Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BC Racing Coilover Review

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Update on the coilovers.

I have had the coilovers on since the beginning of july this year and I have not had any problems with them. They have performed just like when I first installed them. Ride quality is great especially for the height that I have it set at.

I daily drive my car with this suspension and I am very happy with the ride. If you want a good quality suspension for a good price, this is the way to go. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. FYI I am not a vendor and I am just giving my own honest opinion and review for this suspension.

Here are some updated pics of my car with the suspension on.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1292205

Tristan,

Hey bro its Dominic. Thanks for the help on the coilovers. I am loving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Circuit MS View Post
    I had a forum member email me with some questions, so I figured I would jump in here just to clear some stuff up.

First of all, Yes BC Racing makes a good set of coilovers

-They are made in Taiwain

-BC has been making coilovers for over 13 years

-They do manufacture for other companies (some of them big name JDM guys)

-NO they DO NOT make ksport or D2 (ksport and D2 are in fact the same manufacturer from Korea, we dont care for them and our opinion of them is far less than the BC items).

-YES, they are damping adjustable and dual-height adjsutable.

-YES we do have them for the 5 series BMW and a few other models.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us - sales@circuitmotorsports.net

Thanks!

-Tristan

BTW - Car looks great Velocity!

My Cars
    z3
    Cool. Now I know what suspension to get. Thanks. Any info on the "rear extenders" would be cool... for the adjustment as you say to not have to take apart the interior to adjust?

Otherwise, love it - love the car and the suspension

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E39 M5
    For the rear extenders, I routed them through the rear deck where the passenger seat belts retract. The only interior to take apart is a small trim that routes the seatbelt. Just pop it off, pull out the extender and turn to adjust. Once done, push the extender back in and put the trim back. Very easy to do and you see what I'm talking about when you install the suspension.

Attached are some sample pics of the suspension I got from Tristan. My coilovers looked exactly the same.

Goodluck!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    Cool. Now I know what suspension to get. Thanks. Any info on the "rear extenders" would be cool... for the adjustment as you say to not have to take apart the interior to adjust?

Otherwise, love it - love the car and the suspension
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Hey dominic, how does the ride feel. aren't those spring rates a bit harsh for daily city driving?

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by beastjatt View Post
    Hey dominic, how does the ride feel. aren't those spring rates a bit harsh for daily city driving?
    The ride feels good and comfortable. The spring rates aren't harsh at all. The springs rates I chose were very close to the Bilstein PSS9 springs rates and a lot of people love the PSS9s, just as I love my setup. For the price point that you can get the BC Coilovers for, you can't beat it. If you are ever in the Daly City area, hit me up and I can take you for a ride in my car so you can see how it rides and feels.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I would love to take a ride before ordering them. Can we meet up anytime this week or weekend?? I am usually off work around 1PM.

My Cars
    530iT(RIP), 528iT
    Do they have a set for the tourings?
    "Now remember stay in school kids."

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I would love to take a ride before ordering them. Can we meet up anytime this week or weekend?? I am usually off work around 1PM.
    I work m-f 9-6, so im usually free anytime in the evening or the weekends. Im busy this thursday as I have a holiday work party to attend. I'll be at the treasure island YMCA Wednesday playing ball from 6:30 to about 9:30ish if you want to meet me there. Let me know when you want to come meet me and we can set something up.

Quote Originally Posted by red5spdtouring View Post
    Do they have a set for the tourings?

I am not sure about the touring as the rears are different. Not too sure. Contact Tristan at circuitmotorsports.
    Last edited by velocitygarage; 12-15-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '02 530i & '15 X1 35i
    You can fit the fronts, but the rears you're a no go.
    '02 E39 530i/5sp Topaz Blue/Black Interior - MegaSquirt3x - Garrett GTX3582R turbo - E85 fuel - Apex FL-5 - 265/295 tires - Custom Porsche Brembo BBK - 600whp @ 22 PSI
    '15 E84 X1 35i M Sport Alpine White/Coral Red Interior - H&R Sports & Bilstein B6 - Velgen VMB5 - 265/305 tires - ETS FMIC - MPI Charge pipe & DME Flash - 3.5" down pipe

My Cars
    E39 M5
    what about friday lunch time???? or in the evening..

My Cars
    E39 M5
    what about friday lunch time???? or in the evening..
    PMed you bro.

My Cars
    240sx
    Would these work on my 540i no problem?

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    so are these the same as the megan racing coilovers? i know dude said they are different from d2/ksport, but didn't mention megan. from the OP i thought they looked more like the megan racing ones anyway.

blackxs, did you ever get these?

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4458 View Post
    Would these work on my 540i no problem?
    Yup, they should fit on a 540i with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    so are these the same as the megan racing coilovers? i know dude said they are different from d2/ksport, but didn't mention megan. from the OP i thought they looked more like the megan racing ones anyway.

blackxs, did you ever get these?

I think they are very similiar to the megan racing, but as for being the same, I am not too sure.
    Last edited by velocitygarage; 03-26-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e39 , e36

ATTN. velocitygarage

I bought the bcr coils a month ago and istalled them. My only complaint/question is; is there supposed to be a front strut bearing installed? It looks like there is no place for one, but when I turn the wheel, i hear the springs turning and making springy pop like noise, like "doooiiiinnngg" sometimes. Obviously a bearing would eliminate this. Did I install my coilovers wrong? Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    1999 530d (184ps)
    they are installed correctly. they have pillowball mounts and not the normal rubber mount hence the boing sound. I had some meganracing 12/10 coilovers on my s13 and they did that all the time.
    There is no replacement for displacement; try boost!!

Cars: 1997 Audi A3 1.8T (AGU) Sold
    1999 BMW 530d (184ps)
    2004 Seat Altea 1.9TDI (105ps)

My Cars
    e39 , e36
    Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to eliminate that sound? It sounds like im driving a junker. Thanks again.

My Cars
    '92 240sx, '92 525i 5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by new200guy View Post
    they are installed correctly. they have pillowball mounts and not the normal rubber mount hence the boing sound. I had some meganracing 12/10 coilovers on my s13 and they did that all the time.
    +1 they did it every once in a while on my 92.

Normal.

My Cars
    02 E39 530i
    Will these work on i6 as well?

My Cars
    95 B14/5,98 E39/6
    OP,

How are the coilovers holding up? Im trying to decide between these and the megans.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    x2

My Cars
    e39 , e36
    I have had them on my I6 for about 4 months now and I am happy with them. Like I said above they do make an annoying noise when turning, but by adjusting the preload it has helped reduce the noise greatly. And the height adjustability is almost limitless, yet maintains a slightly stiff, but definatly comfortable ride. My friend has FKs in his gti and commented on how much nicer of a ride my car was.

My Cars
    02 E39 530i
    I've had these on my STI and they were great...but the STI was just a stiff ass car so comfortable they were not, not sure how much difference the coils would have made it but anyhow i know the quality is there, went through 2 NY harsh winters (lots of salt) and held up fine with no rust or chipping.

I'm looking at online sites and they have them listed as 94-05 E39....so there is no specific i6 or v8?

Megans look tempting too since the price is cheaper by about $250 or so...

My Cars
    SC E39 M5, E92 M3 DCT
    these look just like the coils EAC sells too...

My Cars
    02 E39 530i
    they look quite different actually...plus EAC is a lot more $$$ for the same features BC has...also BC offer 32 level EAC only 18.

The last paragraph says its only a pre-order of $750 that is non refundable and binding. Add the options that your looking at $1250~$1800 system here...rather buy something else

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast