Thread: Radio problems for 2002 M3 Coupe

My Cars
    2002 M3 Coupe

Radio problems for 2002 M3 Coupe

Does anyone else have this problem?

My HK radio with Nav system does not have good reception when driving around town. Whenever I go under an underpass on the freeway or near power lines, the signal either drifts out or gets very static filled.

I have taken it back to Classic BMW and had the radio amplifier changed and today the antenna amp changed out. Now the static is cleared up but the signal still drifts out going under the underpass.

Does this happen to others, and does this happen in other models or other cars?

Thanks for feedback.

jschaffer@usa.net

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    I had to have my radio replaced for very poor radio reception in my 330 a year or so ago. Once they swapped radios under warranty, it seemed to be better.

My Cars
    1999 323i, 2001 X5 4.4, 2004 M3 Coupe SMG (on order)
    My 99 323i had awesome reception when it was new, but slowly got worse over time (overpasses were always a problem, more with AM than FM). AM reception is now worse than my $9.95 clock radio at home, but at 85,000 miles, it's well out of warranty. That, and I'm selling it for an 04 M3 SMG on order, so who cares!?

My Cars
    M
    Many E46's have inhibited this problem. BMW sent out a recall for the matter after they discovered that the fix would be to disconnect the radio components..and when re-connecting, first you hook up the antenna amp followed by the radio.