Thread: 2001 Prelude Auto vs 1997 328I auto Long story, slightly funny

My Cars
    2006 Acura TL Navi

Exclamation 2001 Prelude Auto vs 1997 328I auto Long story, slightly funny

Ok this is a kinda funny story. Me and my friend just finished working out at 24hr fitness. He's always thought his prelude was the shit. He doesn't show anyone what's under the hood, but I assume it doesn't have much under there if anything at all because his car isn't too loud.

We decide we're gonna go for a quick run. At first we were gonna go hit up the H3 freeway but it was 12:30am and we didn't feel like driving too far, so we decided just to jump on to Ala Moana Blvd. Yes, we are in Hawaii.

We meet up and this is a 3 lane road I believe and get next to each other. It's funny because we're trying to get to a red light so we can start. Unfortunately we drive and drive and no red lights. Damn, how often do you want a red light and not get one? So eventually I say on 3 let's go. At this point we're going like 20 miles an hour or so. So 1,2,3 we go. I jump ahead by half a cars length, then slowly but surely I keep pulling and by the time we stopped I had about 2-3 cars on him. It was kinda satisfying because this was the first time I raced anyone in my 328. I just got this car 3-4 months ago.

2nd run. We finally get to a stop light and start to grin at eachother. 1,23, we go again. Unfortunately my reaction to the light sucked because I was looking around for cops since there were cars behind us. He must've had about a second or so head start. He pulls ahead by half a car length again but I quickly start gaining an pulling ahead of him again. After the quick short run was over I had about 1.5 car lengths on him. I probably wouldve had more if we had more road to run. If you live in Hawaii you'll know that Ala Moana Blvd is short. Every road in Hawaii is.

Here comes the funny part, at the end of the 2nd race, he still keeps going and (sorry buddy!) does omg a ricer fly by @ maybe 80 mph. I'm going about 60 or so and this is a 30mph zone or something. Next thing I know is I look up and I see the BLUE LIGHTS stopped at an intersection we were just about to pass. I look at my buddies car and see him start to brake, but thing is that his brake lights were already in the cops view. I Started braking much earlier and when I passed by the cop I let off the brakes so he wouldn't see my lights. Once I passed the cop I heard sirens and thought to myself, SHIT!!!! I'm screwed. So I just cruise and maintain the speed I'm going. To my surprise the cop pulls behind me then suddenly pulls towards my friend and flashes the lights. I was like oh shit and thank god at the same time. I felt so relieved and started cracking up. I felt bad because at the same time my friend got pulled over, but I just couldn't help but giggle all the way home. Isn't that bad? Fortunately my friend said the cop let him go, even though the cop told him that he got pulled for exhibition of speed. whew! Long story huh?
    1997 BMW 328I Sport Pkg A/T (Sold)
    2004 Honda s2000 (Sold)
    2006 Acura TL Navi
    http://www.hawaiiautoloans.com
    http://www.hawaiiautopages.com

Re: 2001 Prelude Auto vs 1997 328I auto Long story, slightly funny

Originally posted by slickyv
    Fortunately my friend said the cop let him go, even though the cop told him that he got pulled for exhibition of speed. whew! Long story huh?

damn thats lucky as hell.

My Cars
    Shox Classix...
    yea... damn thats pretty funny though... nice kill

D Rexel Dragons -- if ur wonderin that is me... not

My Cars
    00 M Coupe/10 VW Jetta
    Wasn't too long. Nice kill. You gotta watch out for Hawaii 5-0 (insert music here).
    2000 Estoril Blau ///M Coupe (SOLD)
    -AA SC, UUC Stg 2 LWFW/e34 M5 Clutch, UUC Ultimate SSK, UUC RK3 Shift Knob, Magnaflow Custom Quad Exhaust, Zimmerman X-Drilled Rotors, GC Coilovers, BHS RSMs, Motor Force Camber Plates, Toureg VW Torch Lamp, ProjectorZ w/ DDE, Randy Forbes Subframe Reinforcement Kit, IE Subframe Bushings, IE Camber/Toe Adjustment Kit, Rogue Diff Cover, Redline Fluids
    "I wasn't speeding, officer. I was qualifying."

My Cars
    Always pays to be alert to your surroundings, I say more power to ya, and nice kill....

My Cars
    1999 323i Vert
    Should have hit the intestate by the airport (the elevated part).

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Nice Kill Ive always thought that any new prelude would hand me my ass on a silver platter. Guess our rides arent that slow I drive a 1997 328iA also :

My Cars
    2006 Acura TL Navi
    well, the prelude was an automatic and those things are slow as hell. I'm not bashing but, it's true because I work at a Honda dealership. The 5 speeds on the other hand are pretty fast. I'm just glad my auto didn't get smoked.
    1997 BMW 328I Sport Pkg A/T (Sold)
    2004 Honda s2000 (Sold)
    2006 Acura TL Navi
    http://www.hawaiiautoloans.com
    http://www.hawaiiautopages.com