Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator questions

My Cars
    2013 ///M3 ZCP
    I have a Dinan FPR for your car somewhere in my garage.

When I find it; I'll put it with your key, clips and radiator cover.

My Cars
    M3/28is
    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Currently have have the following on my E36 M3 (s52)

• Dinan CAI
    • Dinan TB
    • Dinan Software
    My plans for the future include:
    • M50 manifold
    • Euro 3.5" HFM
    • Ungraded Dinan Software (stage 5)
    This is what Dinan says about their stage 5 software:

Now, I know that the M50 and Euro HFM are basically the same stuff that would be accomodated by a Dinan Stage 5 kit with the exception that Dinan includes a 4-Bar (rising rate) Fuel Pressure Regulator. And I haven't found a great source of aftermarket FPR's.

Since the Dinan software was written with the upgraded FPR in mind, I'm kind of leery about doing the manifold/HFM/Software without the upgraded FPR. But I've also heard that some feel it's unnecessary.

Have any of you gone down this road before? Do you have any real world advice you can give me?

Thanks,

Trayson
    I'm actually in the same boat except I'm using a Cosmo v2 intake and don't have the enlarged TB. I was thinking of using 24# injectors (over stock 21.5#) instead of the hard-to-find Dinan fuel pump. Any thoughts on whether this would work well? 21.5 -> 24# is a fairly proportional increase to 3.5 -> 4.0 bar...

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Kind of an old thread but couldn't find a solution on the forums so i figure i would share my solution and offer my solution. Once I got the new filter with 3.5 bar regulator installed I removed it and measured different key points and compared them to the bosch 4.0 bar regulator. The outer body was the same, only difference was the inner brass portion. I machined down the bosch 4 bar regulator test fitted and fits exactly as it should. Installed the o-rings and replaced the corevette fuel filter that died and was causing 5 bar at the rail . The corvette fikter is not a dirext swap fyi.. Connected to fuel pressure gauge to the rail and bam, 4 bar! works like a champ.

If anyone's interested 20 bucks for the machine work plus shipping or 55 for a new regulator ordered from amazon, machined and plus shipping.
    Clint

"Poor man buys it twice"
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Cool stuff.

I ended up putting Ty's Dinan FPR in my M3 a couple years ago. (I waited until I had access to a lift at a BMW CCA do-it-yourself day).
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12