Thread: Anyone here running Koni Coilovers?

Anyone here running Koni Coilovers?

I'm contemplating whether to get the Koni or H&R coilovers. I live in NYC and don't plan on slamming my car just removing some of the fender gap, I also would prefer the more comfortable choice b/c the streets here are HORRIBLE.

Please reply or email me with your opinions and comments.

Thanks in advance,

Tommy
    '99 M3
    NY Chapter CCA

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Read thread "Is rebound same as dampening", on page 4 of this forum. Some very insightful info on using c/os. Based on your location, I'd suggest using H&R OE Sports and Koni adjustables instead of c/os. Jay

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Ford Exploder
    Tommy,

I have been running the Koni c/o's on my 96 M3 for the last three months. They are great but I am actually changeing them out to what LUNI2NZ suggested. The c/o's are a little too harsh for me as a daily driver even on the softest setting. Shoot me an email, JBravoM3@pacbell.net, if you have any questions about the c/o's.

L8A,
    John

No more M3, Had to buy a family hauler to get cash for the new house. A momentary set back, but the M5 is coming soon.

The reason I am thinking coilovers is b/c I would like to be able to lower my car further than the OE H&R Springs will allow. I also like the fact that I can adjust them to the exact setting I want.

I would love to get a ride in a coilover car but uinfortunately I dont know anyone in NYC who is an M3 enthusiast. I will probably wait and investigate some more before I do any buying though.

Thanks for the advice and info guys, I appreciate it...

Tommy
    '99 M3
    NY Chapter CCA

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Tommy-

If you want to go lower than the H&R OE Sports, you can also go with the H&R Sports. Jay

My Cars
    ?
    Tommy,

I have been using the Koni C/O since the kit first came out. I switched out from Koni S/A and H&R sports and could not be happier. The spring rate on the C/O is very close to the H&R sports, and the Koni shocks have been shortened to get rid of some of the bottoming that you get with the standard S/A inserts. Give Andy at T.C. Kline Racing a call (614771.7744) and he can give you more info, or email me and we'll talk.

Brian