Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you do not have a genuine (not a Chinese knock-off) Siemens yellow DK head, you will need to install INPA/EDIABAS. If you are basing a DIS installation on EasyDIS, you will not need to run a Diaghead Emulator.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    You need to install EBIABAS, as thats the protocol language that DIS uses.

It comes in a suite of tools that include INPA.

EDIT..oops I didnt turn pages to see Davids Reply.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2004 x5 3.0, 1998 328ic
    got my cable today. I can diagnose like a champ, but I cant program. Says it cant read my module. Any thoughts?

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    I got this all working today. Thanks to Randomy, David Mc & IcemanBHE for all their posts on this topic. They were really helpful, I had a bit of difficulty with getting past the API test but I got there in the end. I am using a Carsoft 6.1 Interface with this & it works. The interface also works with INPA 5.02.

To overcome the difficulty with Api test was mainly down to a few missing steps from Randomy's guide that were in David Mc guide. Can I suggest that this post here in the Carsoft cable with INPA and CarSoft be ammended to include the information from page 4 & page 5 the "READ THIS FIRST" document about deleting the default AMD PCNet PC1 adapter (not the loop adapter) in the SCOadmin network, and recreating it as per the procedure in the pdf document.
    That resolved the Api test issue for me.

Also of note is that I am running a different version of Ediabas on the PC itself (Ediabas 6.4.7) & on the Virtual (VMWare) machine (Ediabas 6.4.3). It doesn't seem to be an issue. I am using IPNA 5.02 too.
    I also noticed that I had issues when I set RemoteHost to 192.168.68.1, I just reset it back to RemoteHost = OPPS in the copy of the Ediabas on my c:/ediabas/bin folder. Now I have no issue using the interface with either Carsoft/INPA/DIS/GT1 without any need to change anything. Of course I still have to run a diag in Carsoft first before I use any of the rest of the tools but hey that's just they way it is!

I have ordered an INPA interface via Ebay from here, it was billed as a BMW Ediabas/INPA OBDII Interface Can I or do I need to modify this to recognise the battery & ignition?

Two nice things to fix:
    1. It would be great not to have to run Carsoft first
    2. Being able to auto-detect the car model when coding & diagnosing via Easy DIS.
    (I hope INPA interface resolves these)

Finally anyone else find DIS slow after clicking sometimes?

A set up that works:
    Dell D610 Lattitude: 1.6Ghz processor ,2Gb RAM, 40GHz HDD
    Windows XP SP3
    VM Ware 7.1.2 build-301548
    IPNA 5.02
    Easy DISv44
    GT1 v44
    Local Ediabas 6.4.7
    Virtual Ediabas 6.4.3
    Carsoft 6.5 SP1
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    -00 BMW 740
    I have now installed DIS 44,55,57 with BMW Diagnostic Head Emulator and working fine. I used Deamon tools lite for mounting nrg and iso set to F: .
    I didn’t have to change boot order in bios, it worked anyway.
    In VMware I increased memory to 1000mb, an disk to 18.635GB, I used only one network adaptor set to VMnet 1 (Host only).
    After complete install of DIS I changed to FISTER translator in 3 Configure Protocol Translator and after that removed and installed new PCnet-PCI Adapter set with 192.168.68.30 in 7 SCOADMIN NETWORK. I have to use 0 Shutdown DIS to have a succeed APITEST.
    I restarted GT1 from VMware and at the same time started IFHsrv32 and BMW Diagnostic Head Emulator.
    Then I setup Operating Unit (gt1ap) under System to 192.168.68.30, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.68.1.
    After this I preformed connection setup and connected 192.168.68.1 head.
    DIS tested on my 740 E38 -00 and worked perfect.

I hope this is a help to others in this forum.

Regards

Have anybody tryed DIS 55 or 57, in my version of DIS the Coding/program button is not working.
    In DIS 44 it´s working.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I got this all working today. Thanks to Randomy, David Mc & IcemanBHE for all their posts on this topic. They were really helpful, I had a bit of difficulty with getting past the API test but I got there in the end. I am using a Carsoft 6.1 Interface with this & it works. The interface also works with INPA 5.02.

To overcome the difficulty with Api test was mainly down to a few missing steps from Randomy's guide that were in David Mc guide. Can I suggest that this post here in the Carsoft cable with INPA and CarSoft be ammended to include the information from page 4 & page 5 the "READ THIS FIRST" document about deleting the default AMD PCNet PC1 adapter (not the loop adapter) in the SCOadmin network, and recreating it as per the procedure in the pdf document.
    That resolved the Api test issue for me.

Also of note is that I am running a different version of Ediabas on the PC itself (Ediabas 6.4.7) & on the Virtual (VMWare) machine (Ediabas 6.4.3). It doesn't seem to be an issue. I am using IPNA 5.02 too.
    I also noticed that I had issues when I set RemoteHost to 192.168.68.1, I just reset it back to RemoteHost = OPPS in the copy of the Ediabas on my c:/ediabas/bin folder. Now I have no issue using the interface with either Carsoft/INPA/DIS/GT1 without any need to change anything. Of course I still have to run a diag in Carsoft first before I use any of the rest of the tools but hey that's just they way it is!

I have ordered an INPA interface via Ebay from here, it was billed as a BMW Ediabas/INPA OBDII Interface Can I or do I need to modify this to recognise the battery & ignition?

Two nice things to fix:
    1. It would be great not to have to run Carsoft first
    2. Being able to auto-detect the car model when coding & diagnosing via Easy DIS.

Finally anyone else find DIS slow after clicking sometimes?

A set up that works:
    Dell D610 Lattitude: 1.6Ghz processor ,2Gb RAM, 40GHz HDD
    Windows XP SP3
    VM Ware 7.1.2 build-301548
    IPNA 5.02
    Easy DISv44
    GT1 v44
    Local Ediabas 6.4.7
    Virtual Ediabas 6.4.3
    Carsoft 6.5 SP1
    You dont need Carsoft with Inpa interface
    Last edited by BMW740IM; 11-02-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 325i
    Ok, so judging by the post above me, and many of these other threads, if i just want to be able to reset airbag lights or be able to change some of the programmable settings (DRL, windows up/down, etc), i should be able to get by with:

Windows7 64bit with VMware 7.1, XP 32bit
    easyDIS
    This cable: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...motiveQ5fTools
    bundled with the proven Belkin USB to serial cable?

Thanks everybody, for all the work that has been put in to this!

My Cars
    2001 530iA
    Hello, i come from Germany; although this circumstance nearly everything is working.
    My system: Windows 7;
    Inpa is running on Windows XP (VMWare) and everything ist okay.
    Dis runs also fine and the diaghead is recognized by dis, but the IP doesn't match; it is 192.168.68.133;
    I also fail the Apitest (Timeout). My connection cable is from do-it-auto (i had no problems with inpa with this cable) and it is connected via usb.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9117/hosts.gif

Has someone an idea, what the problem could be. Since two days i'm working to get this fit but it won't work :-(

Edit:problem solbed...i took the ip's from the diaghead emulator and changed them in gt1
    Last edited by Roby87; 11-16-2010 at 02:01 PM.

My Cars
    2003 745li
    Thanks to anyone that might listen. I have been fighting this installation and get various errors. The latest is a popup on the Virtual Machine Wizard. It says it could not detect which operating system is in the disc image. What disk (name) will resolve this?
    I've downloaded so many .rars and made so many disk I'm getting confused. Thanks

My Cars
    BMW
    Great Work, Thank You very much Bro.

My Cars
    BMW E61 535d 2005
    I have WM 6.0.3 and I was using DIS 44 without any problem, just updated to DIS 57 (SSS still waiting) but I can't see the diagnostic head (INPA), I have tried so many changing of the network setting, but nothing help.

I'm using XP and IBM T30, in some point I was able to see the head, but it didn't worked.

any idea?

I was able to find connection between VMware Nwtwork adapter 1 and DIS, if I use IP address 192.168.68.1 under the ADMINISTRATION/ADMIN/CONNECTION SETUP I can see the diagnostic head with the same name as computer name and IP address from VNET1, when I click on connecting it says:
    "The IP address of the selected diagnostic head is also entered under the name

diaghead

in the system. Each IP address may only be allocated once. Rectify the address conflict in the relevant configuration mask"

I have tried to change computer name to diaghead (don't laugh, I'm desperate), but it was the same.
    I have also tried to change the IP to 192.168.68.2 this tried to connected but after some time it said connection can't be made.

any help please?

My Cars
    528, E53 4.4, E92, F86
    I've been using Carsoft interface with EasyDISv44 and got tired of always having to run carsoft before DIS. And Carsoft interface would detect only a couple of modules on my '05 X5 although it worked great on my E39 but no ignition/battery detection though.
    So I purchased this INPA interface item 200522073202 on Ebay from HongKong http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200522073202&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT for only $39 with free shipping. It arrived and it's working like a charm on my X5 and E39. All applicable modules are fully detected and the cars are automatically detected.
    I'm running DIS on vmware 6.5 with windows7 (32bit). The notebook has a built-in com1 port (Dell Latitude D830).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by E39Only; 12-19-2010 at 12:26 PM.

My Cars
    528, E53 4.4, E92, F86
    Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    Ok, so judging by the post above me, and many of these other threads, if i just want to be able to reset airbag lights or be able to change some of the programmable settings (DRL, windows up/down, etc), i should be able to get by with:

Windows7 64bit with VMware 7.1, XP 32bit
    easyDIS
    This cable: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-BMW-Ediabas-INPA-OBDII-Interface-100-compatible-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b1d64d57QQitemZ17048 7336279QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools
    bundled with the proven Belkin USB to serial cable?

