.8is
    It will be the easiest and fastest solution for you probably. Just be sure to make a backup copy of your VM after you reinstalled it. What I did is just archive it in zip and keep it in safe place.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Dovezas, hit Alt+Ctrl and open the VM dropdown menu, from there choose Snapshot. If a snapshot of your working installation exists (as may be the case if you sourced a pre-configured virtual machine), you can use the Revert to Snapshot option to restore your VM to its original state. If you do not have a Snapshot stored, you will need to choose the Power option from the VM menu and choose Shut down Guest if this option is greyed out, forcibly power off your virtual machine. After the VM shuts down, restart the virtual machine and see how far the program loads, this will give you an indication as to whether you need to perform a complete reinstallation (i.e. if you only have a black screen) or just reinstall the DIS program files (i.e. EasyDIS loads but DIS is not installed).
    Last edited by David Mc; 03-09-2016 at 07:03 AM.

My Cars
    bmwe46
    Untitled.jpgProbably will be the easiest way just to reinstall the program But actually everything happens when i login as root to the program. And im geting this after i try to relogin as root.
    Last edited by Dovezas; 03-09-2016 at 08:11 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It looks to me like your EasyDIS base has been corrupted so you will have to do a complete reinstallation. When you complete the process, go to the VM dropdown menu and choose Snapshot, then take Snapshot to create a restore point so that you can avoid this problem in future.

My Cars
    92 325i
    posted in the wrong place sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by josev; 03-10-2016 at 09:12 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Apart from other possible issues, the start IP address of 192.168.68.128 should be 192.168.68.1. Using a diaghead emulator is a waste of time and effort and only makes the installation unnecessarily clunky. Your first step in getting DIS to work should be to have a 100% working INPA installation, running EDIABAS v6.4.3 or v6.4.7. Post #800 on about page 32 of the DIS Success thread will guide you through checking your installation settings.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Hi David, Is DIS still the best option for an E46 2003 car or should i move to ISTA/d or newer ?

Can the newer packages perform low level tests like Vanos operation ?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    DIS v57 was released at the end of 2007 so it is unlikely that any later software releases will give more diagnostic functionality. ISTA/D (Rheingold) is however a very "clean" installation as it is Windows based (no vmware required). ISTA has good functionality but I haven't attempted to use any real advanced functions as I predominantly use Carly for BMW now and only crack out my laptop and interfaces for more complex jobs.

My Cars
    328i Conv
    Edit: Deleted, wrong thread, sorry.
    Last edited by Rotorian; 03-19-2016 at 06:19 PM.

My Cars
    86 Buick Somerset T-Type
    OK, this newb needs help.

I bought EasyDIS v57 on ebay (came with the cable). It included the diaghead emulator which wasn't working on my laptop (Thinkpad x61s, XP SP3), so I decided to try to switch to the Fister profile.

The process was going smoothly, up until it was time to get root access. It seems like the password was already set and I have no idea what it is.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing there is no way to reset it? If not, should I just reinstall DIS (using a different copy)?

edit: I tried the standard guesses: password, pass, 12345, and just enter.

Thanks!
    Last edited by elbert; 04-08-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    2004 Alpine White e46m3

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Why do you need to gain root access? You can change translators and configure processes using the configure-matic menu via the calibrating touch screen option. If you need to change PC1 network settings you can do it via the SCOAdmin Network screen also accessible from the configure-matic menu options. If you absolutely, positively have to access the root directory, try admin or 0000 as passwords and if you are still locked out, PM me with an email address and I will send you some more information. Bear in mind though that UNIX is not user friendly and that no indication will be visible on screen either as you are typing or when you enter the correct password, other than the absence of an error message.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-08-2016 at 08:29 PM.

My Cars
    86 Buick Somerset T-Type
    Hi David, just want to start by saying thanks for all your help over the years giving people access to DIS.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Why do you need to gain root access?
    Well, I was following the directions from the "Read This First":

We need to view our EDIABAS.ini and hosts settings from the Unix side, to ensure
    we can talk to our Windows software and interface.
    Was I looking at an old version of the Read Me, or (quite possibly) did I misread something? Is there a better way to view/edit the "hosts" file?
    As for UNIX, the first time I used email was with elm, so this fister set up was causing some flashbacks

Thanks again!
    Last edited by elbert; 04-08-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    2004 Alpine White e46m3

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I wrote the READ THIS FIRST.pdf to assist people in setting up DIS for the first time - if you have purchased a running system, the UNIX side of your virtual machine should already be good to go.

I apologise for the following, which is written so that others with similar configuration issues can get over the hump:-
    1. Assuming that you have a working INPA installation already installed (and are running EDIABAS v6.4.3 or v6.4.7 as these are the only versions that will support DIS), have modified the relevant lines of c:\EDIABAS\Bin\Ediabas.ini to correctly set your interface type (i.e. Interface =ADS or Interface =STD:OBD), RemoteHost is 192.168.68.1 and ports are 6801, start the IFHSrv32, then start DIS and when it has loaded, use the ADMINISTRATION button and Calibrating Touch Screen option (password 12345) to access the Configure-matic menu.
    2. From there choose Option 1 to configure EDIABAS, then Option 2 to Perform APITEST. When you use this option, you should be presented with another menu, which will be completely in German beginning with 0. ABBRUCH (Abort) - if this is the case your DIS installation passes the API TEST and you should be good to go, you can choose option 1, then 9 to exit back to the DIS home screen - if not you will receive a FEHLER (fault) message, which indicates there is a comms problem with your installation.
    3. If INPA is working and you have correctly configured Ediabas.ini on the Windows side of things, the most likely problem will be with the SCO NETWORK settings - you can access these from the Configurematic menu. When I first installed DIS many years ago, this and a lack of general information availability was the biggest problem - hence the READ THIS FIRST.pdf and page 8A of the installation instructions.

If you look at the attachments in Post #800 on page 32 of the DIS Success thread, you will find a step by step guide to checking that everything on your installation is good to go.

My Cars
    86 Buick Somerset T-Type
    OK, thanks David. I sure am glad you're still around to answer questions!
    I will give that a try later this week and will let you know how it goes.
    2004 Alpine White e46m3

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750i
    I recently bought an e65 750i,and I could really use these tools. This thread is 7 years old and 900 posts strong, should I still follow the directions on page 1 with my Windows 10 laptop, or are there updated instructions lurking somewhere among these 36 pages?

Thank you

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast