Thread: f1 racing ltw flywheel and stage one clutch

My Cars
    96 328i

f1 racing ltw flywheel and stage one clutch

Just wondering if anyone is running this setup 16lb flywheel and oem clutch, I am currently running UUC stage 2 flywheel with M5 cerremetallic clutch and this setup comepletely blows for a daily driver I was initially planning on supercharging but now plans have changed and I am looking for a more daily driveable setup I know gripforce sells these f1 racing kits I'm looking for something that's a little better than oem but with oem driveability let me know guys what you think of this setup for those who are running it or what other kind of setup you would reccomend thanks

My Cars
    94 325 always in pieces
    I have their stage 2 setup with the 16lb flywheel it has been great so far.

My Cars
    96 328i
    hows the chatter? does is still drive like oem? the current setup i have shudders alot when glazed and is very touchy, making it hard for anyone to drive my car with the current setup

My Cars
    94 325 always in pieces
    I have driven a few friends e36's with oem clutches, and it was similar. I did an auto to manual swap on my car, so I couldn't directly compare I guess. Hardly any chatter at all, I barely hear it.

My Cars
    96 328i
    ok awesome i will be ordering this right away.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    i got the stg3 w/ 16lb flywheel. no chatter, maybe in reverse very minimal..

My Cars
    96 328i
    awesome this is just sounding better and better, any shuddering issues?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tEckniks View Post
    i got the stg3 w/ 16lb flywheel. no chatter, maybe in reverse very minimal..

Same here.

Great setup for insane low price. Very grabby
    -Matt
    99' techno e36 M3 coupe/5sp

My Cars
    N/A
    define grabby

My Cars
    1998 M3
    once you let off the friction point it grabs pretty quick

Rob Levinson is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanred View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is running this setup 16lb flywheel and oem clutch, I am currently running UUC stage 2 flywheel with M5 cerremetallic clutch and this setup comepletely blows for a daily driver
    Sounds to me like you're not happy with the characteristics of the clutch itself. The CeraMetallic is designed for extreme power applications with occasional drag-racing, and may have a small amount of take-up judder if slipped excessively.

No need to replace the flywheel at all, and no reason to go outside the UUC catalog for an alternate clutch that will handle your power.

Our relatively new (~2 years) Segmented Kevlar is designed for high-powered street-driven cars and will give you smooth engagement almost indistinguishable from an organic.

Even our Performance Organic is good for cars up to around 400hp that are driven in a "mature" manner without clutch abuse.

Hope that helps!
    ----------
    NOT with that company any more.

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by tEckniks View Post
    once you let off the friction point it grabs pretty quick
    Ed, I need a test drive in your car. I will be needing a new clutch soon and am thinking of going the Gripforce F1 stg 3 route.
    Garrett

My Cars
    2015 435i M Sport
    Ha ha, posted a write-up about the same set-up last summer...
    Answers ALL your questions...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1119885
    BMW CCA Member 186373 - Golden Gate Chapter
    Former (e)Bombe Magazine Editor, "The Toy Box" product review writer | Current member of Team Jesus

Gone: 1995 E36 M3 Arctik Silber, 1996 E36 M3 Cosmos, 1991 E30 318is Cosmos

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxoM3 View Post
    Ha ha, posted a write-up about the same set-up last summer...
    Answers ALL your questions...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1119885
    I like the OE flywheel, but will need a clutch capable of putting down 400 wheel. I want something that is not too much of a PITA to drive, though . . .
    Garrett

My Cars
    96 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Levinson View Post
    Sounds to me like you're not happy with the characteristics of the clutch itself. The CeraMetallic is designed for extreme power applications with occasional drag-racing, and may have a small amount of take-up judder if slipped excessively.

No need to replace the flywheel at all, and no reason to go outside the UUC catalog for an alternate clutch that will handle your power.

Our relatively new (~2 years) Segmented Kevlar is designed for high-powered street-driven cars and will give you smooth engagement almost indistinguishable from an organic.

Even our Performance Organic is good for cars up to around 400hp that are driven in a "mature" manner without clutch abuse.

Hope that helps!
    Hey rob thanks for the info I am not running any mods currently except cai and may do exhaust and headers what kind of clutch would you reccomend with my current flywheel and what kind of price and availibility do you have? Also will it be smoother engagement? Right now the setup is not very smooth for engagement and it is very grabby definately a little hard to get used to

Rob Levinson is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanred View Post
    Hey rob thanks for the info I am not running any mods currently except cai and may do exhaust and headers what kind of clutch would you reccomend with my current flywheel and what kind of price and availibility do you have? Also will it be smoother engagement? Right now the setup is not very smooth for engagement and it is very grabby definately a little hard to get used to
    Hmmm... not sure why you would even have the CeraMetallic given the tune of your car.

I would recommend our Performance Organic. This is more than sufficient for any bolt-on mods or even "built motor" applications short of high-power turbo/supercharger.

The Performance Organic setup will have smooth characteristics just like the OE clutch after a short break-in period. The Performance Organic also has a longer lifespan than the more exotic materials and is just as "friendly" for stop-and-go traffic as the original M3 clutch.
    ----------
    NOT with that company any more.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    The OP said he purchased that setup as he was going FI but has since changed his mind.

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    I have a JBR 11lbs 240mm flywheel with the F1 stage3 6 puck clutch. It's a little difficult to get used to at first but really isn't all that bad for daily driving.

My Cars
    2015 435i M Sport
    Hey Disco, is the 6puck a sprung hub type?

I was looking at the stage 2, but was worried it'd be too *grabby* for the street.
    BMW CCA Member 186373 - Golden Gate Chapter
    Former (e)Bombe Magazine Editor, "The Toy Box" product review writer | Current member of Team Jesus

Gone: 1995 E36 M3 Arctik Silber, 1996 E36 M3 Cosmos, 1991 E30 318is Cosmos

My Cars
    96 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Levinson View Post
    Hmmm... not sure why you would even have the CeraMetallic given the tune of your car.

I would recommend our Performance Organic. This is more than sufficient for any bolt-on mods or even "built motor" applications short of high-power turbo/supercharger.

The Performance Organic setup will have smooth characteristics just like the OE clutch after a short break-in period. The Performance Organic also has a longer lifespan than the more exotic materials and is just as "friendly" for stop-and-go traffic as the original M3 clutch.
    yes my initial plan was to go FI but plans have changed, how would the oe m5 clutch work with this flywheel? i want something as close to oe driveability as possible without having to buy dual mass flywheel

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog 20/20 View Post
    Ed, I need a test drive in your car. I will be needing a new clutch soon and am thinking of going the Gripforce F1 stg 3 route.
    Dude you know your are more then welcome to drive my car. Right now shes down, all 4 fikses are bent. Someone ran me off the road. Getting fully repolished, fixed, and painted

Supposedly the 6puck clutch stg3 is rated to 480hp/450tq, but they said there are people running alot more power holding fine.. those crazy 35r guys
    Last edited by tEckniks; 07-10-2009 at 01:55 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3, 07 Titan, 96 XJ
    My Stage 4 is on the way i actually reseived the clutch disk today... 6puck unsprung FTW.. i love unsprung clutches... anyway waiting on the flywheel and pressure plate to arive hopfully monday.

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
    Daily E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.790 :: 1/8th - 8.20 :: MPH - 84.68 :: 1/4 - 12.81 :: MPH - 107.05
    *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95
    Cool2seat's TTstg1 E36 M3 - 60ft - 2.123 :: 1/8th - 8.44 :: MPH - 87.71 :: 1/4 - 12.94 :: MPH - 107.95