Thread: For Sale: AC Schnitzer Type 1s (3 piece) 17x8.5 and 17x10

My Cars
    E28s

For Sale: AC Schnitzer Type 1s (3 piece) 17x8.5 and 17x10

I'll give you guys the first shot at these wheels before they go into the scum bucket that is the general classifieds area. I was thinking about using these for a cool second set on the baby poo 6er, but I think I'm going to go for something a bit more classic when the time comes.

This is a genuine set of AC Schnitzer Type 1s made by OZ Racing with original manufacturing stickers from 1991. They all measure 17x8.5 with a 13mm offset making them perfect fit on a 6 or an 8. Now here's the tricky part... One of the barrels was damaged at some point and the repair does not seem to seal well. Because of this I sourced some replacement barrels for two of the wheels to build them into a staggered set. The replacement barrels will turn the rears into 17x10 with roughly 50mm of offset. Obviously this will require spacers of 25-30mm to fit on the 6. H&R offers some TUV approved bolt on spacers with the correct hub size so that everything is still hubcentric.

Other than the one funky barrel these wheels are in great shape. There are no apparent marks of any kind on the lips, though they could use a quick polish. The centers were powdercoated gloss black by the previous owner and it has held up nicely. I was planning on stripping the powdercoat and painting them the original silver but I obviously never got around to it. I'll include some nice centercaps which are the original silver.

I'm sure someone will ask, "Why would you need 10" wheels on your 6?". You probably don't... But if wide wheels are your thing, these fit the bill nicely. There's a nice set of 8" and 9" Type 1s in E36 offset in the wheel classifieds forum for around $2400 right now, but I'm offering this set of four wheels plus the two extra barrels for $1800. Shipping is negotiable. I have a UPS account and I might be willing to help. I'm not going to entertain silly low-ball offers since I don't need to sell these, but PM me if you have something in mind. I may be interested in partial trades for Euro parts or tools.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

My Cars
    1983 e24
    Are those WW arms for sale?

My Cars
    E28s
    Haha! No, they are going back on my car after the paint is done.

My Cars
    E28s
    Bump.

Need to get these outta here, I found something that I want way worse... Accepting reasonable offers!

My Cars
    1978 635Csi, 1988 735iM
    Good God, if my rs's were worth that much Id instigate a trade. I say keep em and paint the centers either to match the car or at least a color that complements it.

My Cars
    E28s
    I'm sure they will look awesome on the 6 but I really like my throwing stars and I could use the money for the sealer, primer and paint... This stuff is seriously expensive!

If there's still no interest by tomorrow night I'll go ahead and post these in the general wheel classifieds section so that I can get 100 lowball offers from the kids who have no intention of even coming up with any money.