Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you have installed DIS on an EasyDIS base, set translator to Fister and configured processes so that vm is set to not run, the free diagnostic head screen will not be used. This is only used when using a yellow DK or OPPS head with a diaghead emulator program.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iA
    Thanks David, that cleared it up.

EDIT: Sorry for all the questions I've been asking on this forum but I've noticed a newer version of EDIABAS (7.02) floating around. Would upgrading to that version cause any conflicts with DIS/GT1 not working? Or should I just stick with the one on the 4shared site?
    Last edited by jfisher007; 01-11-2011 at 08:51 PM.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    You want INPA 3.0x for E38. Heard troubles of some goofy files in INPA 5.x
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iA
    Is that the INPA found at the 4shared site or is it somewhere else?

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    It is.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iA
    Thanks Iceman, I've reinstalled INPA/EDIABAS to the one posted on the 4shared site in the NCS folder. It's ready for testing once my cables arrive. Since you have the same year and model of car as I do, how is this setup working for you (INPA/EDIABAS and DIS/GT1 v44)? Auto-detect works? Ignition and battery are being recognized?

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    My interface needs the modification for Igntion/battery detection. I wont read them via serial port.

But.....does when used with a Belkin F5U109 USB.

BTW..works fine w/o the mod.

Some of these interfaces work perfect, others not...seems to be hit or miss.

My Cars
    323iSE
    First time poster, so not sure if I should post here but here goes......
    Firstly, many thanks to the very helpful posts on here and the many hours DavidMc, Iceman and Randomy must have devoted to both the forum and there own personal setups I must say a big thank you for all the hard work...THANK YOU!

Will my E36 comm thru ADS (car requires ADS to comm to all modules, verifed PIN 15) via USB to serial(Prolific PL-2303) to DIS v44, or is it haul the full PC out to the car with true com port comfigured as COM1, I/O 03F8 - 03FF, IRQ 4.
    Cheers time for a cold one...
    Caenen
    Last edited by caenen; 01-13-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: additonal hardware information

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Get your wheelbarrow. ADS only works 100% with true serial.

My Cars
    323iSE
    Thanks David, thats what I was expecting just wanted to confirm. Thanks again for all your hard work.

My Cars
    2002 e46 m3
    hey guys. just joined the forum. first post. hope you wouldnt mind helping me.
    ive got a copy of gt1/easydis. you will have to bear with me im very new to this.

i installed all the software like the walkthru said, i had a problem where i got stuck at a screen where it said sizing memory and then lots of dots. i restarted the install by remounting the 2 programs and it worked and i installed the dis. everything was all good until i shut the vmware down. i changed the boot order back from booting from the cd to the original settings. now the dis wont start up, it just comes up with the sizing memory and lots of dots. i changed the order again so it would boot from the cd but that doesnt make any difference.

just wondered if anyone has had this problem and if anyone knows the solution.

really hope someone can help cos this is driving me crazy, and also my girlfriend cos i cant seem to put the laptop down!! lol

you will have to explain it like im a child cos im way out of my depth here!! lol

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Try doing the install without changing the boot order. I have not needed to do that step.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    323iSE
    during vmware setup you did select 'to allocate disk space now' and 'as a single file' and allocate a minimum of 18.635GB as drive space or 20gb makes no difference just leaves a little unpartioned space on virtual machines hdd
    EDIT:
    sorted vti
    Which version of vmware you running as I had problems with install running vmware server 2
    PM for details of solution
    Last edited by caenen; 01-14-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    '03 330I (E46)

Thumbs up

Hey David,

Your probably the guy to ask so here goes. I know that there is EasyDis as well as regular Dis. The EasyDis version that I've seen is v.44 I think. Are there any other EasyDis versions out there? Also does it benefit me as an owner of a '03 330I to use EasyDis v.44 or should I try to get one of the GT1 DIS SSS version 53 or 55 or 57. So basically what I am trying to get it. Does it really make a difference on which version of whatever program I use?
    Thanks for your time.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Shatter, DIS v44 was released later than the build date for your car, so if you want to diagnose, code and program in one installation, v44 would be fine. EasyDIS was only released in a v39 and v44 version, but v44 is fine if you wish to instal DIS v57. Versions of DIS later than v44 however can only do diagnostics, so if you wish to code and program with a later version you will need to figure on installing PROGMAN as well. Personally, I would avoid using pre-cooked versions of DIS sourced from eBay and the like as you will not actually know what settings have been used and most require use of a diaghead emulator, which is just another inconvenience.

My Cars
    '03 330I (E46)
    Hey David,

First, ty for responding so fast. I hate to ask you more questions....

I have EasyDis V.44,
    The inpa/ediapas cables on the way from ebay.
    A pcmcia RS232 serial port card for my lap,
    and the carsoft interface cable on the way.

As far as I know, I have all the necessary equipment to be able to hook up to my car and pull codes, diagnose, program, etc. Right?

I will be doing a tranny auto>manual swap. Now part of the swap involves reprogramming the car. Basically telling it that it's not a manual and not an auto anymore. Will I be able to do this, and how?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    So far, I like everything but the Carsoft Interface, which in my opinion is best left for use with Carsoft. From memory you will need to reprogram the DME as a manual, I have the full procedure salted away and will dig it out and post it on the forum.

My Cars
    '03 330I (E46)
    Oh the carsoft cables are bad? Did I just waste $60 bucks. Well I thought someone mentioned that it was necessary to hook up to the car. Well ty for the DME tuning. I hope it's not to complicated. I look forward to be able to tinker with my car. Just don't want to screw it up.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Okay, I have never recoded a car from auto to manual, but to the best of my knowledge, this is the procedure

1. Read out existing ZCS values from the cluster:-
    GM: *********
    SA: *********
    VN: *********

2. Obtain or calculate the SA code for the manual transmission car (You can download a copy of BMW Decoder from the NCS folder on the 4shared site - enter your existing SA code and choose "Decode" and the options for your vehicle will be displayed. You just need to deselect the auto transmission option and replace it with the appropriate code for the transmission you are installing, then choose "Encode" to display the revised SA code,)

3. Recode the cluster with the new ZCS values (i.e. same GM and VN numbers, but revised SA code)..

4. Follow suit with ASC/DSC, EWS and GKE modules, then code DME from automatic to manual.

If anyone has more details on this procedure, perhaps we could start a new thread which could be stickied for further use.
    Last edited by David Mc; 01-15-2011 at 07:07 PM.

My Cars
    330iS
    ^Vehicles with production date from 09/2001 and forward use vehicle order (VO) instead of ZCS.

I am in the midst of a swap now with the mechanical part--coding is done already, but not quite able to fully test out driving it obviously; however, all unnecessarily lights on the cluster are out after unplugging the tranny computer and recoding all the modules just as David described. I have the full DIY except cannot confirm the last page--after the EWS-DME alignment does it actually clear the codes (recall that after pulling automatic transmission computer module, you will get a SES light because DME cannot communicate with TCM)? My vehicle production is before use of VO, so mine fully utilizes ZCS codes.

A friend of mine with production date 09/2001, observed that his steps were much different. He was shown vehicle options and did see 205, which is automatic transmission. He removed this when coding the kombi and it removed the cog. There were no ZCS codes from any of the modules he went into. The only issue is cruise control not working. We may have reason to believe the DIS v43 (not easyDIS) may not be advanced enough since for each module, it just asked whether you wanted to perform automatic programming and that was it.

So vehicles with production date of 09/2001 or later can forget about ZCS codes. I believe SSS/Progman may be able to help you or NCS Expert.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by genuity; 01-15-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: attachment

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i
    Hello fellas....I have a few questions of my own and I'm a newbie myself. I'm trying to get progman V31 to work with progman V38 files for an E60 06/05 build. I have the Yellow DK tool that was being detected at one point. However, when I installed changes.iso, it stopped recognizing it. Will this yellow DK tool work with Progman? if not...what cables/software do I need?

Thanks to everyone for all your time and help...these forums really make a difference since info on this is scarce...

My Cars
    '03 330I (E46)
    Thanks David and Genunity,

Sorry OP for hi-jacking the thread. I know that's a no-no in the forums world. My fault. I still have more questions but I will post elsewhere. Once again ty to everyone who helped.

My Cars
    E46 M/332i x 2; F87 M2C
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter Star View Post
    Hey David,

First, ty for responding so fast. I hate to ask you more questions....

I have EasyDis V.44,
    The inpa/ediapas cables on the way from ebay.
    A pcmcia RS232 serial port card for my lap,
    and the carsoft interface cable on the way.

As far as I know, I have all the necessary equipment to be able to hook up to my car and pull codes, diagnose, program, etc. Right?

I will be doing a tranny auto>manual swap. Now part of the swap involves reprogramming the car. Basically telling it that it's not a manual and not an auto anymore. Will I be able to do this, and how?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Okay, I have never recoded a car from auto to manual, but to the best of my knowledge, this is the procedure

1. Read out existing ZCS values from the cluster:-
    GM: *********
    SA: *********
    VN: *********

2. Obtain or calculate the SA code for the manual transmission car (You can download a copy of BMW Decoder from the NCS folder on the 4shared site - enter your existing SA code and choose "Decode" and the options for your vehicle will be displayed. You just need to deselect the auto transmission option and replace it with the appropriate code for the transmission you are installing, then choose "Encode" to display the revised SA code,)

3. Recode the cluster with the new ZCS values (i.e. same GM and VN numbers, but revised SA code)..

4. Follow suit with ASC/DSC, EWS and GKE modules, then code DME from automatic to manual.

If anyone has more details on this procedure, perhaps we could start a new thread which could be stickied for further use.
    Yes, I did it a few weeks ago on an E46 323ci and it works.

The two main things to do are:
    1. Write new ZCS values
    2. Recode DME

You can write the new ZCS values using DIS or NCS Expert. I chose to use the latter, but after recoding the DME, I used SSS/Progman (E34 mode) to recode all modules to make sure the options were set correctly.

As genuity noted above, ZCS was discontinued, so the procedure will be different for newer cars. I believe a procedure similar to the one I used will work for cars with VO, with the difference being how you subtract the option codes.
    Last edited by cyberkaa; 01-16-2011 at 03:50 AM.
    -Kalim
    (klx photo studio)

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
    KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

My Cars
    2002 e46 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by caenen View Post
    during vmware setup you did select 'to allocate disk space now' and 'as a single file' and allocate a minimum of 18.635GB as drive space or 20gb makes no difference just leaves a little unpartioned space on virtual machines hdd
    EDIT:
    sorted vti
    Which version of vmware you running as I had problems with install running vmware server 2
    PM for details of solution
    I done everything that the walkthru told me to do.
    I'm not sure. I'm not on my laptop at the moment. 6 rings a bell tho.
    I got it to work again over the weekend but it all came up in German for some reason. I shut it down again and now it won't start up.

With this program, do u have to run it thru vmware all the time?
    Do I have to do something so I can revert back to it after I've shut it down?

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    Does anyone have the links to all of the places for downloads to get the GT1 software and all of the other ones you need?

Thanks in advance

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast