Thread: Question for windshield experts:

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe, 08 535xiT

Question Question for windshield experts:

I recently had my windshield replaced at a local shop (I don't want to get into the details of it, but they didn't know their head from their ass when it came to working on a BMW windshield). Currently, I'm getting a lot of water accumulation during rain, and it seems as though there is still a thin film on the glass (perhaps from packaging ).

I tried Bon-Ami to no luck, then took it back to them. They used a compound that they use to get very bad water spots off of glass, which helped out the problem immensely. However, it is still not perfect, and I would like for it to be. Also, since I don't particularly want to bring it back to them, does anyone on the forum have any recommendations/ideas on how to get the windshield to function properly? Any thoughts are welcome, and thanks in advance for any help.

-Evan

Edit: Removed accidental smiley.
    Last edited by EvanL; 08-25-2003 at 08:33 AM.
    2007 335i Coupe - Space Grey/Coral Red

My Cars
    Black and White
    water accumulation? either rain-x or waxing the windshield can help repell water, let it slide easily. good luck!
    Paul
    98 328I 4/M
    02' 996 coupe
    My ex-es:
    99 328IS 2/M
    95 325I 4/A
    02 M3 SMG
    90 325I 2/M

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe, 08 535xiT
    Thanks for the reply, but it acts more like a packaging film on the glass, not something that can be fixed by Rain-X or something like that. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it off entirely. Anyone have ideas?

My Cars
    BMW-Less
    So does the glass have bad waves in it? If so, take it back and they will warranty the glass and replace it.

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe, 08 535xiT
    No, the glass itself seems fine (at least when it isn't raining), it just takes water in a very strange manner. It basically does not clear fully when you run the wipers, and it seems to have water spots that won't go away for the life of me. The last time that it rained, I had to pull over due to lack of visibility.

Any thoughts?

My Cars
    BMW-Less
    I have seen window polish before at Wal-Mart. It is a fine powder that may help.

If the glass is that bad, my adivse is to call the place that put it in and ask for their advise. Mabye it is a bad piece of glass and the water spots are in the center pice of vinyl between the glass?