Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If your E70 was built after 3/2007 you will need a DCAN interface and can use it with DIS v57. I use a Wi-Fi interface and BMWhat app on an iPhone with my 04/2008 E70 as it is far quicker and more convenient than using DIS - plus it has some coding capabilities.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpejohn View Post
    Well, thats the problem :P The machine starts, and i think the homescreen is there, as the mouse pointer shows up, but all is black, no buttons or anything.. :/

Edit;
    I have a dis v57 machine that was alredy made, this worked fine yesterday, but now it also started up and i got a black screen with only the cursor/mouse pointer showing.

Like in this pic:
    I found that this happens if you set leave IP addresses in the HOSTS file that are not in use.

I set my DIS machine to 192.168.68.10, but the original entry of 192.168.68.30 was causing errors because it did not have a device attached to it. Remove the offending line from your HOSTS file and the machine will boot properly. To remove a line, scroll down to the line you wnt to remove and press "d-d" and the line will be removed. Only remove the one line, don't remove the 192.168.68.32 line or your diaghead line. Dont forget to save with :wq when your finished.

You only need to do this if you didn't set DIS to 192.168.68.30. My machine would not work with that IP no matter what I tried. As soon as I removed the bad line, the machine boots up near instantly, and DIS performance is generally better too when clicking on things.

Now if only I could get the programming modules to work. I'm plagued with VIN and ZCS/FA cannot be read out from EWS/KMB/LSZ control unit.
    I cannot figure out why the problem is. INPA works fine, as well as NCSexpert. EDIABAS test passes quickly. The diagnostic portion of DIS reads the VIN just fine too.
    Last edited by lharrison; 04-29-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    2001 BWM 540i - 140,000mi
    +New alternator
    +New Front Control & Thrust Arms
    +New Front Endlinks and Sway bushings
    +New front rotors w/akebono pads
    +New Rear Swaybar endlinks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    DIS v57 has no coding or programming functionality.

My Cars
    BMW 530d E39

CODE EROR : NET-0002 Illegal version.

Hi guys.

I have a problem with DIS V57.
    When testing connection in DIS i obtain this message: the ip address of the selected diagnostic head isalso entered under the namediaghead in the system. Each IP address may only beallocated once. Rectify the address conflict in the relevant configuration mask.
    I’ve changed the Ip address from DiagHead.I’ve put : 192.168.68.2 instead of 192.168.68.1
    I’ve entered 192.168.30 as the diaghead IP adress on the network configuration screen of DIS (from ediabas.ini of easy-DIS).

Now, i can connect diaghead, but i have another error when i run API-test.
    I obtain this message:
    NET-0002 Illegal version.

I've bought the cable and softwares here :
    http://bmcables.com/features.html

I need guidance please.

Thanks in advance.
    Durand

PS : sorry for my very bad english .
    Last edited by DURAND; 05-05-2014 at 07:40 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 530d E39

Eror code : NET-0002 Illegal version

Hi guys.

I have a problem with DIS V57.

When testing connection in DIS i obtain this message:
    the ip address of the selected diagnostic head is
    also entered under the name
    diaghead in the system. Each IP address may only be
    allocated once. Rectify the address conflict in
    the relevant configuration mask.

I’ve changed the Ip address from DiagHead.
    I’ve put : 192.168.68.2 instead of 192.168.68.1

I’ve entered 192.168.30 as the diaghead IP adress on the network configuration screen of DIS (from ediabas.ini of easy-DIS).

Now, i can connect diaghead, but i have another error when i run API-test. I obtain this message:
    NET-0002 Illegal version.

I've bought the cable with software here :http://www.bmcables.com

I need guidance please.

Thanks in advance.
    Durand

PS : sorry for my bad english

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The correct address for diaghead is 192.168.68.1 - change it back. You are getting the illegal version message because DIS recognises that your configuration does not match that used by BMW. Your vendor needs to provide you with information on configuration of your system to match the way he has customised it.

- - - Updated - - -

The correct address for diaghead is 192.168.68.1 - change it back. You are getting the illegal version message because DIS recognises that your configuration does not match that used by BMW. Your vendor needs to provide you with information on configuration of your system to match the way he has customised it.

My Cars
    BMW 530d E39
    Thank you very much David.

I've changed the IP address for diaghead (192.168.68.1).
    Now I have a "IP conflict address" as shows the screeshot.

When I use APITEST, I obtain this error :
    NET-0016 : HOST ERROR

I attache some screenshot of :
    1 - Ediabas.ini (XP windows)
    2 - Hosts (SCCS IDENTIFICATION)
    3 - Ediabas.ini (DIS)
    4 - APITEST

I think there's a problem with this software because many people who's bought "the software - easy to install by one click" have the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how to insert pictures.

My Cars
    Similar issue. I am also getting the NET-0002: Illegal version

I installed
    EasyDIS_Base_v44
    VMware Workstation 6.5.1 Build 126130 Final
    DIS_v57

Originally i had the NET-0016 : HOST ERROR, but i read that DIS doesnt work with Ediabas 7.03 so i moved down to Ediabas 6.4.7

Anyone have any other ideas for me to check? All i need to do is change the profiles associated with my keys to get my Comfort Access up. Evidently this cant be done through INPA

Ive gone through the following instructions.
    bmw-gt1-dis-install-831k.pdf
    DIS_v44_%26_v57_Installation_Check.pdf
    DavidMC-EasyDIS_READ_THIS_FIRST.pdf

VMWare Hosts file has 192.168.68.1
    VM is off
    Fister Profile is on
    The protocol in scoadmin is configured
    ediabas file is edited with remotehost and port

Any advice or things to look at would be appreciated

Thanks

My Cars
    fixed my own issue.

Ediabas 7.03 = NET-0016 : HOST ERROR
    Ediabas 6.47 = NET-0002-ILLEGAL VERSION

Ediabas 6.43 = Works

My Cars
    1998 BMW E39 Touring
    Hello

im strugling getting DIS V44 to work. installation goes fine, but when i have finished setting up networking, and turn off the VM, I\m only getting a black screen with a cursor on after the machine is finished starting up...7
    what is wrong?

My Cars
    e92
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    The correct installation program is Instaprog. Since you are in the US, you may also prefer to select the BMW Group rectification programs USA rather than UK. It is also in English, but will be specific to your car.

"When I click continue it gives me an error message: UNLHA32 Error Report (on UnlhaMain : 2) A LZH Archive not found. : 'C:/DOCUMENTS.LZH'
    Then it closes the installation."

This is because you have attempted to install the software directly from your desktop, after unzipping, it MUST be copied to a DVD and installed from the DVD or the file extraction process will not work correctly and the .LZH archive file will not be found.

Thanks for the tip that got me on the right track. But heads up for anyone who cares, you don't have to mount it as an ISO. You can just have it on another drive. I didn't do extensive testing but all I did was extract it to a sub directory on a network attached drive on my home network and it got past this error.

My Cars
    2005 BMW x5 4.4i
    Hi I get this error I am using Windows 7 with VMWARE 7, I have no anti virus software and disabled firewall.
    My cable is Compatible HDS j2534 and drivers are install and shows up as serial port 1 latency 1.
    The two bars in DIS v57 have full signal.
    IDENT_E53 / Battery voltage test :
    "Connect diagnostic connector and swtich on ignition (terminal 15)!
    Is the battery voltage OK?
    When I press Okay I get another error
    IDENT_E53 / Messages_1
    The diagnosis connection is not OK!
    No voltage is applied at terminal 15 or U-batt is less than 9 Volt

Automatic vehicle identification is terminated!
    Any way to fix this?

Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by harry16 View Post
    The two bars in DIS v57 have full signal.
    If this is the case and your installation is based on EasyDIS, DIS is not configured correctly. You need to close the IFHSrv32, Go to the Configure-matic main menu and change translator to Fister, then configure processes so that vm is set to off, DSM and NSW are set to run, restart EDIABAS from inside DIS, then shutdown DIS (Configure-matic menu option 0).
    Finally, start the IFHSrv32, restart DIS and diagnose your car.

My Cars
    2005 BMW x5 4.4i
    If this is the case and your installation is based on EasyDIS, DIS is not configured correctly. You need to close the IFHSrv32, Go to the Configure-matic main menu and change translator to Fister, then configure processes so that vm is set to off, DSM and NSW are set to run, restart EDIABAS from inside DIS, then shutdown DIS (Configure-matic menu option 0).
    Finally, start the IFHSrv32, restart DIS and diagnose your car.

So i changed it to Fister and vm was off. After shutting down and restarting DIS the two bar went away, and so i click connection setup but nothing happens, and went to device head but nothing shows up.

Also I did the APITEST and i get this error ifh-0018 initialization error. I passed it last time, not sure how i screwed it up
    Last edited by harry16; 04-02-2015 at 09:47 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    That is correct, you should have no response to the connection setup screen and no heads showing - these settings are for DIS set up on a workshop network. The IFH-00018 error indicates that EDIABAS is not correctly configured for your diagnostic head, you need to open c:/EDIABAS/EDIABAS.ini and look at your settings (RemoteHost=192.168.68.1, Interface =STD:OBD and ports=6801). Also have a look at C:/EDIABAS/Bin/obd.ini and make sure that your com port is correctly configured.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-02-2015 at 10:13 PM.

My Cars
    2005 BMW x5 4.4i
    That is correct, you should have no response to the connection setup screen and no heads showing - these settings are for DIS set up on a workshop network. The IFH-00018 error indicates that EDIABAS is not correctly configured for your diagnostic head, you need to open c:/EDIABAS/EDIABAS.ini and look at your settings (RemoteHost=192.168.68.1, Interface =STD:OBD and ports=6801). Also have a look at C:/EDIABAS/Bin/obd.ini and make sure that your com port is correctly configured.
    Thanks for guiding me even thou it, it means so much that someone is helping with this annoying error.

So I had my EDIABAS in C:/EDIABAS/bin/ for some reason, i just copied it just to be safe. The settings are what you posted
    Also in obd.ini the setting for com1 was as follow, i changed com1 to OBD

Code:
    [OBD]
    Port=Com1
    Hardware=USB
    RETRY=ON

[UNIT_A]
    Port=Com2
    Hardware=OBD
    ... UNIT B to O are exactly like A

So I did the APITEST and it went well.

but i am still having problem with no bars for both, and setting up a connection. When i click on it it the mouse cursor changes but nothing happens.

also when do i connect the OBD to the bmw (sorry but its not clear?). Should it always be connected?

Thank you again

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Forget about setting up a connection - startr the IFHSrv32, Start DIS and when you see the home screen connect your interface to your car, switch the ignition on and press the Diagnose button.

My Cars
    2005 BMW x5 4.4i
    Forget about setting up a connection - startr the IFHSrv32, Start DIS and when you see the home screen connect your interface to your car, switch the ignition on and press the Diagnose button.
    I get the battery error again.

Also could it be my obd? its a generic one Compatible HDS j2534. I ordered another one from ebay with all the software hopefully that does the trick

Thanks I will post back

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This thread might help you configure INPA more accurately for your device http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ks-as-passthru

My Cars
    Now: E39, Prev: E34, E53
    Does anyone know where I might be able to download Easy DIS v44? I've searched high and low on google but can't seem to find any active links? Many thanks!

My Cars
    E53 X5
    I'm after some help, I'm almost there, but I'm completely stuck.

I've got EasyDISv44 working to the point that the EDIBAS API test returns results, but when I go back into EasyDISv44, I cannot find any free diagnostic heads.
    I got the cable from eBay, and it came with software and a pre-installed DISv57 vmware image, which works perfectly. I can load up the v57 image and see the diagnostic head, but if I close that and open DISv44 it does not see the diagnostic head. - so I know the head is working, and I think the host software is working as it should. (I need DISv44 so I can do coding)

I've installed DISv44 using the instructions at the start of this thread, then followed a step-by-step guide in youtube to get it as far as the API test (under touch screen calibration) working. I can ping 192.168.68.30 from the host PC when the DISv44 image is running, so the networking seems to be working.

I can attach screenshots, but would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction for debugging?

Thanks.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    A correctly installed and configured version of DIS will not show any free diagnostic heads, which are internally linked to the software. Use DIS v44 and attempt to diagnose your car to confirm whether the software is working and if not, follow the installation check procedure outlined in post#800 on page 32 of the DIS Success thread.

My Cars
    2005 BMW x5 4.4i
    David I just want to thank you for being supportive. The cable and software I bought from ebay worked flawlessly. You are an awesome contribution to this forum, and BMW . Once again thank you so much
    Last edited by harry16; 05-03-2015 at 12:11 AM.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by harry16 View Post
    David I just want to thank you for being supportive. The cable and software I bought from ebay worked flawlessly. You are an awesome contribution to this forum, and BMW . Once again thank you so much
    +1,000!!
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    E21 323i JPS, E30 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by blumpie View Post
    OK, so I wiped the drive and I get "WARNING: Now using polled interface"
    Any luck with the polled interface problem? I have the same problem, created in HD in VM , 18.6
    g, changed IO to 0.0. Instalation starts and I end up with this warning "Now using polled interface". Did you have any success?

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast