Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Official Aluminum Radiator Thread!

My Cars
    1999 TiAg M3, 2003 E46M3
    PM sent to compactive.

As for the expansion tank, the Zionsville shroud has this already bolted in place, so once I got the shroud secured to the radiator, the tank was also held steady. I ran a small piece of hose down the side of the radiator for the blow-off.

I'll see if I can snap a few more pics over the upcoming holiday week; I'll be doing some more work on my car then, at home where my better camera is.

1999 ///M3 TiAg | Heated Power Vaders | DDM Projector36 5000K 55W HIDs | DDM 3000K 35W HID Fogs
    DDM Smoked Corners | DDM Weighted Shift Knob | K&N CAI | Mishimoto AL Rad w/Zionsville AL Shroud
    Stewart HiPo Water Pump | Samco Hose Kit | 16" SPAL Puller Fan | Viper 5701LE Security
    E36 OBC is now open! Join the effort: BF.C Thread | openOBC Wiki

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MPower View Post
    DO NOT GET THE CxRacing!!!!!!! installed it in my sisters 328 and it started leaking. Replaced with OEM (street car only) and then had the CX pressure tested. Found out it was leaking in 8 different locations. (8 different cracks)
    Both me and a friend have had cxracing rads for 6+ months with not a single issue.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Go mishimoto, never buy another rad for your e36. done and done.

My Cars
    83 GTI & M3
    Bump, How are everyone's radiators now?

My Cars
    1995 bmw m3
    Bump, Is anyone running a mishimoto radiator with a supercharger? I am in need of a new radiator since my bwsport one has started to leak. I am concerned with the clearance for the top hose as well as electric fan being too close to the crank pulley? TIA

1995 M3
    AA Gen 3 exhaust, trackpipe, 17x8 rondell cross spokes, UUC evo3 shifter, X-brace, Radowski diff support, Blistein sport/ H&R Sport springs, V1 Blower vortech kit 11 lbs. , 46 lbs. inj. , Porsche 803 Hfm, and AA / max psi tune.

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsbmw View Post
    Bump, Is anyone running a mishimoto radiator with a supercharger? I am in need of a new radiator since my bwsport one has started to leak. I am concerned with the clearance for the top hose as well as electric fan being too close to the crank pulley? TIA
    Friend of mine ran a Fluidyne with his Dinan SC E36 M Sedan, never had an issue with it. Wouldn't see why any other aluminum rad would give you any issues
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrphotos View Post

Both me and a friend have had cxracing rads for 6+ months with not a single issue.
    I also have a cxracing one and no issues with it for over a year/26k miles
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    1995 bmw m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    Friend of mine ran a Fluidyne with his Dinan SC E36 M Sedan, never had an issue with it. Wouldn't see why any other aluminum rad would give you any issues
    The clearance between the electric fan and the crank pulley is very minimal. The mishimoto radiator specs states that it is thicker then stock which is same size as current radiator. Therefore i'm concerned with the clearance.

1995 M3
    AA Gen 3 exhaust, trackpipe, 17x8 rondell cross spokes, UUC evo3 shifter, X-brace, Radowski diff support, Blistein sport/ H&R Sport springs, V1 Blower vortech kit 11 lbs. , 46 lbs. inj. , Porsche 803 Hfm, and AA / max psi tune.

My Cars
    98 323is
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
    so i need to buy a new radiator and i was either going to pick up the vsl performance one
    http://www.bimmerzone.com/VSL_Perfor...diator_E36.htm

or the mishimoto one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MISHI...Q5fAccessories.

what should i get? which one is better? they are both $240 and free shipping.
    Hey Schultz where’d you buy those wheels at? They’re nice

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkjedi View Post
    Hey Schultz where’d you buy those wheels at? They’re nice
    Welcome to the forum. This thread is 9 years old

Those are Dinan/Fikse wheels, looked like 18" size, they are hard to find and expensive. I saw a set used in the wheel classifieds recently though.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    1997 328ic
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsbmw View Post
    The clearance between the electric fan and the crank pulley is very minimal. The mishimoto radiator specs states that it is thicker then stock which is same size as current radiator. Therefore i'm concerned with the clearance.
    Yes my shop grind down the crank bolt for more clearance with electric fan. Took 5min tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    m50 mani / AA c38-81 stage 2 / 12psi / AEM progressive w/m kit / stg3 SB endurance clutch + SS / 3.38 LSD / cdv + asc delete / stromung catback + cat delete / ebay coilovers + GC RSMs / square CSL wheels / ski-pass 8" sub

My Cars
    1992 BMW 328is
    Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
    Purchased brand new and installed Oct 2020
    Started leaking Feb 2022 (16 months)

I've been hearing more and more horror stories about Mishimoto radiators for the E36. I'll be claiming the lifetime warranty to replace the rad from Mishimoto, but I plan on switching to a CSF aluminum radiator going forward.
    Last edited by kimchi36; 04-04-2022 at 04:58 PM.

'92 318is - M52 Swap
    Instagram: @kimchi_36

https://imgur.com/WIDIdeC

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    CSF is available at FCP euro
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    I had terrible results running CSF on my E46 M3. Basically Mishimoto with some bullshit polish job and a lot more technical talk to entice buyers.

Pay the extra money for a quality offering from Zionsville tier and such if you really want aluminum that bad.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345