Thread: Front / rear reinforcement & bushing advice

My Cars
    E36 M3

Front / rear reinforcement & bushing advice

Besides the strut tower reinforcement plates and the X brace, are there any other reinforcements that can/should be added that don’t require welding reinforcement plates?

Any reinforcement that should be added to the rear subframe, again without welding anything? I could go the welding route but my understanding is that might be overkill for street use.

Also would appreciate advice on bushings and motor mounts. Consensus seems to be polyflex for front bushings but not sure about options for the rear. I came across some people with condor bushings on the rear, but it seemed those are better suited for a track application, but I’m not sure.

It’s a 95 M3 that is not going to be doing any track duty at all. Stock suspension is getting refreshed so trying to sort out parts and would appreciate any recommendations.

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe, 99 Carrera
    I would do a shock mount reinforcement for the rear. I have used Rogue's kit in both my M3 and Z4M. It's very easy to install, affordable, and makes future rear shock removal a breeze.

As long as you are running the factory rear sway bar you should be fine not welding in sway bar reinforcements to the rear subframe.

It's probably a good idea to weld in reinforcements to the rear trailing arm pockets. A failure there on the road would be dangerous.

I would suggest OE rubber bushings and mounts everywhere. I did use Rogue's stiffer rubber transmission mounts to help make shifting easier, at the expense of a bit more driveline noise.
    Last edited by sirhodjibob; 04-09-2022 at 11:38 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is
    +1 for stock OE rubber mounts/bushings for a street only car. Don't try anything else, NVH will go way up.