Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: E30 GT35 m52 street/track demo car

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by So Live View Post
    Good work dude!!!! Looks perfect for your race car!
    Thanks Chris! They are a little wider maybe than normal dive planes, but I was trying mostly to make a sort of "fairing" to get the air off of the front of the tires. They are basically exactly at the edge of the tires. Should really do something too I'd say... Wouldn't you think?

Dreams To Reality Performance One Lap of America 2010 GT2SB winner, 4th Overall, car build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    Youd think so. Makes sense to me!
    -Chris

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Looks interesting. Nice Vbox time, I really need to Vbox my car.. If I were guessing, I'd say you're around mid-400's, like stated before. Nice!

My Cars
    1996 M3
    Congratulations on the build, I have just spent the last hour reviewing the entire threat.

This is the kind of work that puts your skills to the test and brings credibility to your work with regards to future customers. Keep it up.

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    Looking good Kevin, I'll blow a peter north load once that car is going to be painted. I just know how fucking hot it's going to look
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    I can't explain how good that looks and it's not even painted yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by M3_MadBimmer View Post
    Looking good Kevin, I'll blow a peter north load once that car is going to be painted. I just know how fucking hot it's going to look
    You are starting to sound like me.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    You tought me well Cam.

It's sort of funny and i'm sure you won't remeber, but about 6 years ago when I was 16 and first got my 94 325is and was checking out AA turbo m3's I fell in love. I somehow found your turbo m3 (back in the day with the e46 bumper) on cardomain I think. You had that and a supra, which at the time were both my dream cars. I remember sending you a email asking what you did for a living lol.

You tought me well, or inspired at least
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    You tought me well Cam.

It's sort of funny and i'm sure you won't remeber, but about 6 years ago when I was 16 and first got my 94 325is and was checking out AA turbo m3's I fell in love. I somehow found your turbo m3 (back in the day with the e46 bumper) on cardomain I think. You had that and a supra, which at the time were both my dream cars. I remember sending you a email asking what you did for a living lol.

You tought me well, or inspired at least
    Thank you! Wow! I feel REALLY old now! It's sad that I sold the Supra. I miss her. I think I'll buy another one some day when the economy gets better. Funny, the cardomain sites are still up, I just haven't updated them in a while and won't be. Some guy was using the pics and info and then posting my car for sale on the net to steal deposits from people. Anyway, that's cool to hear! Thanks!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    Looks interesting. Nice Vbox time, I really need to Vbox my car.. If I were guessing, I'd say you're around mid-400's, like stated before. Nice!
    yeah that is very likely about the power... read my comments to the 60-130 stat in my post on that thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaracasE30 View Post
    Congratulations on the build, I have just spent the last hour reviewing the entire threat.

This is the kind of work that puts your skills to the test and brings credibility to your work with regards to future customers. Keep it up.
    Thank you very much for those kind words I certainly hope so. Those that know me, or have been in my shop may tell you that my shop isn't as pretty as most, but its what I do here that makes the difference. When I get more capitol within the business, the shop is gonna really take a turn for the better. Hard when I do all the work, as well as try to keep the shop looking nice. Something has to suffer!

Man thanks! I am surely hoping so. Those dive planes were ver. 2.0... the first one I did just didn't look right to me. Anthony suggested the change and I think it not only looks better but should work better as well. Now I am trying to decide whether or not to do anything with the finish of them... Black, body color, natural... Thoughts, Opinions or Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I can't explain how good that looks and it's not even painted yet!

You are starting to sound like me.
    Cameron thanks man! FWIW, I can't explain how good it feels to have something come together that I have been designing and planning for 3 years and have guys like you and others basically unanamously agree that it is turning out well. Styling is one thing that is hard to nail down and even harder to get the masses to approve. I realize I am the one that I have to please... but, I think like the masses, so well you get it.

Painting should commence very likely by the end of November or early Dec. A friend of mine does his own custom paint and body work on his show cars and his work trucks (owns a trucking company) For not being a "body man" and being basically a business owner like myself... his paint work is simply put amazing. He has been harping on me since he first told me the body kit looked like crap that I should be trying to get it too look good to compliment the work I was doing in the engine bay. Well, he came by on this past Sat and was completely blown away with the work I did on the body kit. He has offered to work with me to get the car painted ASAP for a upcoming show here local. If it all works out... Early January the car's body will be complete and in show quality (or as close to show quality a race car should be).

Dreams To Reality Performance One Lap of America 2010 GT2SB winner, 4th Overall, car build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    hmmm tough to say about paint scheme, are you going for a clean 1-tone, 1-tone with decals/graphics or something a bit more wild with decal/graphics?
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    hmmm tough to say about paint scheme, are you going for a clean 1-tone, 1-tone with decals/graphics or something a bit more wild with decal/graphics?

The paint is going to be the original Sterling Silver Metallic. There will be black accents on the bumpers in areas in keeping with a sort of stock look paint scheme. The only stickers that will be on the car will be the sponsor stickers. Those have yet to be made, and may very well be done in only black. The only exception will be the One Lap door logo. It's just that the dive planes look well, home made Of course I am my own worst critic ya know?

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    Exaclty what I was hoping to hear Kevin. Black window trim, bumper cavities/mouldings, I would recommend doing the dive planes in same black color as the rest of the trim etc.

And if you want to consider it at all, please paint it alpine white. Actually don't because thats what i'm going to do
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Exaclty what I was hoping to hear Kevin. Black window trim, bumper cavities/mouldings, I would recommend doing the dive planes in same black color as the rest of the trim etc.

And if you want to consider it at all, please paint it alpine white. Actually don't because thats what i'm going to do

Ha ha... white cars are indeed HOT! But I have a thing for Silver cars for some reason. My last project car was also silver!

The polished anodized aluminum window trim will remain as is most likely unless they are just too scratched and then I will do something with them. But yes the recessed areas in the bumpers and around the turns (turns are going to be blacked out) and the area in the IC intake will be blacked out for contrast. I think you are right about making the planes black. Anthony was just here checking it out in person and we had an idea of using heavy sign vinyl on them for color (but mostly paint protection, due to the sharp hard nature of the planes and the vibration they will see). However, I could either have them anodized black, painted or powdercoated black, and use the vinyl on the edges only. I do know that the wing and front lower spoiler extension/splitter will most likely be all black as well. So it should flow with the theme.

Thanks for your input!

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Side-cam action It gets going good about 1/3 of the way in. Highlights include giving an E46 M3 on r-comps a point by, letting him all but pass me on the back straight before stabbing the throttle again, just to pull back on him for a sec to toy with him before letting him go. Other main highlight was later, pulling on, and then passing, a 996 Turbo on Hoosiers. Remember this is an instructor group, so no one is driving terribly slow!

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/7691465[/ame]
    -Anthony Magagnoli
    #80 BMW M235i Racing - Pirelli World Challenge TC - 2017 Rookie of the Year
    Rooster Hall Racing / FCP Euro
    '87 BMW SpecE30 #007 - 2012 NASA SpecE30 NATIONAL CHAMPION
    '08 BMW "130i" 6MT, '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT 5MT (my childhood dream car!)
    Send Your Teens to Street Survival

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    turbo m3
    I guess that I need to drive up and see this car....
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    I guess that I need to drive up and see this car....
    Yes. Do it Saturday, or just wait for the Cavalcade of Customs, Jan 8-10
    -Anthony Magagnoli
    #80 BMW M235i Racing - Pirelli World Challenge TC - 2017 Rookie of the Year
    Rooster Hall Racing / FCP Euro
    '87 BMW SpecE30 #007 - 2012 NASA SpecE30 NATIONAL CHAMPION
    '08 BMW "130i" 6MT, '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT 5MT (my childhood dream car!)
    Send Your Teens to Street Survival

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3SpdDmn View Post
    Yes. Do it Saturday, or just wait for the Cavalcade of Customs, Jan 8-10

As Anthony said... the short term goal is to have the body finished and show it at the local Cavalcade show. Tonight we are going to fool with some boost tuning

But this is the big news of the day!!!

Big shout out goes to Jeff Ireland of Ireland engineering for digging these beauties up for me! Just what the beast needs!

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    What was wrong with the old ones Kevin?
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    What was wrong with the old ones Kevin?
    They are heavy, drilled and one piece meant for a VW. I made a MK4 Grand Turismo kit from Brembo work on my car by using custom brackets I designed and modified the rotors. I never intended to actually USE those rotors, but they ended up working fairly well. They have a little bit of a warp in them, but will be used as backups. These will be MUCH better and lighter!

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    Sweet
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    2000 323ci
    This car is insane!

quick question, are you running standalone? I probably missed it. But i wanted to know how do you tune to delete maf and idle air control valve. Also, how do you go about installing the throttle positioning sensor, or do you get rid of that too?

Thanks

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    The MAF is replaced with a MAP sensor. Your car already has a TPS and ICV you should be using both of them regardless of what EMS you go with...

I think hes using 034 motorsports EMS
    -Chris

My Cars
    2000 323ci
    Damn got some more reading to do, didn't know you could run a map sensor.

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    Quote Originally Posted by IWannaBMW View Post

Haha no worries dude, that's why forums are sweet. It's a great place to learn cool shit.
    -Chris

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    This car is insane!

quick question, are you running standalone? I probably missed it. But i wanted to know how do you tune to delete maf and idle air control valve. Also, how do you go about installing the throttle positioning sensor, or do you get rid of that too?

Thanks
    THANKS! Yeah what was said below.

Quote Originally Posted by So Live View Post
    The MAF is replaced with a MAP sensor. Your car already has a TPS and ICV you should be using both of them regardless of what EMS you go with...

I think hes using 034 motorsports EMS
    Yessir get your reading/research on! All of us are on a steep learning curve and it never ends!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast