Howdy -Well, needless to say, I am the new owner of an E34 ('92 525it to be exact) It was orphaned by a fella who didn't want to fuss with a dying auto-box and driveability problems, so he had it towed to a friend of mine's <SAAB> repair shop and left the title in the glovebox. It's really an incredibly straight car and after diagnosing a faulty crank speed sensor it fired right up for me & sounded great. I found a low-mile rebuilt tranny (with guaranty) for a few hundred clams so I should be back in business mechanically this weekend.

It seems to have sat outside for a while in the sun so the leather trim has de-laminated from the door panels inside. -Any fixes for this or am I better off finding used? They look like they need to be stretched and re-glued ? PITA?

Also the Giant sunroof is in-op. I can hear something trying to function when I hit the button, but nothing moves. Huge hassle? Motor? Cables? Any common failures I should look for?

And The passenger side front seat wont move forward or aft plus the seatback is twisted badly. -I see there is a FAQ on the subject but just wanted to get a feel for how difficult this is to remedy, or should I just try to find another seat. Thanks, all. -Looking forward to having a nice road tripper when it's all polished up and presentable.