Thread: What did you do to your e36 today?

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    That's odd. One would think all [reputable] 95A would have the same NVH for the most part. May have something to do with how big the metal sleeves are or what you torque them down to. Granted, we also have different diffs. I have a 3.23LSD with redline 75W-140. That being said, I don't remember it getting any louder than when it had rubber bushings and the original 20yr old gear oil.

Quote Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
    Revshift 95A

Mine was a fresh build 2.93 LSD from Absent Speed Factory. No whining with rubber bushings, I didn't really hear anything when I first put in my 95A bushings. Got my ears cleaned and DAMN ITS LOUD. I'm pretty sure the whine was always there with 95A, just too high pitched for me to initially hear it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    After years, I finally hooked up the original driver’s seat power supply inside the fusebox and fitted the lumbar support into the seat. My back loves me.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    That's odd. One would think all [reputable] 95A would have the same NVH for the most part. May have something to do with how big the metal sleeves are or what you torque them down to. Granted, we also have different diffs. I have a 3.23LSD with redline 75W-140. That being said, I don't remember it getting any louder than when it had rubber bushings and the original 20yr old gear oil.

Maybe your hearing is shot :P

Also, I hate Revshift for the issue I had in my thread.

I also tried to replicate a clutch issue where the pedal sticks midway up the travel, right at the engagement point. I either stall or lurch forward when that happens. I can always put my toe under the pedal and pull it back up, and then it works fine. Very rarely does it continually stick after pumping in, but it was bad at nationals to the point where I thought about parking the car and driving somebody else's. Hopefully the shop knows the source of the problem.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    My wife likes to think so

I'm not off a fan of revshift. Love AKG though.
    Maybe your hearing is shot

Also, I hate Revshift for the issue I had in my thread.

I also tried to replicate a clutch issue where the pedal sticks midway up the travel, right at the engagement point. I either stall or lurch forward when that happens. I can always put my toe under the pedal and pull it back up, and then it works fine. Very rarely does it continually stick after pumping in, but it was bad at nationals to the point where I thought about parking the car and driving somebody else's. Hopefully the shop knows the source of the problem.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Ordered the VAC fuel starvation kit.

After going back and forth between a single/dual walbros for months, and then trying to source a OEM dual pump kit through a sponsor, I ended up with the VAC kit.

Yes, it is over $500 shipped (BW always out of stock), but eliminating 40+lbs of weight (fuel) & getting some more power throughout the power band (running lean on #24s injectors) is going to be well worth it.

Really excited to get back out of on track in <4 weeks, but still need to get the ABS working with the OBD1 tune...

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    New NGK plugs and oil + filter change and added the magnetic drain plug. Have a fuel filter waiting to go on with some other goodies for another time.

My Cars
    325i '92, Polo 6R, XJ6S3
    Installed new fog lights, foam for the roll cage and front bumper adjustment.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Took it for a lap around the Nordschleife.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328ic
    Got the recently purchased CD deck installed into the convertible’s trunk secret compartment so got storage space back

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Put the VAC kit in. The generalized instructions for the E36/E46 were not very helpful, just a warning to anyone who might consider doing this on their own.

The provided pipe fittings were a pain in the ass to ensure that the fuel lines didnt get crimped under the seat metal, due to their length/size.

"VAC Application Specific CNC Machined Fittings (no inferior pluming-grade piping to fail)"
    3826484329179087008.jpg
    811594971472344545.jpg

Glad that is over with.

My Cars
    '93 320i
    Replaced my valve cover gasket for the 2nd time this year, after replacing the original one back in February with a Victor Reinz which failed after only 21,000kms. Not very happy about that, but glad I work at a Bmw dealership now so ordering a OEM one costed me half as much as aftermarket ones. Also did an oil change, cleaned the MAF, detailed the interior to get rid of all the oil residue & installed a remote starter to top it all off. Been a busy couple days this weekend but she's almost ready for another round of winter fun before retirement next spring.

'93 Bmw 32oi /// White leather, H&R race springs, Style 125 reps, Evo X wing

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3/2/5
    Upgraded z3 rad, upper/lower hoses, heater core hoses, hoses going to the TB and IAT etc.. pads and rotors front and rear. Next is my 3 clutch lsd upgrade, coilovers and rtabs+limiters. After all that I'll fluid film everything underneath and have fun this winter!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Drove it 15 miles to 3rd Shift Motorsports to address the ABS issue, install the radiator that CSF provided after the win at Bimmerfest 2018, & an aluminum expansion tank. Then do some of the last checks for Bimmer Challenge on 10/20 @ Buttonwillow #13CW.

7155219979385208539.jpg

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    New front hubs and bearings.

Caught ya staring

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal

Glad I don't have to do hubs yet cause BMW hubs are not as easy as Chevy hubs that I'm too familiar with

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i

Glad I don't have to do hubs yet cause BMW hubs are not as easy as Chevy hubs that I'm too familiar with
    Bmw hubs are super easy. The fronts have an uncommon socket size but that's it. After you pull the nut off, the hub is easy to pull. Mine came off by hand. To get the stuck inner race off the spindle, I filed down a $10 two-jaw puller from a local auto store. It fits perfectly into the groove on the race. I braced it against the spindle with some wood and it sucked the race right off. Then I positioned the socket securely in the new hub, and used a rubber mallet to hammer the new hub onto the spindle.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Pretty much what I did. I destroyed my rear dust covers with the jaw puller though so I had to get new covers. They're cheap at $3/eat at least. The new ones I had to hammer on with a deadblow and socket against the outter bearing. Once I had it on enough to thread the nut on I was able to use a socket and wrench to push it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by XnWarden View Post
    Bmw hubs are super easy. The fronts have an uncommon socket size but that's it. After you pull the nut off, the hub is easy to pull. Mine came off by hand. To get the stuck inner race off the spindle, I filed down a $10 two-jaw puller from a local auto store. It fits perfectly into the groove on the race. I braced it against the spindle with some wood and it sucked the race right off. Then I positioned the socket securely in the new hub, and used a rubber mallet to hammer the new hub onto the spindle.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    After dealing with no A/C for 2-3 years I finally got around to repairing the system. I replaced the pressure switch, the compressor, and the dryer. I removed all the lines and back flushed them. I installed new o-rings. I re-oiled the system and then made sure it held vacuum for 30 minutes. There were no leaks, so i continued pulling vacuum for another hour. Now that the system is moisture free, im about to refill it. Going to be so nice having working A/C again!!!

My Cars
    325i '92, Polo 6R, XJ6S3
    Quote Originally Posted by XnWarden View Post
    After dealing with no A/C for 2-3 years I finally got around to repairing the system. I replaced the pressure switch, the compressor, and the dryer. I removed all the lines and back flushed them. I installed new o-rings. I re-oiled the system and then made sure it held vacuum for 30 minutes. There were no leaks, so i continued pulling vacuum for another hour. Now that the system is moisture free, im about to refill it. Going to be so nice having working A/C again!!!

Nice

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3/2/5
    Got my BC BR coilovers in, new OEM RTABS with limiters and RSM Reinforcement plates plus fluid film. Was going to do inner and outer tierods but I pulled the inner boots and had like half a quart of PSF gush out. Could be a re seal but this rack is pretty dead so I'll be replacing that first.. I'm thinking the PO hit a curb pretty good because it was a fight to get the shock studs through the holes on the passenger side while the drivers side lined up perfectly.. more to think about

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    325i '92, Polo 6R, XJ6S3
    Today I bought some updates for the E36!
    Eibach street S produced by KW. Lovely collaboration between the two a brands.

-Uniball topmounts
    -Camber plates.

At the moment fully taking it apart, and servicing them.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    What’s up ladies? Figured I’d come peek here and see what everyone is doing with their e36s. Miss mine sometimes, but I’ve been stuck in fwd VW camp for so long noe that I don’t even really mind it lol.

Ps. Anyone need any parts for cheap? Still got a bunch of junk... clear sedan tails, amber coupe tails, alternators both 4 and 6 cyl, bunches of sensors and other jumk...

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Sup stranger. Long time no see.
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    What’s up ladies? Figured I’d come peek here and see what everyone is doing with their e36s. Miss mine sometimes, but I’ve been stuck in fwd VW camp for so long noe that I don’t even really mind it lol.

Ps. Anyone need any parts for cheap? Still got a bunch of junk... clear sedan tails, amber coupe tails, alternators both 4 and 6 cyl, bunches of sensors and other jumk...

My Cars
    325i '92, Polo 6R, XJ6S3
    this is really something i want, struds right? How do you make these?

Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    New front hubs and bearings.

Caught ya staring

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Make them? I bought them.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetron View Post
    this is really something i want, struds right? How do you make these?

Page 659 of 707 FirstFirst ... 159559609634649650651652653654655656657658659660661662663664665666667668669684 ... LastLast