Thread: Active Cruise Control light stays on

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L

Active Cruise Control light stays on

Hello,

New member here. Just purchased a 2000 740il with 43k miles. Car is in excellent condition. Everything appears in good working condition. Only problem is the ACC light stays on all the time. This is the yellow light just left of the DSC light in the center of the instrument cluster. It's a US spec car and I don't think it came with the ACC option. Any idea why the light stays on and how it can be turned off?
    TIA

My Cars
    145 cylinders of power
    disconnect the battery for a few minutes then hook it back up. It should go away.
    Random Sig below (refresh to see new image)

My Cars
    '01 740is
    shut the car off, wait til its asleep (about 20 minutes), then disconnect the battery for several hours........over night is best, then you should be fine.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    Thanks a lot. Any guess as to what triggered that light in the first place?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36

Who knows.

Some gremlin. Dont get fired up worring about it yet. See if the hard reset (batteries off for 12 hours) does the trick. If it comes back, try and get the codes dumped and go from there. As you dont know what led up to it going on, (since your the new owner) dont lose sleep trying to figure it out just yet. Let us know what happens after you do this step.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    The ACC light is off. One hour after parking the car I disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 13 hours. After reconnecting the battery, the ACC light didn't come on and stayed off. Thanks again for your advice.

My Cars
    2003 e46 330i
    Check fuse 10 in your glove box 5 amp fuse. For some reason these fuses keep blowing out and people don't replace them. You'll find a bunch of posts with people wondering where that fuse went. It's normally because someone took it out. If it's missing it'll make the cruise control light stay on. It doesn't really harm the car but it does affect the fuel economy a little bit.
    On a side note, the DSC will constantly wear your rear brakes. If you're finding a lot of brake dust on your rear tire shut off a DSC. You lose the car helping you with handling but it'll save your brakes if you know how to drive without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didn't see it was already fixed with reset. All others check fuse 10 if hard reset doesn't work.