Thread: headliner replacement????

My Cars
    1995 325 IS

headliner replacement????

how do i take off my headliner in my 95 325is, do i have to take out the back windshield or can i slip it out of the side doors. thanx for any replies

My Cars
    1995 540iA BLK/TAN
    Taking your headliner out is pretty cut and dry. First you are going to want to remove all the pillars (A,B,C), then you'll have to remove the grab handles, next the sunvisors and sunvisor lights. Once that is complete remove the trim that surrounds the sunroof. Now you are ready to remove the headliner. I don't know if you have a 2dr or 4dr, but I have a coupe, and it will fit out the door. I recommend taking it out through the passenger door, because the steeering wheel can make it tricky going the other way. Also be sure to fully open the door and completely roll down the window. It is inevitable not to bend the headliner, but don't be alarmed. Try to position the headliner as best you can from within the car, then start to bend it in a concave manner. You will see that a slight crease will be visible as you bend it. Once you have the headliner fully out of you car lay it flat and the crease will not be permanent. I have done this conversion on my car. Installation is opposite or removal. Hope this helps.

A Coward Dies a Thousand Deaths, a Soldier Dies but Once!