• DINAN 335i S2

16 16.33%
  • BMW M3

82 83.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DINAN 335i vs BMW M3

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Plus... you'd be short changing yourself a real true differential and the widebody stance.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    MCp, 4x4, horse
    The BMW dealership installed my Dinan blower years ago and nothing in the warranty was voided or altered. Sounds like things have changed??
    F/I'd Silver/Black MCp

(All your ///MCoupe are belong to us..)

My Cars
    2014 Porsche Cayman
    M3
    -looks better
    -Naturally Aspirated
    -bigger brakes
    -LSD
    -carbon fiber roof
    -better sound
    -upgraded interior
    -more raw

So basically the M3 comes in 5k more and is faster or just as fast as this 335i Dinan but its worth it for the things you still keep.

Rule the Bends, Bend the Rules

My Cars
    More M than your M...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Plus... you'd be short changing yourself a real true differential and the widebody stance.
    The diff is worth the price difference from the base 335i alone... from one who has driven both hard.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbryo View Post
    The BMW dealership installed my Dinan blower years ago and nothing in the warranty was voided or altered. Sounds like things have changed??
    No, you were just misled...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '99 E36 M3
    No, you were just misled...

DINAN authorized BMW Dealers will honor the warranty as though it were unmodified as long as they are the ones that provided the installation...

When it malfunctions, you bring it in to that BMW Dealership that is DINAN authorized that installed it and at their discretion, if it is a warranty issue, they will replace it cost free.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by LostVegas View Post
    DINAN authorized BMW Dealers will honor the warranty as though it were unmodified as long as they are the ones that provided the installation...

When it malfunctions, you bring it in to that BMW Dealership that is DINAN authorized that installed it and at their discretion, if it is a warranty issue, they will replace it cost free.
    Example...

"A Friend" had installation of a DINAN E36 blower at an authorized DINAN BMW dealership. Said blower malfunctions, car is brought back to the same dealership. BMW says the DINAN parts caused the problem. Warranty claim is sent to DINAN for reimbusement. DINAN denies warranty claim insisting that BMWs parts caused the problem. BMW claims DINAN parts caused the BMW parts to fail... Ring around the rosy went on for weeks before the customer ended up paying the bill just to get his car back.

My Cars
    '99 E36 M3
    Example...

"A Friend" had installation of a DINAN E36 blower at an authorized DINAN BMW dealership. Said blower malfunctions, car is brought back to the same dealership. BMW says the DINAN parts caused the problem. Warranty claim is sent to DINAN for reimbusement. DINAN denies warranty claim insisting that BMWs parts caused the problem. BMW claims DINAN parts caused the BMW parts to fail... Ring around the rosy went on for weeks before the customer ended up paying the bill just to get his car back.

Correct. That is the issue with warranty claims in this case.

If neither one wants to accept blame for it, the user is SOL..

So you should really wait until the warranty voids before modifying your vehicle.

My Cars
    MCp, 4x4, horse
    Example...

your friend went to a lousy dealership and folded like a dollar bill; mine was installed by the senior mechanic at a BMW and even though out of warranty now he still offers any and all repair or upgrade parts at his cost today. What LostVegas said was true as it was in my case, it's covered by authorized Dinan dealerships.
    F/I'd Silver/Black MCp

My Cars
    Avus M3
    In my experiences, modding a car from stock has almost always lead to problems down the line in terms of reliability. If I'm going to spend that much money on a car there is no way I'd get a modded 335 over a stock M3. Plus the stock M3 will always resale much higher than a modded 335 so you won't be getting your money back on your modifications.

Buy a 335 because you want a 335, don't buy it in the hopes of making it an M3 because you'll be wasting your money in my opinion. I feel like I can say it to all the generations of the 3 series. Especially the E36 where the M3 can be had for under $10k.

My next car is staying stock. Aside from a suspension upgrade if the suspension is worn.
    Last edited by Phore; 08-28-2009 at 12:39 PM.

My Cars
    German Civic
    The M3 would have all the intangibles that make a car truly exhilarating to drive. Power isn't everything.

My Cars
    m3, gtr
    boost junky here...so many good possibilities with that inline 6

My Cars
    2002 M3, Jeep
    M3 without a doubt.

My Cars
    2009 Alpine White M3
    I have 2009 M3 and recently bought my brother a 135I. Yes the 135I is fun to drive, but honestly it's no where near the M3. One of my good friends also has a Dinan 335I and recently drove it. It's not comparable again. The M3 is in it's own class. Even the video said it, ".. compared to Big Brother." The 335 can try all he wants, but it will never be an M3.

My Cars
    '02 325i
    always vote for the M3, I have an e46 Dinan M3 and recently assembled a dinan 135 and yeah it was quick but didnt have that edge and bite that my e46 m3 does.

My Cars
    MCp, 4x4, horse
    The inline 6'ers are tough little boxes and the centrifugal blowers operate mostly in a vacuum or low pressure state which isn't a problem in terms of engine reliability. Drive any car with your foot to the floor board all the time and you'll assuredly have problems, mods or no mods. I love the looks of the 335 but it's too sluggish and will never be an M3. Stick a turbo on the M3 like people here do and you have an unbelievably quick car with performance handling capabilities.
    F/I'd Silver/Black MCp

My Cars
    Black
    i would go 335i, insurance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12