Thanks everybody, for all the work that has been put in to this!
    I don't see why it would not work although you don't need to install xp on vmware. My setup is EasyDISv44 installed directly on vmware6.5 running on windows7-32bit notebook with a real com1 port.

My Cars
    Look at sig
    Nevermind... added the delay and seems to work right now. Let's keep going
    Last edited by Milla; 12-26-2010 at 02:04 PM.

[ 1995 Alpine White Coupe M3 Track Build | 1997 Techno Violet M3/4/5 | 2000 Imola Red M5 DINAN S1 | 2001 Phoenix Yellow M3 | 2009 Blue Water 335d ]

|-| I run the largest active group of BMWs in the area, join me at Central Florida BMW Owners |-|

INSTAGRAM/Millakins | FACEBOOK/milla.bimmer

___ NURPLE ___ M3PO ___ M CINQUE ___

My Cars
    2001 325i
    OK, having a little (hopefully basic) trouble communicating with my car using DIS. here is my setup:

VMware 7.1.2 running easyDIS v44
    Windows 7 64bit with EDIABAS and INPA5.00
    Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial
    And these exact cables:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-E...motiveQ5fTools

So, how do I go about running what I need to to be able to communicate? The cables came with a mini-disk that looks to have nothing but EDIABAS and INPA programs in rar files, so I don't think those actually came with drivers.

I've tried just running INPA from my desktop on my machine with the F5U409 and cables plugged in with the car in accessory, but no communcation.

Tried running DIS in VMware with the EDIABAS server running as well, but it doesn't give me the option to disconnect the usb to serial from the host and connect it to the machine, so i'm not sure what to do.

any help? thanks!

My Cars
    2001 325i
    Just saw this thread! Wow! Cant believe i didnt see this sooner.
    I just installed DIS and GT1 and now I need to find a cable that will work.
    Any suggestions?

My Cars
    2001 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by billlikecar View Post
    thank you for share this useful things, it will help me lot.i just bought gt1 dis yesterday in a eshop called eobd2.com, and i didn't use it, now i can follow step by step...haha...thank you thank you
    you know you could of downloaded it for free right?

My Cars
    2004 E46 320D
    I have tried to install the DIS on a VM using the do it guide here. But when i try to boot up and start the this i got stuck on this screen

What have i done wrong ?

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by kneescrap View Post
    I have tried to install the DIS on a VM using the do it guide here. But when i try to boot up and start the this i got stuck on this screen

What have i done wrong ?
    You did nothing wrong, you only have to wait about 5 or 10 min (depends on how fast your pc is) till the system starts up. Just wait.

My Cars
    2004 E46 320D
    I have waited for maybe 2 hours or more. i have tried to rebooted it but nothing hapends. the pc is a 2,2 ghz processor and 4 gb ram. I have tried to run different RAM options on the WM 256, 512 and 1024. nothing helps

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    I think you should start the install from scratch again (the Virtual Machine bit). My v44 stopped at a blank black screen & I believe I will have to do the same. Although I'm not too concerned as I have v57 & Progman working.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    2004 E46 320D
    ok thanks. First of all i have to get my serial port to work :/ i think i maybe would by an expresscard with a serial port instead om the USB-->serial cable.. that don't seem to work at all...

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by kneescrap View Post
    ok thanks. First of all i have to get my serial port to work :/ i think i maybe would by an expresscard with a serial port instead om the USB-->serial cable.. that don't seem to work at all...
    If you want to use an interface for your E46 I would go for the modified VAG-cable, best usb cable, works perfect for the E46 models.

My Cars
    2004 E46 320D
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer187 View Post
    If you want to use an interface for your E46 I would go for the modified VAG-cable, best usb cable, works perfect for the E46 models.
    Do you think it's better to use a computer with COM ? or don't you think my cabels are working at all with the e46 ? it is this cable i use by the way

My Cars
    EX E46,NOW E60 3.0dA
    I have instaled but at the begining it says that the battery has uder x voltage?Is it normal?Olso INPA it doesn't working and i canno't fiind the obd.ini file,it doesen't exist on ediabas/bin.Some tips ,pls...
    Last edited by KATHALIN; 01-11-2011 at 02:04 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iA
    I am waiting for my INPA/EDIABAS Interface cables to arrive. In the meantime, I installed EasyDIS v44 and INPA/EDIABAS. Everything seems to work, I passed the API Test but I do have one question, should I be seeing something in the Free Diagnostics Head box or will something appear there when I connect the interface to the car? I noticed that some posts show that they have something displayed there, I want to make sure if I should too.
    Thanks

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast