Thread: hey guys, one of my Koni shocks in the rear

My Cars
    1998 M3

hey guys, one of my Koni shocks in the rear

blew out, need to find a new set for the rears, but can't find a company that will sell just the rears.

I have H&R Sports so I can't use stock unless there is a way.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

-Andrew
    "A Shadowy flight into the dangerous world of man....who does not exist"

My Cars
    '98.5 M3/2/5
    They have lifetime warranties. Send it back.

Cosmos on Black '98.5 M3 Coupe 5MT

My Cars
    98 M3 GTS2
    Koni directly sold me a single front for wholesale a few months back, I would contact them.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Where did you buy?
    I bought my ext adj's from TCKline and within a few months had a leak.

They sent me a new one and then I sent the faulty one back for no charge contingent on it's being defective.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    1998 M3
    bought em from shox.com I believe, don't know if I have the reciept. I will contact Koni too and see what they say.
    "A Shadowy flight into the dangerous world of man....who does not exist"

My Cars
    TRM E36 M3, E46 330i
    You can also buy them from tirerack. They are priced per shock there. I think its around $150 per side for the rear.

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    Or better yet, order the 1977 Porsche 911 rear shock and get the externally adjustable one... yes, that's where they came from...
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    Or better yet, order the 1977 Porsche 911 rear shock and get the externally adjustable one... yes, that's where they came from...
    More info on that^

Few years back I had a Rear snap the shaft, I contacted Koni and they sold me one at 1/2 price.....

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    More info on what? The '77 911 rear shock is the one used for the E36 M3 externally adjustable shock. What more is there?

The cars are about the same weight (per corner), and have about the same dynamics...
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    1999 M3 (sold)
    8210 1159Sport - Is this the part number for the 911 shock?

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    More info on what? The '77 911 rear shock is the one used for the E36 M3 externally adjustable shock. What more is there?

The cars are about the same weight (per corner), and have about the same dynamics...
    First time I've heard that, that's why. Interesting that they share same length, and better have wide range adjustablity since the 911 has so much rear weight then the M3 obviously, though I imagine the '77 was a lighter car....

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    are slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JETninja View Post
    First time I've heard that, that's why. Interesting that they share same length, and better have wide range adjustablity since the 911 has so much rear weight then the M3 obviously, though I imagine the '77 was a lighter car....

+1

would love to know more about the 911 rear shocks vs the m3 rears....
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    '98 Estoril M3/4/5
    I've done some research in regards to that here from searching a while back on shock alternatives on bf.c. Quite a few members here are running the 8210-1159 Konis and are essentially the same shock that you buy on TCKline for their top rear adjustables, just different part number. Very similar rebound/compression, which is why it's easily/directly applicable.

My Cars
    are slow.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    86 535i, 83 245, 84 245
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    Working link: http://www.e36-tech.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2771

Grabbed it with Wayback Machine for future use. This link is supposed to last: https://web.archive.org/web/20180319...php?f=7&t=2771
    Last edited by ADent; 03-19-2018 at 04:22 PM.