Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: E30 GT35 m52 street/track demo car

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    NICE!!!!!

Lookin good dude! Still waiting on the spacer im guessing?
    -Chris

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by So Live View Post
    NICE!!!!!

Lookin good dude! Still waiting on the spacer im guessing?

Thanks man! No, I expect it on Wednesday... but then again who knows!

I am very pleased with the days' accomplishments

Passenger side skirt on:

All in all this kit from DTMFiberwerks is pretty darn good! I have put on a few kits in my time and this isn't going all that badly at all. I much prefer fiberglass kits as compared to plastic ones though. I think that the car will look great overall for sure. I just wish that I had more patience and more time!

Hopefully tomorrow will be as productive!

Dreams To Reality Performance One Lap of America 2010 GT2SB winner, 4th Overall, car build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    I Love this build so much!

I think it's because i've owned 10+/- e30's and a 91 no sunroof 318is is my next project. The e30 m3 (wider than stock) widebody conversion is what I also plan on doing. And either;

A) ls1/t56, possible boost later on.
    B) 3.0L franken motor with bewst.

I'm stoked to see this thing start getting towards final stages (motor and body) Good work!
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Ls1!

My Cars
    88 turbo e30 99 540i
    u got any pics on that BBK I SEE

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Humm I cant seem to find the website of your body kit manufacturer.

Do you have a link?

Thanks!

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by M3_MadBimmer View Post
    I Love this build so much!

I think it's because i've owned 10+/- e30's and a 91 no sunroof 318is is my next project. The e30 m3 (wider than stock) widebody conversion is what I also plan on doing. And either;

A) ls1/t56, possible boost later on.
    B) 3.0L franken motor with bewst.

I'm stoked to see this thing start getting towards final stages (motor and body) Good work!
    Thanks I am pretty excited myself!

Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    Ls1!
    +1... thought I might do a LS1 in my DD to replace the M50... Still might do that someday dunno

Quote Originally Posted by hangloose01 View Post
    u got any pics on that BBK I SEE
    ?huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post

Do you have a link?

Thanks!
    This was the old web address
    http://www.eurostopusa.com/

But when you go there they are transferring over stuff. I originally found it on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EVO-R...Q5fAccessories

This is their Ebay store... If you call them ask for Ary (Ah-ree) and tell him that Kevin from DTR sent you!

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DTMFiberWerkz__W0QQ_armrsZ1

It does require some knowledge of installing body panels and such.

Dreams To Reality Performance One Lap of America 2010 GT2SB winner, 4th Overall, car build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    I hope to hear this kitty purr tomorrow night!!
    -Anthony Magagnoli
    #80 BMW M235i Racing - Pirelli World Challenge TC - 2017 Rookie of the Year
    Rooster Hall Racing / FCP Euro
    '87 BMW SpecE30 #007 - 2012 NASA SpecE30 NATIONAL CHAMPION
    '08 BMW "130i" 6MT, '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT 5MT (my childhood dream car!)
    Send Your Teens to Street Survival

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    Ohhhh snap!
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3SpdDmn View Post
    I hope to hear this kitty purr tomorrow night!!

Unfortunately probably not as I was just informed that the Machinist is too busy doing his main work to be able to get to the government job that is my spacer! UGH! By the end of the week I was told now... Um yeah! Been working on my hood today (some may have noticed how much higher the fuel rail and such sits)... Camera batteries are dead so pics will have to come later I'm afraid.

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    Maybe time for a new machinest...
    -Chris

My Cars
    01 e38, 91 e30
    where the h*ll, did you get those flares, I want some when I get my e30, selling all my vw stuff, and doing the same thing you are but Im keeping my autronic and presicion 66mm turbo off the race car to put on my e30...

looks bas *ss by the way...

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by So Live View Post
    Maybe time for a new machinest...
    Only he is the only one I know that will do this sort of thing (cnc) stupid cheap... Maybe by tomorrow I'll have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 32 VALVES View Post
    where the h*ll, did you get those flares, I want some when I get my e30, selling all my vw stuff, and doing the same thing you are but Im keeping my autronic and presicion 66mm turbo off the race car to put on my e30...

looks bas *ss by the way...
    I posted up a little higher in the thread where I got them. Thanks very much though!

So I got the last of the parts that were needed to drive the car today... But still no spacer. Again maybe tomorrow. So again more bodywork. Today and yesterday was Hood time! My way of dealing with hood clearance issues:

I know the pics are crappy... for some reason my flash didn't wanna take and that was all the battery I had left... I know I forgot to get them. I have about 3/4" clearance under the hood now. Sorta has that e90 M3 look I think. When I get the whole hood done and the rest of everything all sanded up and in primer I guess it'll be easier to tell what it looks like.

I am now also doing some little touches to the bumpers. That will be the last of the custom bodywork prior to just sanding and followed by more sanding in preparation for the paintjob. It's probably going to be in primer sealer for the trackday.

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    Thats going to look bad ass imo. Those latches seem excessive, but i think once painted they will look better.

Picture from the front once it's all done with the doors open and the hood popped = sex
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    Car looks great. Wish I had an E30 to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post

Do you have a link?

Thanks!
    I think they are vendors here, check out the GB section. I could be wrong but that name looks familiar...
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Wow! I just read the whole thread and It is great! Pretty much what I am doing to my car. Except I went oem width on the flares.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...=71901&page=20

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by M3_MadBimmer View Post
    Thats going to look bad ass imo. Those latches seem excessive, but i think once painted they will look better.

Picture from the front once it's all done with the doors open and the hood popped = sex
    Thanks! I was/am a little worried that it will look a little large when painted etc... but I needed something for clearance and it has basically just enough clearance now.

Yeah about the latches... well see the car is going to be capable of 180mph... and it will possibly see that at some of the tracks it will see... so rather than chance it, I went with more than two. Which brings me to your idea of the pic... the hood is removable fiberglass... so popping it can't happen (hence the latches)

Quote Originally Posted by stanksbeamen View Post
    Car looks great. Wish I had an E30 to play with.

I think they are vendors here, check out the GB section. I could be wrong but that name looks familiar...
    E30's I think are the worlds best kept secret IMHO. And yeah the fender manufacturer is a vendor of BFC.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo325ii View Post
    Wow! I just read the whole thread and It is great! Pretty much what I am doing to my car. Except I went oem width on the flares.

your car looks awesome! FWIW... I am NOT a body guy. I have some talent maybe, but my shop isn't set up for it and I really don't have the patience on some level. Maybe when I grow up and have more time on my hands I can sit down and take my time... but there is so much to do on the whole car I can't spend too much time on any one thing. This is basically a one man show.

Man somethings are just so sweet! I haven't seen the near completed front end of my car in over two years! Wow! I started off by filling in the void areas in the opening for the intercooler. While the glass was setting I started on the grille support piece which took quite a bit of time to fit. Then some massaging of the fender edges and on the grilles and lights went! But then I noticed that the center of the hood sat WAY too high... so dropped that down to where it sits now. Funny thing, I had 3/4" clearance in the center of the hood... that is now about 3/8". Should still be way fine. I still have a lot to do on the bumper yet. Install turns signals (not sure how well that will work out honestly. Fix the upper bumper edge to grille line, and finish the inlet to the IC. Just thought I'd share.

actually... here are some better pics I just took after I cleaned up a bit. Also, I mounted the turns, and a few other things underneath of the bumper cover. I also basically completely bolted it in. The only thing left is some finish work on the front and I was thinking of shimming up the bumper rebar to close the gap on the front some. Basically just details. I have to do work on the rear bumper next.

I think it looks kinda angry!
    Last edited by DTRguy; 10-02-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Well, finished up the under side stuff and put her down on the wheels! Had to do some work on the fenders and such and I raised it up a tad for fender clearance as well. So prior to corner balancing, this is the height that it will be.

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    moar side shots. K thx.

Looks good tho dude! Glad to see shes on the ground!
    -Chris

My Cars
    530i E60
    Wow the car does look sweet and can't wait to see the car painted.
    Yeah take photos of the car sideways. or at other angles.

530i E60 Wizard of Nos Nitrous System/STS Rear Mounted Custom Turbo(PSI_unknown)

My Cars
    93 325iS
    I really dig the body work. The hood, not so much, but its a race car and needed. Nice work!

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    I really dig the body work. The hood, not so much, but its a race car and needed. Nice work!

Thanks! I think you might change your mind on the hood if you saw it in person. I have had nothing but overwhelming positive response of people who have seen it in the shop so far. But as you may know I didn't do it as an aesthetic thing. I had to for the needed clearance. Otherwise I would not have done it trust me.

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Some were wondering how I was going to attach the rear bumper... well honestly I was wondering the same thing. Sometimes I just have to think a bit. This is what I came up with. I wanted a clean appearance with no easily visible attachments:

What I did was I used a piece of the original bumper mount and used long screws to locate the bumper cover and mount together with the correct spacing. Then I removed the cover and made aluminum mounts. Bonded those to the cover and done. I reinforced the lowers with fiberglass... and I may do the tops. I doubt it will be the last time I remove the bumper cover and do more work on it!

I also opened up the exhaust hole and reshaped/glassed it. During this operation I worked on the front IC inlet some more...

I am hoping to get the spacer by 5pm on Wed now I am told... I hope so, at this rate the car will be painted by the time I get it running! I will get more pics from around the car once I can pull it out of the shop. Too hard to push solo... So I'll do that when I take it up for it's first alignment.

My Cars
    530i E60
    Wow, is all I can say.
    Why don't guys like you live next door. LOL

530i E60 Wizard of Nos Nitrous System/STS Rear Mounted Custom Turbo(PSI_unknown)

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Hey, I think I was the one wondering how you attached the rear bumper, as I am currently in the same boat. It took me a second to figure out exactly how you did this but I think I got it.

So you cut that piece from a normal non m3 bumper attached it to the body, then held up the bumper in the desired position, then screwed into the piece that you put on the body, then slid the bumper back with the piece attatched by the screws, then you made the aluminum pieces to fit??? Am I on the right track?

How did you secure the bumper in the rear regarding the bumper shocks?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast