Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    2002 E39 525d
    Hi guys. I am trying to retrofit my 2002 E39 525d to work with MID. I have installed DIS v44. Unfortunately i receive the following error:

"IKE/KOMBI does not respond! Is the ignition ON? Is the battery charged sufficiently? Is the control unit OK?"

ignition is on, battery is charged. I am using K+DCAN cable and windows xp x86. Where is the problem?

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by winnerkn View Post
    Hi guys. I am trying to retrofit my 2002 E39 525d to work with MID. I have installed DIS v44. Unfortunately i receive the following error: "IKE/KOMBI does not respond! Is the ignition ON? Is the battery charged sufficiently? Is the control unit OK?" ignition is on, battery is charged. I am using K+DCAN cable and windows xp x86. Where is the problem?
    You may need ADS to talk to the kombi module. I know on the e36, k+dcan only talks to the engine computer and nothing else.

My Cars
    2002 E39 525d
    I thik that my car doesn't have a ADS connector, only OBD.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Does your K+DCAN interface detect a true ignition signal, or does it emulate an ignition signal and are pins 7 & 8 bridged?

My Cars
    A few e34s
    Last edited by Sriufke; 01-13-2017 at 09:13 PM.

My Cars
    2008 320d PreLCI
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Does your K+DCAN interface detect a true ignition signal, or does it emulate an ignition signal and are pins 7 & 8 bridged?
    How I can check that?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If both the battery and ignition signal dots are blacked out when you connect using INPA and toggling the ignition switch between the off and run position causes the ignition dot to cycle between clear and blacked out, your interface detects a true ignition signal. If both dots remain blacked out regardless of ignition switch state, your interface uses an emulated ignition signal. You can check to see if pins 7 and 8 are connected by physically inspecting the pin connections (both at the 16 pin and interface end of the cable).

My Cars
    98 540i e39
    I thought I had everything ready to go... Installed INPA and DIS without a glitch... all seemed to run smoothly until it was time for me to actually try it... I am using a VAGCOM cable with pins 7/8 soldered together and loaded some MProg configuration... With the wealth of info available online and on YouTube, I was hoping that there is one verified way to make this work...

I was able to get a copy of Randomly's file on 4share, and I was also able to get 328Power04's copy of INPA...
    Which files/copy should I use now that I have decided to install from scratch...?
    I guess my focus will be make INPA work... then, try to get DIS to work... I am running windows 7 ultimate on a Dell Latitude E6500

My Cars
    06 330XI
    Anyone have instructions for setting up DIS v44 on windows 8 VMware 12?

My Cars
    2004 BMW 320CD M-Tech II
    Hi,People,
    At first i would like to give a big massive thanks to everybody that is contributing to this thread with 35 pages that i've read. Ufh!!!

I installed both INPA/EDIABAS and DIS v44. No problems during installation...

Now I will try to explain my problems and a few doubts that I have.

I buyed a INPA "K+DCAN OBD INTERFACE" (INPA COMPATIBLE) in Portugal (where im based) but I get the feeling that the interface is Chinese.... WHAT WASN'T BEEN MADE IN CHINA THESE DAYS??!!!!!

The car I need to diagnose and program is a E46 320CD 150bhp Euro4 Spec + M-tech II

I've done 1 mod because I cant read all modules only reading the engine ECU and no other module......

After reading a few pages of this thread i decided to make a test with information from this forum! God bless all you guys for hanging around 35 pages and increasing

I solder PIN7 to PIN8 on the OBD connector and voilà it reads all modules.... INPA 100% Working now!!!!

However when I plug in the cable to the computer even its not plugged in to the car it detects battery (the battery change from white to a black dot)!!!
    Nice but should it only be ON when key is in position 1??? and not as soon I connect the cable to the computer?? Maybe it is normal but just to be sure I'm asking....

When I turn to position 2 i see a black dot on ignition and battery. Is that right?

However I get a error in GT1 that cant "Auto-detect" car.
    And if i try to make a diagnose it gives me a 200.166 saying "DIAGNOSIS BUS ERROR. COMMUNICATION BETWEEN OPERATING UNIT AND DIAGNOSTIC HEAD IS IMPAIRED) ERROR NUMBER 200.166"

I have full light lit in DIS and I know that my device is based on RT232RL and it can be programmed to get the auto-recognize of the car?
    I'm currently at my work so I cant upload right away the photos of my interface (at night I will upload photos of interface PCB.

Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Frederiko, this is normal operation for this type of cable, it draws power from your computer port to emulate a battery signal (which is quite normal) - the important thing is that it is detecting the true ignition signal, so it has the ability to auto-detect your car but something is interrupting communication between DIS and your vehicle. Based upon the statement that you have full lights in DIS, your virtual machine settings are incorrect:-
    Wrong.jpg If you are seeing this, you need to shut down the IFHSrv32 and access the DIS configurematic menu via the Administration tab and Calibrating Touch Screen button. Choose option 2 to configure processes so that vm is set to off but NSW and DSM are set to run, then use option 3 from the main screen to select Fister as the translator. Once you have done this, use Option 0 to shut down DIS and save your settings, then start the IFHSrv32 and restart DIS.

Your home screen should now look like this:-
    Correct.jpg Now try connecting to your car.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 320CD M-Tech II
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Frederiko, this is normal operation for this type of cable, it draws power from your computer port to emulate a battery signal (which is quite normal) - the important thing is that it is detecting the true ignition signal, so it has the ability to auto-detect your car but something is interrupting communication between DIS and your vehicle. Based upon the statement that you have full lights in DIS, your virtual machine settings are incorrect:-
    Wrong.jpg If you are seeing this, you need to shut down the IFHSrv32 and access the DIS configurematic menu via the Administration tab and Calibrating Touch Screen button. Choose option 2 to configure processes so that vm is set to off but NSW and DSM are set to run, then use option 3 from the main screen to select Fister as the translator. Once you have done this, use Option 0 to shut down DIS and save your settings, then start the IFHSrv32 and restart DIS.

Your home screen should now look like this:-
    Correct.jpg Now try connecting to your car.
    My DIS have the 3 Bars Lit.
    My procedure was:
    Install DIS
    When the DIS is installed i only have the bottom bar.
    Then i go to ADMINISTRATION, choose SCOADMIN and deleted the second device and add another one with IP set to 192.168.38.30 and the name is "gt1ap"
    Turn Off DIS
    Launch: DiagHead Emulator and IFHSrv32
    Turn On DIS
    Now 3 bars are lit and it detects the diaghead on the right IP address.

I haven't had time yesterday to test it connected to the car, i will do it today at night after work, but i can test i and send you a screenshot at 12:30am (maybe 8am for you as im in europe), that's the hour of my lunch and i have the time needed to show what i mean

David Mc when you have the ignition detect you get also the auto-detect of the car?
    if i sent you a team-viewer request can you help me on the fly?

Him unable to drive the car has i need to reset the steering angle sensor because some moron hits my rims and mess my calibration
    Last edited by frederiko; 10-06-2015 at 05:43 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Frederico,

If you use the Administration Button and are prompted for a password when you hit the calibrating touch screen button, your DIS is built on EasyDIS and you don't need to use the diaghead emulator. All you need to do is to re-configure processes and set the translator to Fister as per my post above, then choose the "restart Ediabas" option from the configurematic menu screen before exiting DIS. Since your interface has ignition detection, you should be able to automatically detect the model of your car.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 320CD M-Tech II
    OK. I'm out for lunch so I'm gonna test edit the processes to set "vm to not run" and set the "FISTER" as translator.
    I have a few doubts.... what's the "VM"? (the one i set to not run) and what is the fister translator?

When I do that I will be able to see the interface on free diagnostics head? I should see no lights or one specific light?

I'm gonna take a print-screen so you can see what's going on. Maybe better copy the VmWare virtual machine and edit the copy?

Sorry but i don't have a social life 1 month ago..... maybe someday my wife is gonna ask me for the divorce just because i only think about put this working on the car.....

Im doing a clone of vmware machine so if i mess up i dont have to install it all over again

I'm gonna post my results later today

Thanks
    Last edited by frederiko; 10-06-2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Test later

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    There is no need to clone your virtual machine. If you are unsure about making the changes, just go to the VM menu and take a snapshot of your machine before you make the changes. Snapshots are restore points, so if you don't like the changes, you can just "revert to snapshot" from the vm menu and your original, unchanged vm will load.

