RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Rear Suspension overhaul help (RTAB recommendations)

My Cars
    Hellrot

Rear Suspension overhaul help (RTAB recommendations)

I've found out that my rear right shock is shot and the car kinda wobbles on the highway and the back end is squirmish.

I am hoping to replace the Rear Trailing Arm Bushings (left and right RTAB's), the rear right and left shocks and springs. I will mostl lkely get the GC RTAB for added stiffness and wanted to know if I shoud go ahead and change the shock mounts to upgraded z3 plates (which to my understanding do not need welding).
    Thanks in advance Any adivice, suggestions helpful tips and links to purchase the necessary parts would be great.

p.s. for the shocks and springs I am hoping for oem since I will not be getting aftermarket rims and will be using the car as a beater (over 134k miles) until I can get a 540i.

My Cars
    Hellrot
    anyone?

My Cars
    '98 328i/4
    Replacing the rear shock mounts with the E46 mounts and the Z3 reinforcement plates is a DIY job and does not require any welding. Look in the E36 DIY Library and you should be able to find a write up.

The Ground Control RTABs are urethane, which makes them very hard and durable. You should know that a number of people have reported squieking with urethane bushings. As an alternative, you might want to consider the solid '96+ M3 RTAB bushings with the GC inserts.
    1998 328i/4 Boston Green
    X-Brace, Eibach Pro Kit/Bilstein Sport, M3 Rear Sway
    BMW Traffic Pro - a/d/s P650.2 & 3.45is - JL Audio Stealthboxes[/size]

My Cars
    Hellrot
    great thanks