Thread: E36 multi information display removal Help

My Cars
    325is 5SP manual Feb1995

E36 multi information display removal Help

I have seen many post on E36 multi information display removal, but any good links to removal with photos, just have to change the clock bulb. I have the 18 button display on my 325is 1995.

My Cars
    OBDI M3
    The piece you're talking about is commonly referred to as the OBC (or On-Board Computer).

If you reach into your sunglass holder/cubby, you should feel a hole in the middle, put your finger up there and press hard, you may feel a button-like piece of plastic, once depressed, the OBC will slide out. If you can not get it out that way, I have used an old credit card around the top and bottom to pull it out.

Then the harness have flip-up surrounds that slide up and pop the whole connector off.
    E82

My Cars
    1995 325is
    you may have to use a little force to get it out. the first time i took mine out it felt really jammed in there. had to really push my finger in there and pry it out. also had to use a flat head screwdriver to help pry it out around the edges. also be careful that it doesnt catch too hard on the sunglass holder/climate control, as you can crack the edges.