You will not see the interface on the modified machine as it will be hard-linked to your DIS installation. All you will need to do to connect to your car is start the IFHSrv32, Start DiS, connect the interface to your car (ignition switched on) and hit the Diagnose button.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 320CD M-Tech II
    Ok. I thought all the time that the lights have to be on and its the other way around...... ups
    Now I'm in work but in 5 Hours I'm gonna test it and see if it works.
    Wish me luck

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You won't need luck, there are lots of us using DIS without a Diaghead emulator. Just remember, don't start the IFHSrv32 before you open DIS to make the changes to the protocol and translator settings, and when you are done, use the Ediabas option on the Configurematic menu to restart Ediabas then when you are done, close DIS using Option 0 on the Configurematic menu. After everything has closed, start the IFHSrv32, then DIS and you should be able to connect to your car. The only light you should see is the LED in your interface when you first connect it to your car and run D-CAN.exe to set it up for K Line comms and the correct com port.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 320CD M-Tech II
    I think that I dont have that dcan.exe where can i get it?
    You mean K+Dcan Utility 2.0? Last time i install the win i tryed the K+Dcan Utility however i get a error when trying to change the mode. I dont know if now it will work fine.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    DCAN.exe is attached as a .txt file, once you have downloaded it, rename it as an .exe file before you use it. Even though a lot has been written about DCAN and Obd.ini, there still seems to be some confusion about how to obtain the correct settings, so here goes:-

1. After connecting your K+CAN interface, go into Device Manager (located in Control panel->System->->Hardware) and look under Ports. You should see your cable with a corresponding com port number - you can verify whether you are looking at the correct setting by momentarily disconnecting and reconnecting your cable to your computer and watching to ensure the setting you are looking at disappears, then reappears. Write down the com port number that you see assigned to your cable.

2. Open obd.ini, (which is located in your C:\EDIABAS\Bin folder), using Notepad or another text editor. the first line should read [OBD] and immediately under it you will see Port=Com#, change the value of # to the Com port number you identified during step 1, then save and close obd.ini.

3. Disconnect, then reconnect your cable to your car's diagnostic port, so that the LED inside the interface is on, then immediately run DCAN.exe and use the same port number that you have referred to in step 2.

That's it, you should now be able to run INPA and verify that you have communication with your cable by toggling the ignition on and off to verify that your cable is detecting an ignition signal. Close INPA and the EDIABAS server, then start the IFHSrv32 and run DIS.
    D-CAN.txt
    Last edited by David Mc; 10-06-2015 at 07:12 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 745i
    Hello Genius Folks !!

I'd appreciate, if someone can upload the DIS software on any link for em to download.

Have lots of errors on my Dash and need to troubleshoot..

Much Appreciate your kind Help !!

My Cars
    2006 X5 4.8is
    iali,
    PM you. Please check.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    can I not just install it on a xp machine?do i need vmware?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    DIS can only be installed on a UNIX computer. Unless you are using a genuine Siemens BMW yellow diagnostic head, it will also need to communicate with your interface by using EDIABAS installed under Windows, so you will definitely need to create a UNIX virtual machine for DIS and use a virtual network so that it can communicate with your interface via EDIABAS installed under Windows. So no, you cannot just install DIS under XP.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Hi guys, I am new on here, but i've been messing with DIS and INPA for a few years now and never had any problems.

However my Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop recently died (short circuit on the mobo), so I have replaced it with a Lenovo X220 laptop.

On the Dell laptop I had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 running, and DIS ran fine on it, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro x64 (clean install) and DIS ran fine on that laptop under Windows 10 too.

However on this Lenovo, I have tried Windows 7 x86, X64 and Windows 10 Pro x64 and no matter what I try, I can not get DIS to run (atleast not consistently), if it loads up ok, then it tends to not see the Diaghead more than once.

Usually it will hang when booting though, with the cursor on the screen, sometimes it will bootup, but not see the Diaghead, and if I go into Admin and click on connection setup, it will hang there instead.

Other times, it will work fine after initial setup, and then hang on the next bootup, and show the message waiting for X server to shutdown.

After ripping my hair out for 3 days, and installing various versions of windows I am getting nowhere fast and just going around in circles.

So looking for some help, windows XP is not an option (laptop will not install it), but I don't think the OS is the issue, it has to be something else as like i've said i've used DIS on my old laptop under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 10 Pro X64 without issue.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    on BMW GT1v44 I am getting the NET-0002 ILLEGAL VERSION when clicking E30 as the car, but E36 only says the cable is not connected, which it isn't. I am just seeing if it will work,

settings for Host Virtual Network Mapping is

Vnet0 Bridged to an automatically chosen adapter

Vnet1 Local Area Connection 2
    in ">"
    the IP is set at 192.168.68.0
    sub net 255.255.255.0
    Last edited by MisterM52; 01-14-2016 at 03:00 AM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast