Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery Thread

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Propcar, could you delete the duplicate post above. This thread is for the ARC-8 wheels, and I don't want it going off topic with unrelated large photos.

Thanks,

-Eddy P

My Cars
    99 Fern M3
    Finally got mine mounted, The winter here sucks. These have been sitting in the boxs driving me crazy since the first week of November.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GREENM3 View Post
    Finally got mine mounted, The winter here sucks. These have been sitting in the boxs driving me crazy since the first week of November.
    Looks great! what size tires are those?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E46 M3 with the 18x9.5" Anthracites and 275/35/18 NT-01's mounted

My Cars
    95 M3 Alpine/97 Ram 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
    You can't be concave, and clear a BBK on an E36. You have an E39, and your caliper is behind the wheel mounting point, so you don't have that issue. The two cars are not comparable.
    If they are concave outwards toward the lip (like the 18s appear to be) then it will clear a bbk. I would definitely get a set of these if they were offset friendly without requiring spacers for a wide square set-up

Edit: warranty voided if powdercoated
    Last edited by swolcat; 02-17-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Powder Coating... http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496991
    Bay Area/San Diego Fender Rolling... wavewarrior2@comcast.net
    95 M3- 2876lbs

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by swolcat View Post
    If they are concave outwards toward the lip (like the 18s appear to be) then it will clear a bbk. I would definitely get a set of these if they were offset friendly without requiring spacers for a wide square set-up

Edit: warranty voided if powdercoated
    No. It's physically impossible to have a high offset concave wheel. They're either one or the other, but never both at the same time on the E36. Which is why concave wheels work on the 5 series without issue, but all stick out on the E36.

Every wheel manufacturer's warranty is voided if you take their wheel and refinish it yourself using any method FYI
    Last edited by paintpro21; 02-17-2011 at 09:15 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3 Alpine/97 Ram 4x4
    No. It's physically impossible to have a high offset concave wheel. They're either one or the other, but never both at the same time on the E36. Which is why concave wheels work on the 5 series without issue, but all stick out on the E36.

Every wheel manufacturer's warranty is voided if you take their wheel and refinish it yourself using any method FYI
    I was speaking about concaved outward (meaning a LOWER offset as opposed to higher) which would allow the use of a wide square set up without spacers up front (I have a personal problem with spacers) VAC will paint the ARC and retain its warranty, however, if they are powdercoated, then the warranty is void per their website.....
    95 M3- 2876lbs

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    I was speaking about concaved outward (meaning a LOWER offset as opposed to higher) which would allow the use of a wide square set up without spacers up front (I have a personal problem with spacers) VAC will paint the ARC and retain its warranty, however, if they are powdercoated, then the warranty is void per their website.....
    That would be convex not concave.

VAC is extending the warranty themselves (through their painter).

My Cars
    95 M3 Alpine/97 Ram 4x4
    That would be convex not concave.

VAC is extending the warranty themselves (through their painter).
    well I could be wrong, but....

I guess my explanation was a little confusing. I did not mean concaved outward as convexed, I meant concaved outward from the center of the wheel toward the lip, not from the lip to center of wheel
    so when you talk about warranties, you're only talking about finishes then.... I was under the assumption that the warranty being void for powdercoating them had to do with structural integrity vs. the finish
    Last edited by swolcat; 02-17-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    95 M3- 2876lbs

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    well I could be wrong, but....

so when you talk about warranties, you're only talking about finishes then.... I was under the assumption that the warranty being void for powdercoating them had to do with structural integrity vs. the finish
    This is a photo gallery that I'm not trying to take off topic. But I'll sum this up below.

The 18x9.5" et35 wheel has concave spokes. If they bend out to clear the caliper they are no longer be considered concave, as depth is visually compromised. Concave spokes interfere with calipers because the caliper on the E36 sticks out past the hub mounting point. Concavity is directly related to offset and width. A wheel that does what you want, will look nothing like what we make. The two can't be mixed.

Regarding any refinishing of any kind: The warranty is instantly voided on a wheel by all manufacturers if it's not performed by them. It's known that powder coating can compromise the heat tempering of aluminum wheels. We won't offer the service nor will VAC due to liability. When you go do it yourself, we have no idea who you're dealing with, and what their standard is. Everything is voided because we had zero control over how that was performed. The wheel could be weaker, and it could have been done poorly. You've clearly modified the product. There is no reason for any company to take responsibility of any kind after that.

Has anyone had an issue after painting our wheels? No. When you pay to refinish a wheel that company that does it usually guarantees the finish themselves, but the structural warranty is void as well. But if you can afford to refinish a wheel, then you should be ready to replace them at your expense if an issue arises after custom modification. To prevent this problem, we will offer custom finishes ourselves in the future, but that may not be until later this year.

Back to the pics:

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    You're not getting it. Nobody's asking for a higher offset (stock e36) concave wheel. Our demand is for a LOWER offset 17" wheel with a good amount of concavity, i.e. 17x9-10 et20~30.
    Last edited by paul9325; 02-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3 Alpine/97 Ram 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by paul9325 View Post
    You're not getting it. Nobody's asking for a higher offset (stock e36) concave wheel. Our demand is for a LOWER offset 17" wheel with a good amount of concavity, i.e. 17x9-10 et20~30.
    +1 with a WHOLE lotta zeros at the end of it

This is a photo gallery that I'm not trying to take off topic. But I'll sum this up below.

The 18x9.5" et35 wheel has concave spokes. If they bend out to clear the caliper they are no longer be considered concave, as depth is visually compromised. Concave spokes interfere with calipers because the caliper on the E36 sticks out past the hub mounting point. Concavity is directly related to offset and width. A wheel that does what you want, will look nothing like what we make. The two can't be mixed.

Regarding any refinishing of any kind: The warranty is instantly voided on a wheel by all manufacturers if it's not performed by them. It's known that powder coating can compromise the heat tempering of aluminum wheels. We won't offer the service nor will VAC due to liability. When you go do it yourself, we have no idea who you're dealing with, and what their standard is. Everything is voided because we had zero control over how that was performed. The wheel could be weaker, and it could have been done poorly. You've clearly modified the product. There is no reason for any company to take responsibility of any kind after that.

Has anyone had an issue after painting our wheels? No. When you pay to refinish a wheel that company that does it usually guarantees the finish themselves, but the structural warranty is void as well. But if you can afford to refinish a wheel, then you should be ready to replace them at your expense if an issue arises after custom modification. To prevent this problem, we will offer custom finishes ourselves in the future, but that may not be until later this year.
    Referring to the picture I posted, if the mounting point is dead center of the concave picture, that would give MORE clearance for the caliper(the mounting surface would be on the "convex" side, not the concave side), not less. If it were convex (like a style 5/RC090 or 19/RT) then yes, there would be less caliper clearance.

As far as the finish is concerned, I refinish/powdercoat myself and am not worried about structural integrity because the temperatures needed for curing are about the same as a wheel would see sitting in a asphalt parking lot in arizona (powder can be cured as low as 250degrees) Just bummed that it would void the warranty, thats all.
    Last edited by swolcat; 02-18-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    95 M3- 2876lbs

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by paul9325 View Post
    Oh I get it. I engineered this wheel and many others. I have CAD drawings with brake caliper overlays, and I can see where the caliper interference will be, and it sucks on the E36. The closer the caliper is to the center of the hub, the worse the overlapping point will be with the spokes.

Members keep asking for low offset wide wheels, that are somehow E36 specific and fit right. Some want all of that AND BBK clearance. A low offset 17x9 or 17x10 is already aggressive for cars designed to run low offset wheels let alone the E36 which is designed to run high offset wheels. I'm not saying you can't make a low offset wheel. I already do. I'm saying you can't make a low offset wheel and call it a clean fitment for the E36. It will NEVER stay under the fender. If that's acceptable to you, then there is no reason to ask for an E36 specific wheel. Just run something from the 5 series.

I'm not going to make this photo thread into a technical thread about an unusual fitment. Members who come into this thread expect to see photos, and not a discussion about concavity. If you would like to continue the discussion, please create a new thread about it. I would be happy to explain the issues.

My Cars
    95 M3 Alpine/97 Ram 4x4
    I dont see any wheels listed for a 5 series on your site.....
    possible group buy for say a 17x10 et 30ish?
    Last edited by swolcat; 02-18-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    95 M3- 2876lbs

My Cars
    99 Fern M3
    Looks great! what size tires are those?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E46 M3 with the 18x9.5" Anthracites and 275/35/18 NT-01's mounted

225\40 and 245\35
    Thanks I love them.

My Cars
    s2000
    looking awesome adn stunning !! keep them coming

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    No. Need to roll all of them. Will also need camber adjustability front and rear.

-Mike
    Just curious if the stock rear control arms can provide enough rear camber, or would I need some aftermarket ones?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 SEDAN
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GREENM3 View Post
    225\40 and 245\35
    Thanks I love them.
    do you have a closeup pic of the rear wheels/tires?

My Cars
    99 Fern M3
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSaloonM3 View Post
    do you have a closeup pic of the rear wheels/tires?

I am at work right now. I will snap a pic later.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy5000 View Post
    Just curious if the stock rear control arms can provide enough rear camber, or would I need some aftermarket ones?
    Depends on how low you are, I was able to get roughly ~2.5 degree of negative camber in the rear. In the front I have ~3.5 degrees of negative camber. Its more than enough to clear a 17x9.5

If you're at stock ride height, then yes you'll need adjustable rear control arms. I highly suggest getting some from turners.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Relax View Post
    Depends on how low you are, I was able to get roughly ~2.5 degree of negative camber in the rear. In the front I have ~3.5 degrees of negative camber. Its more than enough to clear a 17x9.5

If you're at stock ride height, then yes you'll need adjustable rear control arms. I highly suggest getting some from turners.
    I'm going with 17x9s now, but thanks for the help... I just feel like the 18s look way too big on the e36.

My Cars
    99 Dakar M3
    Hello I need new wheels soon and Im planning on autoxing the e36 M3 a bit and I want good looks and the ARC-8's look spot on!
    I have a few questions first though...
    I want to get the 18 inch wheels...I cant decide between 8.5 and 9. What's the max size tire you could fit on the 8.5?
    Also, I want to make sure Im ready for these. So I'll defnitely need adjustable rear control arms as well as camber plates and rolling fenders to make these fit? Is that it?

Oh and where could i get one of those fancy fender rolling tools?
    Thanks in advance,
    Greg
    Last edited by Gregarious7; 04-11-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: More to add

My Cars
    e36 330?...e34 525i
    the 1st pic of the wheels on the e30 looks good, like the wheels alot +1. WITH CONCAVE...a whole different story, +100. These wheels look bad ass. would look GREAT on ANY bmw! IMO

My Cars
    03 m3, 20 VW Tig R Black

17 x 8.5 all around in anthracite. no spacing.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Thread needs more M Coupes!

18x9.5/10.5 255/295

My Cars
    98 M3
    The concave wheels and meaty tires on the m coupe look awesome.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast