Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    2007 325D
    Just to confirm: That means that I'm able to read errors (INPA) and code (NCSExpert) the car but I can't work with DIS with the cable I have because NSCExpert and INPA are using other protocols than DIS? Sorry but I'm a little bit confused as I thought if I can code and read errors I also will be able to use DIS... F..k!!!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Check the build date of your car on the tag under the hood. If you can read errors, you must have established communication with the diagnostic bus via KCAN.

My Cars
    2007 325D
    Hi Guys, I just wanted to let you know that I successfully could connect DIS with my car! As I have a 325D and DIS v44 don't has this model I have had to use v57.
    FYI: my car is definitly from 06/2007 and has KCAN!!! Thanks for your help!!

Does anybody know how I can force dpf regeneration in DIS without having an error? I tried to use "Enable regeneration", "Request regeneration" and "status regeneration" but nothing happenend on the next drive...

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

need help coding

I'm using EasyDIS to code my car to lock the doors automatically after "start off". I have done this before on my car with a different computer and it worked. But several months ago, the setting was lost after getting it serviced at an indy. Since then I got a new computer and reinstalled the software on that computer. Anyway I tried replicating what I did, but can't get the settings to save. I basically did the same coding steps as before which match Ms. Vegas' instructions.

After I made the selection though and returned to the menu to save my selection it does not even recognize that I made a selection - a message pops up telling me that I must make a selection. I went through the steps a few times and each time got the same result.

I even tried making other selections besides the door lock and did get the message asking if I wanted to set the vehicle with the specified parameters, but after switching the ignition off & on again , then clicking yes, it still did not take the change.

What gives?
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible
    Hi guys,

Wow this is a huge thread.

I'm embarking on a mission to install DIS. I want to do two things, retrofit a few items to an R52 mini cooper, and reset a service interval on my 2008 E83 xdrive module. Neither of these are possible with INPA, especially the latter must be done with DIS.

Since I want coding too, I'm going for V44. I am already equipped with INPA with K+DCAN cable which I needed for the X3 for NCS. My question is that the INPA install installed V6.4.3 for the K+DCAN cable.

Will installing V44 need me to dismantle my nice working INPA install?

My Cars
    2013 ///M3 coupe
    WOW!!! I don't think my laptop could handle all of that lol!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Installing DIS will have no effect on your INPA installation, however DIS v44 will not contain the necessary definition files for your 2008 car. DIS v57 was released in 2007 and may have the files you require.

My Cars
    No
    Install VMWare Workstation version 6 using default parameters during setup
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 03-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 530I
    Hello fellow members, I just bought a IBM Thinkpad T61 and would like to get ahold the software to load Easy DIS v44 so that I can code my E38, can anyone help me with a link to the software? As i now have a T30 that was bought from another member but this thing is just SLOW, so wanting to get the T61 up & running then going to sell just the T30 laptop. I have read threads but I haven't seen any that point you to where you can get the necessary software. Any help would be great!

My Cars
    '66 DVC '95 325ic
    I've installed and tested INPA with ADS. This setup appears to be working as I can connect to some modules in my 95 325i. I also have DIS installed as per the instructions.
    My problem is that I cannot get DIS to connect to the diagnostic head. I'm not sure what the problem is.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure that the Ediabas Server, which opens automatically when you start INPA is closed, then start the IFHSrv32 before you start DIS. I am assuming that you have correctly modified INPA.ini and can pass the APItest.

My Cars
    '66 DVC '95 325ic
    I started IFHSrv32 before DIS. I have modified the EDIABAS.INI with the correct address and port numbers. I have not seen reference to INPA.ini. Did you mean EDIABAS?
    I haven't found instructions on running APItest. Which option should be run? The names of the tests don't tell me what they do, and they are in german.

edit: If I see the german page the test was successful? Yes? I do see the page in german so I assume its good.

edit 2: Sorry false alarm. The software is working. I was trying to do an advanced feature not supported (before trying the basic stuff )
    Last edited by fuggle; 04-15-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Hey Everyone. First off, my vehicle is a 2001 X5 (e53).I know this thread is about DIS install, but I just have a question about INPA. I have it installed on my computer and I can communicate with the engine module with no problems at all. I can see the live data of the engine, read error memory, and do whatever I need to there, but I cannot communicate with the other modules at all. I just get an error that tells me there is no response from that particular module. Also, when I turn on the ignition, the dot turns black, if that helps any. I was wondering if it could be my cable or is there a problem with my software install. I'm leaning toward the cable. The cable I got is a K + DCAN INPA compatible USB cable from ebay that should work according to what I've read. Any help or ideas to test this cable somehow would be much appreciated. Thanks.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by jfclk33 View Post
    Hey Everyone. First off, my vehicle is a 2001 X5 (e53).I know this thread is about DIS install, but I just have a question about INPA. I have it installed on my computer and I can communicate with the engine module with no problems at all. I can see the live data of the engine, read error memory, and do whatever I need to there, but I cannot communicate with the other modules at all. I just get an error that tells me there is no response from that particular module. Also, when I turn on the ignition, the dot turns black, if that helps any. I was wondering if it could be my cable or is there a problem with my software install. I'm leaning toward the cable. The cable I got is a K + DCAN INPA compatible USB cable from ebay that should work according to what I've read. Any help or ideas to test this cable somehow would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Where are you plugging your cable? Might have to plug it under hood. The dot is supposed to turn black.

Sent from my iPad using BF.com

Thanks for your quick reply. Yep, I figured the dot was supposed to turn black. I just didn't know if that might help rule out the cable being my problem. I've been using the 16-pin OBD port under the dash in the cabin.

As far as plugging in under the hood goes, I can't find a 20-pin connector under there and I've read that some '01 X5's have them and some don't (maybe there was a cutoff there where they switched to only the OBD port), so I assume mine doesn't. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think so. I've searched for any documentation on where it would be, but I've only found a couple of things that suggest general locations for that port under the hood and mine isn't there. If anyone knows exactly where it would be in my vehicle, I will definitely go look again. Thanks.

Anyone else have any ideas for my problems with INPA? BTW, I've also tried to install the 5.02 upgrade, but I could't even find the e53 in that one, and I even looked under the "older models" option.

I downloaded all the software I used from here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=561237

I'm mainly looking to be able to check all the modules and read and clear codes. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

My Cars
    2012 BMW F31 330d
    Could anybody PLEASE share a working VM with easydis? I've been trying for two days to set it up now, following the instructions minutely, but the install will randomly end up with "Waiting for X server to shut down", at any random step during the install. It is driving me NUTS, and if one person could share the VM files, it would all be solved... Sigh... I HATE-HATE-HATE!!!! easyDIS setup...

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful not to interrupt each other............. I've downloaded ready-to-go-VMWare-images which does exactly the same sh*t... "Waiting for X server", over and over again... Sigh... I guess it's just easier to buy a VAG car, and get VCDS. Embarassing.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Anyone else have any ideas for my problems with INPA? BTW, I've also tried to install the 5.02 upgrade, but I could't even find the e53 in that one, and I even looked under the "older models" option.

I downloaded all the software I used from here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=561237

I'm mainly looking to be able to check all the modules and read and clear codes. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    If you are using INPA v3.01 the E53 can be chosen by selecting the F7 key. In INPA v5.0* it is the F8 key and in my custom INPA setup it is also the F8 key (labelled as X5).

Thanks David. I'll check that out.

Any ideas as to why I'm only able to read the engine and transmission modules and nothing else? Every time I try a different module, I get an error that says there was no response from that module.
    2001 X5 4.4i

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible
    Thanks David. I'll check that out.

Any ideas as to why I'm only able to read the engine and transmission modules and nothing else? Every time I try a different module, I get an error that says there was no response from that module.
    There are two electrical busses on the OBD2 socket, one for DME and gearbox, one for everything else. They are on pin 7 and 8 respectively. Normally to talk on both busses using a cheapo "VAGCOM" K Line interface you have to make a solder short between pins 7 and 8 in the adaptor. Since you have a K+DCAN cable, this should not be necessary if you followed the installation instructions on the CD to the letter,I say this because that was true for my K+DCAN cable. Perhaps someone else can chime in on what's inside a K+DCAN cable; is the short already present or does it have two independent K or DCAN transceivers?
    Last edited by Joylove; 05-01-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joylove View Post
    There are two electrical busses on the OBD2 socket, one for DME and gearbox, one for everything else. They are on pin 7 and 8 respectively. Normally to talk on both busses using a cheapo "VAGCOM" K Line interface you have to make a solder short between pins 7 and 8 in the adaptor. Since you have a K+DCAN cable, this should not be necessary if you followed the installation instructions on the CD to the letter,I say this because that was true for my K+DCAN cable. Perhaps someone else can chime in on what's inside a K+DCAN cable; is the short already present or does it have two independent K or DCAN transceivers?
    I have taken my plug apart at the OBD end and there is definitely nothing attached to pin 8. I can see the pad on the board and there are no traces at all going to that pin.

Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in here. It would be nice if that's all it is since that's an easy fix.
    2001 X5 4.4i

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible

I took the adapter apart, not the port in the car. I was under the impression that if I bought a K + DCAN cable I shouldn't have to jumper pins 7+8 together?

I don't believe there is a 20 pin plug under the hood. If there is, than they did a really good job of hiding it.
    2001 X5 4.4i

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible
    If you have a post 2000ish E53 then you shouldn't have the port under the hood. If pin 8 is occupied in the car then you don't have the port under the hood. I misunderstood your post.

For the adaptor, which one did you buy? Nevertheless, if pin 8 isn't connected then it's not gonna talk to the other modules. Short the pins. You don't need DCAN on an E53. Z4 and E83 post 2007ish [N52 engine] were the first iBus cars to need it and only then for the DME with INPA.
    Last edited by Joylove; 05-01-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joylove View Post
    If you have a post 2000ish E53 then you shouldn't have the port under the hood. If pin 8 is occupied in the car then you don't have the port under the hood. I misunderstood your post.

For the adaptor, which one did you buy? Nevertheless, if pin 8 isn't connected then it's not gonna talk to the other modules. Short the pins. You don't need DCAN on an E53. Z4 and E83 post 2007ish [N52 engine] were the first iBus cars to need it and only then for the DME with INPA.
    It is a 2001 X5. I'll try shorting those pins together on my cable and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
    2001 X5 4.4i

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast