Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DO NOT buy Duplicolor caliper paint! It is Garbage!

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    I had no problems with mine. Same color too. I think it's been 4+ years since I sprayed them and not a single issue. I think your problem was with the PBlaster. That stuff soaks in and if you did not get rid of all of it, the paint will just not stick.

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

My Cars
    Widebody 95 & 97 M3s
    i had dupicolor paint back when i had my factory calipers and it held up great for like 4 years.....sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    1. Hit the calipers with some aircraft stripper (the brush on kind), then clean them thoroughly with soap and water
    2. Sand with some 120 grit to scuff up the surface a bit
    3. Clean again and let dry completely
    4. Primer
    5. Paint
    6. Clear
    7. Beer
    Quote Originally Posted by B Rod SRT View Post
    Maybe a Nor Cal Racer Boy sabotaged the paint cans while you weren't looking.

Here's the primer that should have been used. The engine enamel primer that is.
    Wasn't me, paint isn't my thing. But fog deletes, that's another story.

My Cars
    sk8board

Last edited by norcalbmw; 08-21-2009 at 12:54 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by B Rod SRT View Post
    Maybe a Nor Cal Racer Boy sabotaged the paint cans while you weren't looking.

roflrofl

best post ever....

Quote Originally Posted by sirius600 View Post
    Your post has been reported.

best butt hurt response
    Last edited by TH3 Shifty; 08-21-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    92 Bmw 325i, Audi A4
    Doesnt pb leave a residue?....i cleaned my trans with it(its a great degreaser) and it left a film behind. I would think it would defeat the purpose of scrubbing your calipers in a sink for awhile.....but what do i know. Ive done horrible jobs prepping my calipers and it looked good for awhile ..then id just redo them again( it was only a cavalier anyways). And besides you blame duplicolor and pepboys for being cheap at 8 bucks a can. Last time i checked vht high temp paint was the same price.....

My Cars
    E46 330i
    Sucks big time

Mark850 is offline Life begins at 145mph.... Moderator
    My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    Quote Originally Posted by E36 PWR View Post
    g2 caliper paint
    /thread
    This!!!!^^^^^^^ I used this on my 850 2.5yrs ago and it looks like it was just done..Comes in many colors, 2 part epoxy caliper paint, did my hats also..They still look new too..

1991 850i,80k miles,Wokke2000 Software,M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler,35% Tint,Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors,Limiters Disabled,1.5 inch Drop,AC Schnitzer Lower Front Spoiler,Mark850 design Roof Spoiler,HRE Comp90 Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x9.5, 295/30/19 245/35/19, Dinan Stage 2 Adjustable Sway Bars.

My Cars
    06 330ci Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by sirius600 View Post
    OHH! So your telling me what i should expect and YOU HAVENT EVEN DONE THIS YOURSELF? I should have expected this from the posters here. Please dont offer up advice that a friend of a friend told you.

Please DONT POST UP suggestions unless you have actually refinished your calipers before. Otherwise, be weary off Duplicolor paint and people who suggest it with no first hand experience using it.
    You know, he's just trying to help. You expect to get help, but being an asshole to everyone trying to help you isn't getting anywhere.

As others have said, the prep work could've been done a little better. I used Duplicolor on my old Mini Cooper 4+ years ago, and the lady that bought the car just had them repainted to match her new wheels, and the caliper paint was still holding up pretty well.

I have heard good things about the G2 Caliper Paint, but have never used it, is it much better than Duplicolor?

Quote Originally Posted by ecrouse View Post
    You're going to roofiecolada your BFF Jill in to fucking Ron Jeremy (who disgusts her) to win $50 but won't fuck her yourself because it would ruin the beautiful friendship you two have? Were you dropped on your head?

My Cars
    BMW Z4
    Caliper painting can be tricky w/ any brand of paint. but yeah, he should have prepped better in the least so he'd have an easier time RE-painting it all lol.
    Last edited by recyclebin; 06-10-2010 at 11:15 PM.

My Cars
    Viper
    [yQUOTE=sirius600;17183155]So are you just going to insult me or are you going to come up with the reason all the prep work i did was not sufficient?[/QUOTE]
    You did a poop job on the prep and you got a poop job on the finished result. Your fault! this product is great have done several with no issues! Sounds like many like me have achieved the same. Oh what does pep boys have to do with it they did not produce the product.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Great job bumping this post.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Great job bumping this post.
    Not only bumping it, looks like he registered just for that reply...

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxDreamer View Post
    Not only bumping it, looks like he registered just for that reply...
    How can she slap?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123