Here is a description of what we have.
1972 BMW 2002 Vintage Race Car
Built to run Group 8 in most vintage clubs
Car has no title only a bill of sale will be issued.
We purchased the car at a local online Auction, the story is three cars were stored in a rental storage building, and the rent was not paid for a number of months, the owner did everything he had to do and ended up hiring the Auction Company to move the cars.
I purchased the as it is with no spares no documentation, no racing log books

What I have been able to find out since is:
Car was built from a rust-free California car by Jeff Ireland of Ireland Engineering in California.
He was commissioned by a gentleman named Rich Conklin and Jason Lee (actor, My Name is Earl), about 10 years ago to build a strong safe reliable Vintage Race Car. Mr Conklin and Mr. Lee vintage raced the race for a number of years on the west coast, after which Mr. Conklin bought Mr. Lee out of his half of the car. Mr. Conklin than moved the car to the Southeast were he vintage race the car. That is about it for history.
Ireland did everything right, and with his vast knowledge of BMW 2002's the car turned out very well.
Here are some of the changes he made:
Gutted and stripped the complete interior
Media blasted the interior, some seam welding
Add fiberglass front hood and rear trunk lid
Install a very strong roll cage that ties into all of the suspension towers and has great door bars and cross bracing.
Cobra Racing seat
Add adjustable suspension front and rear
Bilstien shocks
Adjustable sway bars front and rear
Limited slip rear end
5-speed transmission
The engine is full raced prepared with high compression pistons and a BMW sports cam, we think it is a 11.5 to 1 motor
Two (2) WEBER DOCE carbs, jetted for the car
Oversized radiator (this car should be able to run all day long in 100 degree heat)

Since we purchased the car we have done:
New rocker in the engine
New Sparco race belts (Hans Device ready)
New front Calipers
New front rotors
New front brake pads (CarboTech)
Changed oil to Red Line, with new filter
Removed the headers and sand blasted and painted them with high temp paint

Know Damage:
"Racing" dents on one side
Trunk lid has a crack in the fiberglass, looks like something dropped on it.
Orange paint on hood is cracked and flaking off

We are asking $8,300.00 or Best Offer, for it as is. No warranty express or implied. The car will be sold as-is where-is. Buyer is responsible for pickup.

Email me if you have any questions or need anything clarified. I photos.

tom.start@comcast.net