Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: E30 GT35 m52 street/track demo car

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    Hey congrats on the article in the july roundel!!! Sounds like you guys had a good time and did pretty damn well. I got a kick out of the cars on the leader board. 997 turbo, gt2, gt-r, z06, gt3rs and the BMW e30. Priceless!!

Keep up the good work guys!
    -Chris

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    -Anthony Magagnoli
    #80 BMW M235i Racing - Pirelli World Challenge TC - 2017 Rookie of the Year
    Rooster Hall Racing / FCP Euro
    '87 BMW SpecE30 #007 - 2012 NASA SpecE30 NATIONAL CHAMPION
    '08 BMW "130i" 6MT, '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT 5MT (my childhood dream car!)
    Send Your Teens to Street Survival

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by So Live View Post
    I got a kick out of the cars on the leader board. 997 turbo, gt2, gt-r, z06, gt3rs and the BMW e30. Priceless!!

Keep up the good work guys!
    +1 that is an awesome list to be on!

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Ok, so whats happening with this car??? I love this car, and would love to hear more about it. Was it ever dyno'd... I dont recall.

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Kevin is driving it routinely. I took it to the Tire Rack Street Survival School in Dayton last month. He has greatly improved the tune. It's still figured to be putting down ~500 crank, but has not seen a dyno. Thanks for your interest!
    -Anthony Magagnoli

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo325ii View Post
    Ok, so whats happening with this car??? I love this car, and would love to hear more about it. Was it ever dyno'd... I dont recall.

Yeah not much has taken place... I installed a racing aluminum radiator and have been driving it when the feeling arises ... I am kind of afraid honestly to put it on a dyno. I know it has a crapload of power... and it is stupid fast. That is really all that matters to me. I worry that my used craptastic parts on the drivetrain will explode when subjected to the rigors of a Dyno machine. The street is much less stressfull on the drivetrain than a dyno would be. I honestly think it is putting somewhere in the neighborhood of 525 WHEEL at 18psi. The ITB's really help it flow out a bunch up top (where your top HP number will come from IMO)

Dreams To Reality Performance One Lap of America 2010 GT2SB winner, 4th Overall, car build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    Sounds good man! The dyno# doesn't really matter but it is just another thing to drool over haha. Keep it up!

My Cars
    Maxima
    Wow!!!! I never sign on at all here, but I read through this whole build and I'm speechless to say the least. I'm not really sure what to say, other than amazing craftsmanship!!!! And to the driver, congrats on your amazing skills!!!

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003rex View Post
    Wow!!!! I never sign on at all here, but I read through this whole build and I'm speechless to say the least. I'm not really sure what to say, other than amazing craftsmanship!!!! And to the driver, congrats on your amazing skills!!!
    Thanks man.

...content will be added here this winter >>> www.DriveFasterNow.com
    -Anthony Magagnoli

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Are all of the videos of this car posted in one location for easy viewing? I would love to watch some more..

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    Are all of the videos of this car posted in one location for easy viewing? I would love to watch some more..

-Mike
    YES

http://www.vimeo.com/album/135754
    -Anthony Magagnoli

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Sweet, thanks!

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v

Down but not out... The RE do!

So I took my car down for some upgrades over a year ago and I just haven't had the motivation, time or money to really take a big stab at it. I have done things here and there but it was time for the big things to be done. A lot was learned during the many track sessions about what exactly the car needed to be taken to the next level performance wise and aesthetically... so here is what I have done so far, and what is in store:

First:
    The rear subframe was reinforced years ago but the design I used limited rear swingarm down travel. That was fixed (should help keep the inside wheel from lifting and spinning in a corner for sure!
    The front clip was reinforced both inside and outside of the main chassis. I have no intentions of ever putting in a FULL cage that would help keep the chassis stiff, so I capped the outer reinforcement on the apron and tied in the shock towers to the apron inside the engine bay.
    The front struts were replaced with Koni Adjustables and front springs stiffened 100lbs (500's - 600's)... And why did I do this?

Wheels have been WIDENED... Tha's right... I went from 8.5-9.5" and 245 front rubber to 265! The rear wheels were widened from 10.5 to a proper 315 width of 11".

The car never looked right when I changed the tires sizes anyway. The fender openings had to be cheated to allow for the rubber and it always bothered me greatly! Soooo.....

Second:
    Body mods...
    The rear fenders were stretched over an inch to just clear and tuck the rear meats including the side skirts so it didn't look strange. The fronts were stretched over 2"! Now the rear flares are over 4.5" and the fronts are 4"! The wheels look more like they are the same width, and the flares not so uneven. The front bumper is getting the most love though! I have added an air dam to the front spoiler lowering the front ground clearance by 3". I will be adding an under carriage support frame to mount a functional splitter to go under the new spoiler/air dam. Also, the drivers side lower hole was filled (not doing anything anyhow), correct turn signals have been found and fitted, and brake cooling ducts will be added to the air dam to keep the big brembo's cool under pressure! This is where I am NOW, doing the rough body mods. So far it is looking WAY better and more like a proper e30 M3 style body.

NEXT (after the body is ready for paint)

I am adding to the roll cage. I will be adding diagonal door bars, putting in an "X" in the rear section and a diagonal in the main hoop. I have a new carpet to install and hope to get my seats re covered (not imperative, but think it would be nice). I have been toying with the idea of doing a top of dash gauge pod... but may re use a gauge face plate that I will install in the upper vents. Don't know how or when that will take place as it's prohibitively expensive for me at this time to get a bunch of new gauges!

PAINT!

All of the windows and trim once again are going to be removed for a full body spray. DEF not my favorite thing to do, but it's the only way it will look as good as it should.

Engine:
    I have a newer (unmolested) M52 2.8 from an auto car with low mileage that I will use as my new bottom end (the original one being saved for a future full build). I want to get my head decked for flatness and new ARP's and Cometic will be used once again. I would LOVE to o ring the block as it has been discovered that using copper o rings on the block side of a setup using the cometic gasket all but eliminates a blown head gasket. That remains to be seen as to whether or not I get that done. I will be using solid aluminum motor mounts (urethane just isn't stiff enough I have found).

Finally:
    I will be replacing all of the normal wear out items, ie tie rods, control arms, wheel bearings etc... I already have installed the BW eyeball mounts replacing the M3 ones I had previously.

Goals:

I would like to have the car ready for Oktoberfest at Mid O... we'll see. Lots of money is still needed to get everything done that I would like to. Time and motivation I have right now... Money??? LOL not so much!

When things on the body look a little more complete I will post up... if anyone is interested...

Dreams To Reality Performance One Lap of America 2010 GT2SB winner, 4th Overall, car build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

My Cars
    e36 Track Car
    I saw this car last night, she is W I D E. I think it looks mean. Nice job Kevin!
    Regards, Nate.
    www.DriveFasterNow.com

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Pictures?

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    1+
    OLD
    E30

636whp
    1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

NEW BUILD
    335d

520whp
    635wtq
    120.51mph trap speed

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    You really want to see pics of rough fiberglass shaping??? It has a LONG way to go before paint... so the shaping is like I said in rough form.

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Yes!

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    '97 Estoril M3 Turbo
    Do you really need to ask?!

Yes, always pictures!
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    | GT35R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS Oring Block w/ elring | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 | Nick G Tuning |
    | 46mm Precision gate| 62# injectors | Dual Walbro's |
    Goal: 600+ whp pump gas reliable 10 second car.
    -2007 335i Sport Package

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Oh good God LOL... Waiting now for my photobucket to upload TWO pics... There isn't much to show... a lot of the upgrades/ changes I described are now under bodywork (or the car... and it's on the ground. When I get it on a lift again I can take pics of the subframe and when I get to putting in the engine or at some point I can take pics of the reinforcement of the shock towers in the engine bay.

Whole car as it sat the other night

Side view showing fender width and tire fitment... FWIW, it's so close you can't get your finger in the gap... but never comes close to rubbing through complete throw of suspension

I don't really like showing in process body work when it's got soooo much yet needed to be done.
    Last edited by DTRguy; 05-31-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    FrankBuilt 95 TRM3
    Dude....

My Cars
    '97 Estoril M3 Turbo
    Uhh, I think you've gottin too used to this thing. Those pics are teh secks.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    | GT35R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS Oring Block w/ elring | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 | Nick G Tuning |
    | 46mm Precision gate| 62# injectors | Dual Walbro's |
    Goal: 600+ whp pump gas reliable 10 second car.
    -2007 335i Sport Package

My Cars
    90 325is,89 325i24v
    Quote Originally Posted by rt turbo View Post
    Uhh, I think you've gottin too used to this thing. Those pics are teh secks.
    Ha ha Thanks! Maybe you are right... I just know how much better it will look when I get to the next phase of finishing and priming. Hard to see how wide it is and how dramatic some of the lines are in patchwork fiberglass. I have been reworking the body now for two weeks... sections at a time. Today it's finishing up the shape of the rear bumper. Only have a few areas now that need attention before I get into the smoothing phase (I can't wait for that!)

My Cars
    none
    I always wondered what happened to this thing! Glad to see you back at it sir!

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    1+
    OLD
    E30

636whp
    1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

NEW BUILD
    335d

520whp
    635wtq