Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08 BMW M6 by TSC17. Very long thread!

My Cars
    '96 328i Coupe
    Holy *$@$#" , that's incredible!
    So much eye for detail, and the state it's in after all the work, simply AMAZING!
    '96 Montrealblau Metallic 328i Coupe Mtec Package

My Cars
    2007 Acura TL Type S
    Seriously guys, thank you very much for such nice compliments on my work. I put a lot of effort into the work, the write up, and the photography and it's great to receive such positive feedback.

Perfecting Auto Finishes in Columbus, Ohio!

My Cars
    '96 328i Coupe
    You really did an awesome job!
    I recently bought a 328i coupe which needed detailing as well, I kept postponing it, but this weekend it happened, your work inspired me.
    Worked on it for 15hrs and it turned out super!

Keep up the good work, and you may inspire others!
    Last edited by Burner328; 06-07-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    '96 Montrealblau Metallic 328i Coupe Mtec Package

My Cars
    2007 Acura TL Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner328 View Post
    You really did an awesome job!
    I recently bought a 328i coupe which needed detailing as well, I kept postponing it, but this weekend it happened, your work inspired me.
    Worked on it for 15hrs and it turned out super!

Keep up the good work, and you may inspire others!
    I'm very happy to hear that. I go through the extra effort in order to teach others, and to show what a car can be turned into with the right combination of products, time, and techniques.

I'm glad to hear that your car turned out well...now it's just a matter of simple maintenance.

My Cars
    1991 325i, 2002 325iT
    Wonderful work! I'm in awe and inspired all at once! I'm active duty Air Force and do some detailing on the side. $50/hour is a great rate and well deserved; hopefully one day I'll earn the right to charge that much. It's hard to keep many clients because of deployments/tdys/leave etc, but I make it a personal goal to keep my own vehicles in tip-top shape. I'm in the process of transforming my newly acquired e30 325i into something at least presentable.

The car had a horrible respray and I actually had to use my dremel to remove tons of overspray from the trim and gaskets. After that was done, I started with Menzerna Power Gloss on a yellow LC pad on the Flex. With just one pass, it was like night and day. Because the paint was in such poor condition (saturated metallic in places, clearcoat over scratches, runs, dimples, etc.) I decided to use Klasse AIO next instead of Menzerna SIP or 106ff. I'm going to use up my last bit of FMJ with some old blue Zymol to finish it off. I should be done in the next couple of hours, since the hard work is mostly done. Sorry I don't have any pics uploaded yet, but your post got me excited to post my own experience this weekend!

I have been using Leatherique for a few years and I swear by it. I'm not sure if it's overkill, but I normally put some 303 Aerospace Protectant on leather after Leatherique. I'm also thinking of using Opti-Seal once my FMJ is gone since so many people recommend it.

Again, great write up. Very informative and inspriational!

My Cars
    2014 Toyota Corolla S
    I dont think Ohio is a great place for you.

How about you move to the bay area, California. My m3 keeps asking for you!
    2006 Z4 Black/Black-Sold
    2002 Z3 Black/Beige-Sold
    2004 Imola Red/Black M3-Sold
    2005 Alpine White/Gray M3-Sold
    1999 Alpine White/Mulberry M3-Sold

My Cars
    '02 530i & '15 X1 35i
    I wish you were in Miami, I would kill for this to be done to my car.
    '02 E39 530i/5sp Topaz Blue/Black Interior - MegaSquirt3x - Garrett GTX3582R turbo - E85 fuel - Apex FL-5 - 265/295 tires - Custom Porsche Brembo BBK - 600whp @ 22 PSI
    '15 E84 X1 35i M Sport Alpine White/Coral Red Interior - H&R Sports & Bilstein B6 - Velgen VMB5 - 265/305 tires - ETS FMIC - MPI Charge pipe & DME Flash - 3.5" down pipe

My Cars
    '07 RRS, '03 325i, '94 GSX
    Speechless. Now being selfish - know anyone in the Boise area?

My Cars
    Cadillac
    + Respect.

Great job man!

Previous cars: 1994 325i Vert, 1996 328i Sedan, 1998 740i, 1999 740il....current car: 1996 328is Sport/5 speed/black on black

My Cars
    2007 Acura TL Type S
    Guys...thank you all so much for the kind words. I sincerely appreciate them!

I do know people in the Bay area, but I don't know anybody in Boise.

My Cars
    2014 Toyota Corolla S
    Yes but is he as good as u?
    2006 Z4 Black/Black-Sold
    2002 Z3 Black/Beige-Sold
    2004 Imola Red/Black M3-Sold
    2005 Alpine White/Gray M3-Sold
    1999 Alpine White/Mulberry M3-Sold

My Cars
    '07 RRS, '03 325i, '94 GSX
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC17 View Post
    I do know people in the Bay area, but I don't know anybody in Boise.

Quote Originally Posted by 510m3 View Post
    Yes but is he as good as u?
    Would only need to be 1/10 as good...

My Cars
    2007 Acura TL Type S
    Thanks guys.

You want to contact Bob Willis of Auto Concierge. He is extremely talented and I would have him work on my cars without hesitation!

My Cars
    2011 335is, 2012 535i GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftytoenails View Post
    Wonderful work! I'm in awe and inspired all at once! I'm active duty Air Force and do some detailing on the side. $50/hour is a great rate and well deserved; hopefully one day I'll earn the right to charge that much. It's hard to keep many clients because of deployments/tdys/leave etc, but I make it a personal goal to keep my own vehicles in tip-top shape. I'm in the process of transforming my newly acquired e30 325i into something at least presentable.

The car had a horrible respray and I actually had to use my dremel to remove tons of overspray from the trim and gaskets. After that was done, I started with Menzerna Power Gloss on a yellow LC pad on the Flex. With just one pass, it was like night and day. Because the paint was in such poor condition (saturated metallic in places, clearcoat over scratches, runs, dimples, etc.) I decided to use Klasse AIO next instead of Menzerna SIP or 106ff. I'm going to use up my last bit of FMJ with some old blue Zymol to finish it off. I should be done in the next couple of hours, since the hard work is mostly done. Sorry I don't have any pics uploaded yet, but your post got me excited to post my own experience this weekend!

I have been using Leatherique for a few years and I swear by it. I'm not sure if it's overkill, but I normally put some 303 Aerospace Protectant on leather after Leatherique. I'm also thinking of using Opti-Seal once my FMJ is gone since so many people recommend it.

Again, great write up. Very informative and inspriational!
    Thanks for your service!

After PG and a yellow pad you want to use another polish like the SIP. A yellow pad is harsh on your paint and left micromarring. Do a few straight IPA wipedowns and inspect your work in the sun or with a halogen light.

My Cars
    2007 Acura TL Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3 View Post
    Thanks for your service!

After PG and a yellow pad you want to use another polish like the SIP. A yellow pad is harsh on your paint and left micromarring. Do a few straight IPA wipedowns and inspect your work in the sun or with a halogen light.

Sorry I missed the reply on that one...thanks Bryan for properly addressing it.

And thanks for the service as well from a former service member (13B Field Artillery).

My Cars
    1991 325i, 2002 325iT
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3 View Post
    Thanks for your service!

Quote Originally Posted by TSC17 View Post
    Sorry I missed the reply on that one...thanks Bryan for properly addressing it.

And thanks for the service as well from a former service member (13B Field Artillery).
    No need for thanks, but it's appreciated! I applaud the efforts that you guys take to document and add humor your work. I've learned much from these and other detailing specific forums, and it has really improved my craft.

My Cars
    11' 135i/ RIP 99 E38
    Clean Detail! Great Job on Bringing The M6 Back To Show Car Cleanliness!

My Cars
    honda civic
    cleeeeeaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn

My Cars
    97 540i/6, 99 Viper
    How much do you charge to detail?

My Cars
    2007 Acura TL Type S
    Thank you guys!

Most premium detailers rates range from $50-$70 per hour. Mine are $50...

My Cars
    1999 528IT Touring
    Awesome work and write up

Thanks for all the details as to the products you use, very helpful

My Cars
    '73 Bavaria
    Good work. Nice to see guys around who know what they're doing.
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

My Cars
    12 Mustang GT
    dam! thats amazing.

I wish I could get my car like that.
    86 Rx-7 GXL(sold)
    98 Eclipse(sold)
    97 328is(gone)
    06 Mustang GT(gone)
    12 Mustang GT

LETS GO RANGERS!

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850I CB73435
    My wife tells me that i have OCD 😊 beause i can easily spend hours with leatherique, which i have used for years. You do fine work; i have learned that superior work is all about attention to the details. Again fine work. Raise your rates, ocd therapy starts at $100.00/hour.☺ thank you for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12