Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BC Racing Coilover Review

My Cars
    2003 E39 540I Mtec Sport
    i'm running 275/30 -19's on my 19x9.5's but i have a +18 offset...and i haven't rolled the fenders yet, i get a little rubbing on the rears from dips other than that, works for me...but once i get coilovers and get the fenders rolled, i'm gonna run 245 or 255/35-19's on the rear so it doesn't rub ...
    IT'S A DRIVER'S MACHINE THE ULTIMATE!!
    19" Staggered SSR GT03's on H&R Sports

My Cars
    2003 540ia M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Narvin View Post
    holy jesus 265 on a 9.5????? all i can say is DAYUM
    What? Too wide?

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony85 View Post
    Silbere39 did you cut or roll your rears to fit the 275's? Because I have 265's on my rears and im trying my best not to cut the rear fenders. I slighty rub over hard dips in the road...
    No, the fenders are not rolled or cut. Standard body so to speak. The only thing that rubs right now is the actual lip of the wheel on the inside fender liner. I think I might have to readjust it for the clearance. What kind of tire profile are you running?
    Last edited by SilberE39; 04-15-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 bmw e39
    Quote Originally Posted by Circuit MS View Post
    I had a forum member email me with some questions, so I figured I would jump in here just to clear some stuff up.

First of all, Yes BC Racing makes a good set of coilovers

-They are made in Taiwain

-BC has been making coilovers for over 13 years

-They do manufacture for other companies (some of them big name JDM guys)

-NO they DO NOT make ksport or D2 (ksport and D2 are in fact the same manufacturer from Korea, we dont care for them and our opinion of them is far less than the BC items).

-YES, they are damping adjustable and dual-height adjsutable.

-YES we do have them for the 5 series BMW and a few other models.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us - sales@circuitmotorsports.net

Thanks!

-Tristan

BTW - Car looks great Velocity!
    how much is the price????

My Cars
    2003 540ia M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by SilberE39 View Post
    No, the fenders are not rolled or cut. Standard body so to speak. The only thing that rubs right now is the actual lip of the wheel on the inside fender liner. I think I might have to readjust it for the clearance. What kind of tire profile are you running?
    30 series rear and 35 series front

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    Just wanted to drop some info on my experience with the BC Racing BR coilovers so far. I have put about 5K miles on the setup and I am extremely happy with the ride quality. I had everything corner balanced and the car handles like its on rails. AWESOME! This has easily been the best purchase I made for this car so far. Worth every penny.

My Cars
    C43/55,S4 Stage III gone
    never mind
    Last edited by djkev; 07-01-2012 at 03:50 PM.

My Cars
    03 540i6
    whats the difference between the normal kit and the one with swift springs?
    03 540i6 ///M-Sport #684
    Evosport Underdrive Pulleys
    M60 Manifold
    E60 545i shifter w/ ZHP knob
    Michelin Pilot SuperSports
    M5 front/rear sway bars

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by LJK View Post
    whats the difference between the normal kit and the one with swift springs?
    The Swift springs are a little better than the BC springs from my understanding. I don't think it matters too much on a street driven car though.

My Cars
    05 STi, 06 WRX, 03 911
    The Swift springs are a higher quality spring and will provide better ride quality as well as overall handling. Swift only makes springs, and they are some of the best springs available on the market, which is why they perform better than the standard BC springs (although there is nothing wrong with the standard springs).

They will make a difference in ride quality on the road, the springs paired with the BC dampers make it ride like a kit for twice the money.

"Keep Attacking..."
    Site - www.circuitmotorsports.net
    Email - sales@circuitmotorsports.net
    Phone - 407-325-2176
    Address - 2427 Forsyth Road Unit P Orlando, FL 32807

My Cars
    2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC
    Quote Originally Posted by SilberE39 View Post
    I want to chime in on this thread in regards to BC Coilovers for the E39. I actually went ahead and purcahsed them because of this thread. I had been considering coil overs for awhile for my E39 and I decided to pull the trigger and go with it. I am fortunate enough to have a local retailer by my work that was able to get me a set from Miami in 3 days.

Install was pretty easy, if you've done a suspension install before on another car you can problably figure out how to go about doing in on your E39.

What was interesting though is my front right coilover mechanically siezed. I do not blame BC for this though. What was strange about this situation is my front right corner could not be aligned (I adjusted the ride height before taking it for an alignment) and when I got back to my house I could no longer adjust that corner. I'm not sure if the alignment tech damaged this somehow but it was an aggravating situation considering I had just bought this setup.

As of yesterday I finally was able to put everything back in the car. BC stepped up and sent me a new shock and lower sleeve (that's what was stuck) and I disassembled the rest of the coilover and swapped over the parts to the new shock. I threw it in last night after work and have the ride height almost to where I want it right now.

My initial impressions of the BC's is as follows:

I ran Bilstein sports and H&R lowering springs for 3 years (blew two Bilsteins during that time BTW) and while I do find the BC ride slightly harsher on bumpier roads it isn't uncomfortable. I find the BC's to actually have better composure over dips in the road than my old setup. The only area where the BC's are not as good as my old setup is at slower speeds where the ride is slightly bumpy and might I say: clumsy.

However, I've only put about 100 miles on these as of now so I am still in the process of dialing in the suspensions ride height and damping settings. I will have videos of the install and pictures up soon.
    Wow? Really?

I had the same issue with my BC's. Installed them last fall. Did my first initial adjustment after installing them. Put the car on the alignment rack and went to fine tune the ride height, and found the front left siezed. I spoke with BC for about a month and a half about it. In the end they told me to go pound sand because they've "never head of this before".
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

My Cars
    C43/55,S4 Stage III gone
    anyone know what the part number for the front coilovers for a 540it? I was adjusting the height on mine and noticed that there was a sticker on the coilover that said E39 I6..... I've noticed that the ride quality has been very bumpy compared to stock. I've had coilovers before on my other cars so I know that they're supposed to be stiffer, but I can pretty much feel every single bump and the ride is never smooth or comfortable..... Dampening setting is set to 12 clicks from soft. and The car has new lower thurst arms, and sway bar bushing and links.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    Quote Originally Posted by djkev View Post
    anyone know what the part number for the front coilovers for a 540it? I was adjusting the height on mine and noticed that there was a sticker on the coilover that said E39 I6..... I've noticed that the ride quality has been very bumpy compared to stock. I've had coilovers before on my other cars so I know that they're supposed to be stiffer, but I can pretty much feel every single bump and the ride is never smooth or comfortable..... Dampening setting is set to 12 clicks from soft. and The car has new lower thurst arms, and sway bar bushing and links.

You just need the 6k springs that the V8 kits come with. The i6 springs are 4k I believe.

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Freak View Post
    You just need the 6k springs that the V8 kits come with. The i6 springs are 4k I believe.
    The BC's AFAIK are standard 6K on all 4 corners. That's what I have for my 528i and I find that the ride is a little too soft. I may upgrade to 8K Swift springs at the end of the year.

All of the shocks and mounts are the same but I believe the spring rates are different. Should be something like 8K/6K for 540i's. I did notice a ride quality change with my E39 but it isn't horrendously different. The biggest change that I had to get used to was due to the pillowball mounts which transfer much more road feel and don't absorb as much vibration as your standard rubber top mounts would have. It's definitely not enjoyable on rough roads and I've learned to avoid these areas with my car...then again I'm sitting pretty low and I have nothing for tire sidewalls so I feel nothing but road on my setup.
    Last edited by SilberE39; 08-02-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    I thought i6 was 6k/4k and V8 was 8k/6k.
    I have 8k/6k on mine and think they're perfect.

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    You may be right. I know I have 6K/6K because that's what I ordered and that's what I recieved. When I ordered them through a local shop they told me those were the standard spring rates. I have no clue now lol.

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    You may be right. I know I have 6K/6K because that's what I ordered and that's what I received. When I ordered them through a local shop they told me those were the standard spring rates. I have no clue now lol.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    Idk either. Lol
    I like the 8k/6k combo though. 8k rear would be way too stiff IMO.

My Cars
    540i
    i believe the "I-06" designation is just a part number used by BC and not at all related to the engine of the car. Have a look here: http://bcracing-na.com/wp/wp-content...ATION_LIST.pdf

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwarden5 View Post
    Wow? Really?

I had the same issue with my BC's. Installed them last fall. Did my first initial adjustment after installing them. Put the car on the alignment rack and went to fine tune the ride height, and found the front left siezed. I spoke with BC for about a month and a half about it. In the end they told me to go pound sand because they've "never head of this before".
    Interesting. I ordered the kit through a local shop and they were able to get me replacement shock and lower sleeve under warranty. I basically swapped everything over from the original damper onto the new shock.

I'm curious to know what would cause this issue. I have not had a problem since and love these coil-overs.

Idk either. Lol
    I like the 8k/6k combo though. 8k rear would be way too stiff IMO.
    You're probably right on the 8K springs being too stiff for the rear. I'll likely get stiffer springs for the front and call it a day. Regardless, I won't be doing it until the end of the year and even at that point I will likely get some Swift springs if I'm going to spend the time to do it.
    Last edited by SilberE39; 08-03-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    C43/55,S4 Stage III gone
    I got the 8k springs for the front. My biggest issue is that the small little bumps and are aggravating a feel like I'm going over railroad tracks. The bigger bumps and dips are fine...

I might have to try switching out the pillow mounts. I don't think I really need to adjust camber anyways...

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    I got the 8k springs for the front. My biggest issue is that the small little bumps and are aggravating a feel like I'm going over railroad tracks. The bigger bumps and dips are fine...

I might have to try switching out the pillow mounts. I don't think I really need to adjust camber anyways...
    Sounds like the setup is over-damping, or you have a lot of unsprung weight...

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    1999 BMW540 Supercharged
    Hi Guys

I`m just getting ready to order my BC Racing setup for my E39 540 saloon, can anyone advise which is the best size rear adjusters to go for.
    I`m going with 8k 6k spring rates.

My Cars
    RWD + TORQUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1958 View Post
    Hi Guys

I`m just getting ready to order my BC Racing setup for my E39 540 saloon, can anyone advise which is the best size rear adjusters to go for.
    I`m going with 8k 6k spring rates.
    from what I've gathered that's a bit soft, most people aim for 8k/10k
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradaiel View Post
    I'm sorry, the m5 and the 528/530 don't feel the same driving them. The m5 is leaps and bounds better. My loud pedal actually does something in the m5, steering is tighter, suspension is tighter and just feels better. The ONLY thing my 525/528/530 does better than my m5 is use less fuel. The whole rack and pinion thing is stupid, they feel the same.

My Cars
    1999 BMW540 Supercharged
    From what i`v seen, chigga is the only one to go 10k 8k.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast