Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install DIS w/ EasyDIS v44 step-by-step

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    i didn't have to delete my image when i added the delay, just restarted the VM. YMMV.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    that happened to me. I'd say read the instructions again. Did you get to the bios menu? adding in the startup delay may help. The instructions are excellent with the exception of the omission of the startup delay part.

That was happening to me when i tried to skip doing the BIOS startup order change thingy because i couldn't get it to go to the BIOS. Once I put the delay in there i got it and everything was smooth from there on out.

If you got to the black screen, you prolly missed the bios part. If you don't have the delay in there, it goes by very quick. you have to mouse click in the window and then press F2 while that startup screen is up, which goes by so fast you don't even have time to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZM3CSL View Post
    OPEY

What's happening to you happened to me when I first to create the VM image.

You'll need to delete the original VM disk image and start again and put in the BIOS delay described earlier to get into the BIOS screen.

There's 2 ways to get into the BIOS screen, F2 and ESC - I find F2 lot easier to use. But input the BIOS screen delay first, otherwise it's almost impossible to get into it.

I am re-creating my VM image again will report back if it works.

I've tried STUPIDGUY's DIS v55 with v44 Coding image and it works with the ebay yellow head fine, but it runs a little bit slow for some reason.

Anybody know how he set that image up for it to work with the ebay yellow head? I've tried to ask him but haven't gotten a satisfactory reply yet.
    problem is, im not getting ANY text when i start it up, and im trying to click and hit f2 instantly and it does nothing. as for adding the delay, im not seeing that file in the folder with the settings

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    If FUNK = Yellowhead...

WTH is EDIC? I thought that was a Yellowhead....

and EDICC?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    Quote Originally Posted by OPEY View Post
    problem is, im not getting ANY text when i start it up, and im trying to click and hit f2 instantly and it does nothing. as for adding the delay, im not seeing that file in the folder with the settings
    Yep like I said ... delete that image you've got now - it's worthless now unless you know how to get it to reboot again properly (I don't as I have zero clue about UNIX). Start over and change the BIOS screen delay FIRST!! then run the VM Machine again and hit F2 - you'll get into BIOS and do the necessary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    i didn't have to delete my image when i added the delay, just restarted the VM. YMMV.
    I tried that when I first started and it didn't work ... so I deleted it and started again with the BIOS screen delay before it would boot properly.
    Last edited by NZM3CSL; 07-29-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    i dont know why, but i cant get it to work.. i figured out which file to modify for the delay and did that, but its still not working out.. im going to just format my laptop and start clean and hopefully it will work out. ive been meaning to format it anyway

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Try manually specifying the hardware virtualization mode. Mine wouldn't boot after the first time until I set that to "Intel VT-X or AMD-V"

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Try manually specifying the hardware virtualization mode. Mine wouldn't boot after the first time until I set that to "Intel VT-X or AMD-V"
    where do u do that?

edit: i think i have progress now... instead of choosing typical when setting up a new VM, i put custom, and the options finally came up in the same order exactly like the instructions, AND it is actually creating a disc (where it said "have a smoke" lol), which it never did before.. i hope this is it

edit 2: still no good...
    Last edited by OPEY; 07-30-2010 at 12:32 AM.

My Cars
    M3 CSL
    Did you click into the VM machine screen (i.e. the black screen when the VMware logo comes up) before you pushed F2?

If you've set BIOS delay there's no reason it won't go into BIOS - you just have to make sure you set BIOS delay in the VM config file - without it it's almost impossible to get into BIOS.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by NZM3CSL View Post
    Did you click into the VM machine screen (i.e. the black screen when the VMware logo comes up) before you pushed F2?

If you've set BIOS delay there's no reason it won't go into BIOS - you just have to make sure you set BIOS delay in the VM config file - without it it's almost impossible to get into BIOS.
    yep ive done it... maybe its a problem with my daemon tools install, im gonna uninstall that then reinstall

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    ok check this out.. i have been trying to install this on my older laptop with win XP on it, with no luck, cant even get the VM to boot at all.. so i tried today on my win7 computer, and i got it to boot up and begin installing, but its not finishing. after it says "installation will take approx 12 minutes", after a minute or so i get "zcat: error: bad decode table" and then "install aborted check cd and dvd drive", and the drive is ejected in daemon tools

i have the drive names matched correctly, and i am using an IDE virtual drive... any thoughts?
    Last edited by OPEY; 07-31-2010 at 06:23 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    If FUNK = Yellowhead...

WTH is EDIC? I thought that was a Yellowhead....

and EDICC?
    From EDIABAS.ini:-

Interface = STD: OBD
    Description: Serial level converter (successor of ADS / connection to OBD-tin)

Interface = STD: FUNK
    Description: Radio-diagnosis of MDA interface from Siemens

Interface = ADS
    Description: Serial level converter (after diagnosis can)

Interface = KBUS
    Description: Serial level converter (connected directly to K-bus or I-Bus)

Interface = EDIC
    Description: Serial, PCMCIA, PC Card Interface by Softing

Interface = EDICC
    Description: EDIC EDIC-Card C-Card or two CAN interfaces from Softing

Interface = STD: CAN
    Description: PCMCIA CAN interface CANcardX / XL Vector of Fa

Interface = STD: ADS4MOST
    Description: Most interfaces from the company Oasis

Interface = REMOTE
    Description: Using a EDIABAS interfaces over TCP / IP

Actually, since the Chinese yellowheads use TCP/IP, the correct setting in EDIABAS.ini would be Interface = REMOTE

OPEY - Is your EasyDIS an .iso file or have you burned it to a CD. If it is a CD, forget about mounting it with DAEMONTOOLS and just let it load from your CD drive. If it is an .iso file (find out by right clicking on your EasyDIS folder and looking at Properties), the problem could be with the version of DAEMONTOOLS you are using, in this case you have the option of changing your CD drive in your vm to use an .iso disk rather than the physical drive until the program has loaded, then switching it back to your physical drive before you load the base program.
    Last edited by David Mc; 07-31-2010 at 07:22 PM.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    OPEY - Is your EasyDIS an .iso file or have you burned it to a CD. If it is a CD, forget about mounting it with DAEMONTOOLS and just let it load from your CD drive. If it is an .iso file (find out by right clicking on your EasyDIS folder and looking at Properties), the problem could be with the version of DAEMONTOOLS you are using, in this case you have the option of changing your CD drive in your vm to use an .iso disk rather than the physical drive until the program has loaded, then switching it back to your physical drive before you load the base program.
    yea its an .nrg file, not burned to a cd. its the newest version of daemon tools, straight off their website

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Since .nrg files are a special creation by Nero to allow files to be burned straight to an .iso CD, you could use that option, there is an old warning on the bmwecu.org site about versions of DaemonTools later than 3.47. You can find v3.47 in the Easy GT folder on the 4shared site.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Since .nrg files are a special creation by Nero to allow files to be burned straight to an .iso CD, you could use that option, there is an old warning on the bmwecu.org site about versions of DaemonTools later than 3.47. You can find v3.47 in the Easy GT folder on the 4shared site.
    thanks, i will try that next

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    I've got GT1 to pass the connection test but when I go to diagnose it does not auto find my model and if I manually select it, it asks me to check the voltage / ignition.

I have INPA, NCS Expert, Carsoft working without problems.

Any ideas?

Should I have the translator set to fisher? It was set for the other one and should vm be on or off?
    Last edited by fourcylfox; 08-08-2010 at 05:26 PM.

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    ^What interface? I suspect Carsoft, since you have Carsoft also...

AFAIK, You cannot autodetect with the Carsoft Interface...But it will still work fine for diagnosis and coding.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    ^What interface? I suspect Carsoft, since you have Carsoft also...

AFAIK, You cannot autodetect with the Carsoft Interface...But it will still work fine for diagnosis and coding.
    Yes carsoft, I got it working by changing the translator to fisher and turning VM off. I was able to program daytime running lights and turn off the selective unlock.

I turned on the drive away locking but it did not work when I drove away. I checked the programming and it is still set for active.

I noticed the feature for rolling the windows down using the remote but how do we enable rolling them up

Thanks for help all

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750iL

Lightbulb

Hy togehter,

i have a question i have DIS Running without problems i can make diagnosis everything.

But if i want to get "live" data ( Engine is Running) i have Problems with accessing the DME`s i get a timeout and connection error between DIS and Diaghead ?

When the engine is turned of i have no problems with accessing the DME`s.

I have the Interface (ADS) from rv8flyboy from this Froum. And i have the same Problem in INPA.

Engine off no problem engine turned on :
    None or only very slow communication between DME`s and INPA with error messages connection problem etc.

My Car:

750il E38, 06/1995

brgds

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by fourcylfox View Post
    I noticed the feature for rolling the windows down using the remote but how do we enable rolling them up

Thanks for help all
    I got it working by using NCS expert, not sure if it can be done in DIS as I think it is supposed to be disabled on all US Spec cars.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    well i finally got gt1/dis to install correctly, after i wiped out my computer and installed a fresh copy of windows xp, and using daemon tools 3.47... havent tried to connect to the car yet though, but i was having trouble getting my carsoft cables to work with inpa already..
    Last edited by OPEY; 08-09-2010 at 08:38 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    well i finally got gt1/dis to install correctly, after i wiped out my computer and installed a fresh copy of windows xp, and using daemon tools 3.47... havent tried to connect to the car yet though, but i was having trouble getting my carsoft cables to work with inpa already..
    I have to run two tests in Carsoft for my cables to connect in INPA. Usually I run the DDE test, close out, open carsoft again run DDE, close out, open INPA, and it works.

I'm not sure what is going on there but once I get connected I can turn the ignition on / off without problems as long as I don't disconnect the computer, so I am assuming it is something with my laptop / cable.

My Cars
    04 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by fourcylfox View Post
    I have to run two tests in Carsoft for my cables to connect in INPA. Usually I run the DDE test, close out, open carsoft again run DDE, close out, open INPA, and it works.

I'm not sure what is going on there but once I get connected I can turn the ignition on / off without problems as long as I don't disconnect the computer, so I am assuming it is something with my laptop / cable.
    do u have to restart your laptop with the cables connected or can u just plug them in with the computer already running with no problem?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    do u have to restart your laptop with the cables connected or can u just plug them in with the computer already running with no problem?
    I am using a serial to usb adapter and I can just connect the cables to an already running laptop. (usually just leave it in suspend mode with my programs running)

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    This is a known issue with the Carsoft interface.

It reserves the port and wont release it to INPA.

You have to hold your lips just right. On my machine, I have to diagnose a module with Carsoft, then go to hardware and adjust the FIFO settings a couple of times, then it will load into INPA.

We think this is motherboard/chipset specific as there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

My Cars
    2007 BMW E60

Smile Members Ladies and gentlemen, Good morning everyone.

I have recently joined the Forum here.
    I would like to greet all the members.

Have a good time.
    Good luck to all ....
    Thank you.

Best Regads,
    deler
    Last edited by deler; 08-16-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast