Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    2007 Mini R56 Coupe
    Would this install allow me to perform diagnostics on a 07 mini R56? Thanks.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    DISv57 will do your Mini.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 525iT
    So I am having a hell of a time with the DIS installation. While in VMware, it acts as if the = key is stuck. It hasn't been an issue until i got to this step:

Push the Administration button in DIS and from the DIS menu choose The
    Calibrating touch screen button (second from the bottom). Enter the 5 digit dealer
    number password you chose during installation (the recommended password was
    12345) and wait for the utilities menu to pop up. When it does, choose Option 7
    (SCOADMIN NETWORK).
    A window will pop up showing 2 green driver icons – at the top of the screen will be
    the SCO TCP/IP Loopback driver – DO NOT TOUCH THIS DRIVER.
    Below this you will see a second driver – AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible –
    PC1 Bus#0, Device #17, Function #0. The configuration settings assigned to this
    device may not work with your particular machine so left click on the AMD PCNET –
    PC1 Adapter Compatible line to highlight it, then from the Hardware Menu at the top
    of the screen, choose “Remove network device”.
    The next step is to re-add an AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible that your
    machine will recognise by again going to the Hardware menu and choosing Add
    new LAN adapter. A window will pop up showing AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter
    Compatible devices found on your computer – this is an important step as in my
    case, the original adapter was set to work off Bus #0, Device #17, Function #0
    whereas my computer requires the adapter to work off Bus #2. Choose the first AMD
    PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible on the list then yes to add the new adapter and a
    pop up will ask what protocol you want to add to the adapter – choose SCO TCP/IP
    from the options displayed and a settings panel will pop up. The first line “Local Host
    Name” should already be populated with gt1ap. The next line is where we need to
    enter the IP Address, which is 192.168.68.30 . When you tab to the next line, the
    Netmask address (255.255.255.0) should back populate, as should the Broadcast
    Address 192.168.68.255, TCP connections and Pseudo ttys lines. Hit OK to accept
    these adapter settings and return to the SCOADMIN NETWORK page where you will
    see your newly created adapter listed in place of the one you deleted

Now, I managed to delete the AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter, however, when re-adding it and attempting to enter the IP address, all I get is continual = with no way to stop it and enter the IP. I ended up having to shut off my computer as I could not exit VMware. Now, upon running DIS in VM ware, DIS no longer loads completely. Instead of the main page once loaded, I get a black screen. I'm sure its from having deleted the AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter and failing to install the new one.

I was going to attempt to reinstall DIS from the iso, but I noticed the = key still acts like someone is holding it down. I can't continue until I get this fixed. Anyone have a suggestion? This is only occurring in VMware, is does not occur in WinXP.
    1992 Mustang 5.0L supercharged | 1986 Merkur XR4Ti | looking for another 01-03 525iT

My Cars
    e39 525T M54B25,2001
    I am hawing problem with my dis installation. As I see, I'm not the only one.

I did every thing on the instruction, I try using this youtube instruction too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNnGVD1rj1Q

But I always stuck on same point...

When I start my GT1 virtual machine, enter BIOS (F2), finish the changes, installation starts... For a moment everything looks fine but...
    When it reach

Setting up filesystems. This will take some time (up to 5 minutes).

It gives me some beeps and then say

installation aborted!!!
    check CD and DVD-Drive!!!

Sometimes it reaches further to a point

Installation will last approx. 12 minutes... please be patient!!!

and after some time it gives me some beeps again and then say

zcat: Error: Bad decode table
    installation aborted!!
    check CD and DVD-Drive!!!

I can't pass this step. Any advice someone?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Sicko; 11-26-2013 at 01:54 PM.

My Cars
    Fjordgrau '98 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLX View Post
    So I am having a hell of a time with the DIS installation. While in VMware, it acts as if the = key is stuck. It hasn't been an issue until i got to this step:

Push the Administration button in DIS and from the DIS menu choose The
    Calibrating touch screen button (second from the bottom). Enter the 5 digit dealer
    number password you chose during installation (the recommended password was
    12345) and wait for the utilities menu to pop up. When it does, choose Option 7
    (SCOADMIN NETWORK).
    A window will pop up showing 2 green driver icons – at the top of the screen will be
    the SCO TCP/IP Loopback driver – DO NOT TOUCH THIS DRIVER.
    Below this you will see a second driver – AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible –
    PC1 Bus#0, Device #17, Function #0. The configuration settings assigned to this
    device may not work with your particular machine so left click on the AMD PCNET –
    PC1 Adapter Compatible line to highlight it, then from the Hardware Menu at the top
    of the screen, choose “Remove network device”.
    The next step is to re-add an AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible that your
    machine will recognise by again going to the Hardware menu and choosing Add
    new LAN adapter. A window will pop up showing AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter
    Compatible devices found on your computer – this is an important step as in my
    case, the original adapter was set to work off Bus #0, Device #17, Function #0
    whereas my computer requires the adapter to work off Bus #2. Choose the first AMD
    PCNet-PC1 Adapter Compatible on the list then yes to add the new adapter and a
    pop up will ask what protocol you want to add to the adapter – choose SCO TCP/IP
    from the options displayed and a settings panel will pop up. The first line “Local Host
    Name” should already be populated with gt1ap. The next line is where we need to
    enter the IP Address, which is 192.168.68.30 . When you tab to the next line, the
    Netmask address (255.255.255.0) should back populate, as should the Broadcast
    Address 192.168.68.255, TCP connections and Pseudo ttys lines. Hit OK to accept
    these adapter settings and return to the SCOADMIN NETWORK page where you will
    see your newly created adapter listed in place of the one you deleted

Now, I managed to delete the AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter, however, when re-adding it and attempting to enter the IP address, all I get is continual = with no way to stop it and enter the IP. I ended up having to shut off my computer as I could not exit VMware. Now, upon running DIS in VM ware, DIS no longer loads completely. Instead of the main page once loaded, I get a black screen. I'm sure its from having deleted the AMD PCNet-PC1 Adapter and failing to install the new one.

I was going to attempt to reinstall DIS from the iso, but I noticed the = key still acts like someone is holding it down. I can't continue until I get this fixed. Anyone have a suggestion? This is only occurring in VMware, is does not occur in WinXP.
    After assigning TCPIP address of 192.168.68.30 to new card that exists on your machine, relink and rebuild kernel by answering y to prompts.
    After quitting the admin and you are at the hash mark prompt: type init 0 to shutdown SCO. Be patient, it can take up to 2 min for this to occur.
    Don't forget to edit Host file on both machines.
    Also, make sure in VMWare that network card IP's match Host Only and NAT designations that are in Windows and SCO.

Cheers,
    Terry

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I cannot get my VM to boot from the Easy DIS v44.nrg file. I have tried mounting it with PowerISO, saving it as an ISO and mounting that, and even burned it to a CD. Still nothing.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ac427 View Post
    I cannot get my VM to boot from the Easy DIS v44.nrg file. I have tried mounting it with PowerISO, saving it as an ISO and mounting that, and even burned it to a CD. Still nothing.
    PowerISO misses something in the conversion of the .NRG image, the resultant .ISO is not bootable. I couldn't use v3 of Daemon Tools with Windows 7 but v5.1 worked ok

My Cars
    BMW M3 97 EURO
    Hey guys! First post for me here.
    I got INPA running 100% and it works with my car, and easyDIS is installed and passing the API test.
    Im using ADS interface, so Fister protocol. However my VM is set to run, and will not pass API test without this.
    But yes, the API test passes, but I cant connect to my car. It says something is wrong with the voltage even though INPA connects without a problem.
    I have not yet tried with a battery charger attached, but would this be necessary?
    Any tips would be much appreciated.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure you have any firewalls and antivirus software disabled, you need to have vm set to not run and be able to pass the APITest to connect DIS to the car (make sure that the EDIABAS server has been closed and that the IFHSrv32 was started before opening DIS). The vehicle ignition needs to be switched on (i.e dash warning lights on but engine not running) and battery needs to be charged and in good condition to support communication but you should only need to keep the power supply up with a charger if you are connecting to the car for some time or are performing coding or programming functions.
    Last edited by David Mc; 03-13-2014 at 10:02 AM.

My Cars
    BMW M3 97 EURO
    So I got it passing the API test now with vm turned off. Should it work on my car now ?
    Car is some distance away, so I kind of wanna make sure.
    However, there are no bars showing on the battery and screen icon on the first menu, I dont know if this means anything?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, it means your setup is ready to connect to your car and run a diagnostic.

My Cars
    BMW M3 97 EURO
    Im having this really weird problem!
    The API test will pass half the time, and the other half I will get the 0009-: TIMEOUT error.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Last edited by hurdur; 03-18-2014 at 12:21 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure you have all the latest Microsoft NET updates, that Fister is set as translator, vm is off, nsw & dsm are on and that VMNet1 has the correct IP address.

My Cars
    Bmw e46 2000
    Hi guys.
    Sorry to bother you, I hoped that I dont need to do this, but I need your guidance.
    I installed Inpa (working 90% - testing ok, OBD ok, deletion errors ok), and DIS 44 (after 5 days of work to gather all the details correct) working 100%, but it dosent recognize my car. (Aspi test is not working ....).
    I made some screenshots to make your life a little easier.

Thank's

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Unless you are using a Yellow DK diagnostic head, I don't know why you are using a diaghead emulator. Youl need to reconfigure your DIS installation - email me at swrfmaker (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I have always wondered why the DIS VM get configured with 3 network cards when only one is used ?

- - - Updated - - -

DIS cannot perform the Vanos test. It runs and can clear fault codes but when i select the Vanos test it just wait forever and then comes back with an error about the B+ line and the DME relay.

Has anyone else has this?
    Last edited by ac427; 04-13-2014 at 08:00 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 530da Touring 2003
    Hi,

I just finished installing Easy Dis v44 base, and the gt1 software on a new vm machine. Everything was working fine after the installation of both discs. But somewhere in the process of configuring everything, something happend.
    When the machine has started, the mouse pointer shows up, but the background is black, only thing i see is the mouse pointer. I am able to move it around.

I was about to give up, so i clicked everywhere on the screen very fast, and suddenly i got the picture and everything was fine. I was then able to run the api test, everything looked out to work perfect.

My only problem is the black screen when started up.. Anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Regards
    Fredrik

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Don't worry about it, take a snapshot of your working installation using the vm dropdown menu and this will create a restore point to the working machine. In the unlikely event that it ever happens again, you can always revert to your saved snapshot. When you exit DIS it will automatically update itself to the last installation settings, so it should not happen again.

My Cars
    BMW 530da Touring 2003
    But isnt that to late now that its not working as it should? Should i done that before starting the configuration?

When i was half way through the configuration, after a restart of the machine it just flashed white after it had started, and a houreglass appeared and didappesred everytime it flashed. But then it started to be only black background.
    Last edited by Alpejohn; 04-14-2014 at 02:47 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you have the DIS home screen up now and can pass the APITest, you can take a snapshot and it will capture the installation that you are looking at. When you close DIS, it will automatically update itself (assuming that you close it correctly by navigating to the configure-matic main menu and shutting it down using menu option 0.)

My Cars
    BMW 530da Touring 2003
    Well, thats the problem :P The machine starts, and i think the homescreen is there, as the mouse pointer shows up, but all is black, no buttons or anything.. :/

Edit;
    I have a dis v57 machine that was alredy made, this worked fine yesterday, but now it also started up and i got a black screen with only the cursor/mouse pointer showing.

Like in this pic:
    Last edited by Alpejohn; 04-14-2014 at 05:32 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Try setting it up again.

My Cars
    BMW 530da Touring 2003
    Oh, all the work! :P Will try to install vmware 7 again, if that doesnt help i will set it up again.

Thanks for your time!

Regards
    Fredrik

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You have email that may save you a fair bit of work.

My Cars
    1998 318I
    What software do in need to do simple troubleshooting on a E70. I just want to retrieve and reset codes and read problems.

I have a cable that I modified (I de-solderered wires 7&8 and installed a switch) I just need to know what software (and version) to use. And where can I download it?

Thanks for you help.
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 04-24-2014 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Remove link

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast